Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great insight thanks. But even if you have your order number you can’t currently claim the charger Incentive as the MY isn’t on the list of approved cars. Hopefully it’ll be added soon!

Thanks for the review. What did they say about the impact of changing to the inductions? I assume at this stage it may delay but I’m still undecided. Probably will get some aftermarket 20’s and use the geminis for winter.
They said it could delay me from March delivery to June. So decided not to create an issue for myself.

Thanks for your comments. Interesting we have a M135i and was interested in the drive comfort.

Any chance to check out the 2022 additions?

I know we will miss the HUD but I am super exciting for the car.
He mentioned that it was a 2021 build, so didn't have any of the mods. When asked about the mods he said they dont work to deployment schedules, so they tend to only find out once the new features or changes are in the cars and being shipped to customers. This is the same messaging I have read on other sites.

Reactions: dog299
If someone can get a VIN of one of the UK cars we can run it through Tesla Info to see when they were built etc.
1641658002862.jpeg

Reactions: hairysteve
Hi All. New member here. Ordered my MYLR on day of release so hoping to be delivered in Feb/Mar.

I see a lot of post from people desperate for German deliveries over those from China. I understand there will be differences in manufacture and batteries, but are we expecting anything really noticeable, or is this the usual craving for the newest of the new?

Thanks!
Not sure if the quality will be better, I am mainly looking for the new battery.

It's from china and it possibly has a lithium battery but can't tell anything else.
It's definitely from China, it has a China VIN and America hasn't produced a RHD Model Y. These will have been stolen from a Hong Kong manufacturing run.

The Tesla-info.com decoder shows a 140*** VIN being built at the end of Oct so this is possibly born in late November/December.

Ok, so I have just driven the MY LR in Manchester and I can confirm that it is a UK RH drive with AMD processor😄. I spoke to one rep and he has told that the car has a double glazing back Windows and the new Panasonic battery, but honestly I am not sure if he really knows🙄

Attachments

• IMG_20220108_140137_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220108_140137_HDR.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20220108_140130_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220108_140130_HDR.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 62
Ok, so I have just driven the MY LR in Manchester and I can confirm that it is a UK RH drive with AMD processor😄. I spoke to one rep and he has told that the car has a double glazing back Windows and the new Panasonic battery, but honestly I am not sure if he really knows🙄
Wow that is great news, if true.

Tbh my main concern was the AMD chip and if a build from roughly Oct/Nov has it, it does look good/better.

There were reports that the China builds were ahead of the change over curve.

Still I guess it's roll the dice time.

Last edited:
Reactions: RichardTheKing
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has gathered intel from their test drives, really excited to see the photos and hear the details! Sadly couldn't get a slot from Thorpe Park so will have to wait patiently now for Feb/March.
They were accepting walk-ins when I was at Thorpe Park so might be worth a go. The team was moaning how quiet it was.