Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an update on this. I spoke to Tesla today and they are still forecasting a mid to end of March delivery date. Apparently my pickup location is Bluewater. That's all they were able to tell me other than "wait for the text" and that having a VIN is a good sign.

The enigmatic Tesla order process continues...
🤷‍♂️
This is consistent with what @JL17433 has said on the other delivery thread - and in this mysterious process, feels like any consistency in messaging is a decent sign. I’ll try and give them a shout tomorrow and let you know if that makes three of us being told the same.

Don't get me started on the complete waste of time and energy over 71 / 22 plates.
I’m picking mine up 26th so it’s a 71 plate. I’m not sure what the fuss is about 71 / 22 but we’re all different so each to their own. Personally, I can’t wait to get my car. I’ve waited ages and am so excited as hearing the reviews from people who have theirs has reinforced this was the right buy for me (our other car is a Model 3 so this is going to give us a bit more flexibility). Not long to wait for all of us and hope you all enjoy yours when they land.

I’m picking mine up 26th so it’s a 71 plate. I’m not sure what the fuss is about 71 / 22 but we’re all different so each to their own. Personally, I can’t wait to get my car. I’ve waited ages and am so excited as hearing the reviews from people who have theirs has reinforced this was the right buy for me (our other car is a Model 3 so this is going to give us a bit more flexibility). Not long to wait for all of us and hope you all enjoy yours when they land.
100%.

Mine happens to be a 22 plate being delivered in early March but if they offered pick up tomorrow, I’d jump at the chance.

Thanks I am using Mettle, so can only transfer maximum 20k everyday. Can I make multiple payments to tesla account or it needs to be one off?
Are you using your business account? The wording on the tesla account specifically said the transfers should come only from a personal account.

> Wire transfer must include your RN and be initiated from your personal bank account to the account listed below

Sometimes things are also non-disclosed to get rid of old stock. e.g. 🚨 parc🤬helf 🚨

I think some peoples ‘anxiety’ (rightly so) is;
You’ve been waiting to order a model Y for ages…
You ordered 4 months ago.
You are paying in full for it yourself.
Suddenly it’s announced, come get it right now - BUT, it’s just before the new 22 plates come out, (so not ideal.)
So people are thinking “am I dropping a whopping £55K plus on last years spec car on an old plate”;
Which will be worth less/ less desirable if sold after a couple of years
Or should I wait a bit for confirmation I’m getting the latest spec model and get it on a 22 plate? or just go for it on a 71 plate anyway?
These are valid concerns.

What would you rather have?
a 71 plate in the old spec or a 71 plate with the new spec or a 22 plate with the new spec? All for £55k?
It’s like buying an iPhone 13 for a grand and then the iPhone 14 comes out the next day!

Regarding the 4680 battery;
Much unnecessary hype about this too IMHO.
I don’t mind if my car is powered by AAA batteries or AA batteries, as long as the range is the same.
Sure the larger size battery packs more power but they’ll put less of the bigger ones in to do the same job. It’s that simple. So same same in the end. A pint sir? Or is it two halves for you today?
It’s just a cost cutting exercise for the manufacturer, same as the structural battery pack.
Do I care if the manufacturer saves money?
Yes and no;
yes if they pass the savings on to the customer or it makes a better product or it secures the brand/ after sales servicing etc;
No, if it keeps the prices overly high and they just make more profit which goes to their shareholders.
You want a Tesla with AA batteries? It's coming! Here's a spyshot of the latest Tesla battery development:
1645476895615.png

It's a simple fact of human nature that people want all the advantages of high tech and innovative companies such as Tesla and all the advantages of old world car companies like Toyota, BMW etc.

Very few accept that Tesla's way of doing things and delivering a technical advanced car will also have problems.

It's also human nature to be worried about missing out and someone getting something that you should have.

Others will justify their choices by being critical of others decisions.

There are very few that realise they are getting a vehicle that the majority of the people of this country would love to have.

No wonder mental health issues are so problematic in this country...we have forgotten how to be happy...
I am 100% aligned with what you say and I couldn't say it better. We are indeed very very fortunate to be able to buy a car like this as we are very fortunate in our country to be able to eat and sleep in a house. We have still too much people in our country who are staying outside and are begging for food. This is just not acceptable, and certainly not for all these country where the basics of feeding and living are a huge challenge. We are so fortunate and it is important to remember this everyday indeed

Is it possible to know when the cars are actually made. I don’t suppose they have the space to stack for months.
Not precisely no. Tesla purposely randomise the VINs to stop car counting etc. What we know is they manufacture and sell vehicles in the same three month financial quarter, and for European vehicles they spend 1/3 of the quarter at sea so nothing is sitting around for anything other than a few days.

Reactions: UrbanSplash