Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Service Bulletins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had mine since end is September and no issues.
We have seen an issue with the heating system twice here in the NY/NJ/CT area. Once my wife was in the car and we had the heat set to 19.5C which was fine but after running for awhile the air coming out of the system felt cool instead of warm. My wife who is not a fan of the cold noticed at first and the solution was to turn up the heated seats. The second time I was doing a drive by myself to Philadelphia to visit family and again instead of warm air coming out of the system it felt cool. I just turned off the fans and put on a pair of gloves I had in my coat pocket. I do warm up the car for about 20 minutes before starting a drive via the app (Climate > Defrost) and so far every time we get in the car is warm so it is not like the system is completely broken. I haven't followed up with Tesla because getting a time slot at the nearest service center has not been easy.

We have seen an issue with the heating system twice here in the NY/NJ/CT area. Once my wife was in the car and we had the heat set to 19.5C which was fine but after running for awhile the air coming out of the system felt cool instead of warm. My wife who is not a fan of the cold noticed at first and the solution was to turn up the heated seats. The second time I was doing a drive by myself to Philadelphia to visit family and again instead of warm air coming out of the system it felt cool. I just turned off the fans and put on a pair of gloves I had in my coat pocket. I do warm up the car for about 20 minutes before starting a drive via the app (Climate > Defrost) and so far every time we get in the car is warm so it is not like the system is completely broken. I haven't followed up with Tesla because getting a time slot at the nearest service center has not been easy.
When driving for a time, after having preconditioned my Model Y, if the air coming from the vents starts to feel a bit cooler I raise the cabin temperature setting by 1 degree F and the air from the vent quickly becomes warmer. I find this is typical heat pump behavior; to provide air that does not not particularly feel warm but in reality the heat pump is operating efficiently if somewhat slowly in warming the passenger cabin.

I have this very same issue, VIN 50xxx. It heats up fine preheated, and also seems to work fine some of the time. But too often, especially when I’m on the highway, it begins to blow cool/cold air. Turning up the temp, doesn’t seem to influence this after it begins to improperly work.

Not sure this is the right place but just read about a heating issue giving up on MY in colder climates. Anyone see this? I have a friend who just picked up her MY the other day, I’ll be sending her this bulletin or article.
Tesla owners of brand-new Model 3 and Y cars plagued with heating issues in dead of winter - Electrek

In these cases of failure, some seem to be caused by faulty sensor(s) and can bediagnosed remotely: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotor...r?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotor...f?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• Disagree
Reactions: pt19713
Odd,

my issue was the compressor and not the switches unless they didn’t post them as they were in stock?

Parts Ordered
  1. AC Compressor, Model Y
    Part #: 1501256-00-I
    Order Date: February 15, 2021

Please note: Parts required for your service that are available on site at our service center will not be listed here. Some parts ordered may not be installed during service if there is no fault found with the parts currently installed in the vehicle or if the parts are within Tesla standards.

Getting the sensors which were remote diagnosed replaced tomorrow. Heat works until the temps get down into the teens F and it starts to get cold or blow warm. not hot air. Once temps break 0F it's like I have no heat. According to the Tech I am getting new sensors from a new vendor that according to Tesla engineers fixes the problem. Since I tend to get my head chewed off when I say the above - I will re-iterate, your own experience my vary. It's not all Ys, but a high percentage of a low number of total vehicles up here in Alaska have the issue. And Alaska weather is not your typical winter environment.

My heat works even with the bad sensors if the outside air temp is above 20F. Starting out in a heated garage helps...

Not sure what is going on with the 2021 model Y as this is the third time in the last month I had to bring it in to Tesla for my A/C sensors. Also I just cracked up the front bumper and my local body shop is quoting me a price that is more than half of what Tesla charges would you rather pay double for a bumper replacement / paint to have Tesla do it instead?