Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen a few threads on it, seems you may need to convince a mobile tech to activate it for you or something, but yeah search these forums you may find some folks who have done it or bought used ones for much cheaper than tesla direct.

I also just paid the 350 🤣

New Austin Y's all have harder door slam out the gate. Seem to break in and be fine over time, helps keep the seal strong between the rubber and the door/glass and reduces wind noise.
So... I take this back. Took my car into service and they said car door is not supposed to be this hard to slam, and that it was not aligned. They adjusted the door hinge, latch, and window (and said they replaced some trim that was broken from the factory I didnt even notice). As an aside, got to shout out how amazing the service experience was compared to when I had my three years ago.

They did say it should have some force more than you might expect as the seal breaks in, but apparently mine was out of spec and needed fixing. Maybe worth having them give it a check.

So... I take this back. Took my car into service and they said car door is not supposed to be this hard to slam, and that it was not aligned. They adjusted the door hinge, latch, and window (and said they replaced some trim that was broken from the factory I didnt even notice). As an aside, got to shout out how amazing the service experience was compared to when I had my three years ago.

They did say it should have some force more than you might expect as the seal breaks in, but apparently mine was out of spec and needed fixing. Maybe worth having them give it a check.
Good to know. Thanks!

I picked up my 2023 MYLR Fremont built yesterday. Total wait time from ordering online to pickup was 10 days. Was surprised to get it so quick I had everything standard except tow hitch. I also received the credit which was a nice surprise because it shaved almost $7k off the price (credit + tax reduction). Odometer was 3 during pickup.
How was the build quality? You get matrix headlights? My EDD for a 7 seater (ordered June 2022) is Dec 10-24 and guessing they’re building it this week.

If you don’t have ultrasonic sensors on your front and rear bumpers (most likely, with a 2023 MY just like mine didn’t come with them), you won’t get summon back until Tesla releases a vision update for proximity sensing with cameras alone. How long? No one knows.
I am also in the same boat. If I knew when I was picking up my Model 3 2023, I would reject the delivery.
I would be Ok, if they knew when the feature will be delivered

Is there anyway to complain?

Just received my VIN yesterday. Ordered June 10th MYLR blue/white, tow,19" no FSD. Scheduled to be picked up Dec. 16th- a Christmas present to me from me!
My config is similar to yours.
Ordered Oct 9th MYLR blue/white, geminis, no tow, no FSD. Initial EDD was Dec-Apr, then Dec 2022 for a brief period. As of this morning I’m seeing Dec 26 - Dec 31. No VIN yet, but anxiously waiting to see if I actually get one in the coming days.

Ordered April 23. Received VIN 12/09. Car is getting delivered 12/11. The onboarding process via the app so far has gone smoothly. I had called and changed the delivery to be from Fremont as I live about 30 miles away but I got the notification via the app they are delivering it to our home tomorrow. I am bit apprehensive based on the general opinion on this forum from members who have had some issues with home delivery.

It is PF623,XXX.

I requested a call back and the rep who called me back stated the car was manufactured yesterday. I triple checked with him and he confirmed it was manufactured 12/9. I found it rather odd they are able to push the cars out this fast without any hold period.

Really hoping we get the updated suspension. Is there any chance this car will still have the old suspension? The rep could not give me this detail.

Ordered April 23. Received VIN 12/09. Car is getting delivered 12/11. The onboarding process via the app so far has gone smoothly. I had called and changed the delivery to be from Fremont as I live about 30 miles away but I got the notification via the app they are delivering it to our home tomorrow. I am bit apprehensive based on the general opinion on this forum from members who have had some issues with home delivery.

It is PF623,XXX.

I requested a call back and the rep who called me back stated the car was manufactured yesterday. I triple checked with him and he confirmed it was manufactured 12/9. I found it rather odd they are able to push the cars out this fast without any hold period.

Really hoping we get the updated suspension. Is there any chance this car will still have the old suspension? The rep could not give me this detail.
There is no way it would have the old suspension. New suspension started on late 2022 cars. Mine has new suspension and is an Oct 14th build with F574XXX VIN.

Let us know if you get Matrix lights...still seems very hit or miss.
Parcel shelf seems to be standard now (I missed out on that one by a week or two).

There is no way it would have the old suspension. New suspension started on late 2022 cars. Mine has new suspension and is an Oct 14th build with F574XXX VIN.

Let us know if you get Matrix lights...still seems very hit or miss.
Parcel shelf seems to be standard now (I missed out on that one by a week or two).
My parcel shelf rattles non stop unfortunately. I’ll have to come up with something like Velcro etc.

My parcel shelf rattles non stop unfortunately. I’ll have to come up with something like Velcro etc.
Is it stock? My 2023 Model Y is an Austin build, and those are coming equipped with the parcel shelf above the rear cargo space. They’re also magnetic, too, which is why I’m more than a little surprised that yours rattles. If your is stock, then double-check to make sure the magnets are in place on the bottom of the parcel shelf and on the top of the side rails the shelf sits on. If they’re missing, then I would think that TESLA would install them for you or replace your parcel shelf.

Is it stock? My 2023 Model Y is an Austin build, and those are coming equipped with the parcel shelf above the rear cargo space. They’re also magnetic, too, which is why I’m more than a little surprised that yours rattles. If your is stock, then double-check to make sure the magnets are in place on the bottom of the parcel shelf and on the top of the side rails the shelf sits on. If they’re missing, then I would think that TESLA would install them for you or replace your parcel shelf.
I’ll check. The right side feels magnetic when I adjust it. The left side feels like it just sits there. It is factory.

Reactions: THEbuz
So I played around with it a little and it looks like a couple issues are present. The ledges the shelf sits on are a little far apart to properly seat and the magnets on the left side move around and drop down inside the shelf ledge trim piece.