Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected mine two weeks ago today from Southampton Docks. Got a train to Southampton Central and a 20 minute walk to the collection centre - couldn't have been easier. Done nearly 500 miles and loved them all! I went for the Gemini wheels as I'd read reports about ride quality but fears were unfounded. I had decided to sell my BMW M2 as I was doing too few miles and also to sell the family Tiguan and combine the two cars as such. Compared to the M2 the ride quality is luxury and even my wife prefers it to the Tiguan which she used to drive daily. I've heard no noises from the rear axle despite driving over some bad surfaces so not going to bother with a parcel shelf - never used to use the one in the Tiguan anyway.

I've been fortunate over the years and have had a number of great cars ranging from a 911, Lotus Elise at one extreme to a Cayenne and ML500 at the other with Jaguars and others in between but I've never enjoyed a car as much as I am the MY at the moment.

Only downer was that a lorry threw up a stone a week ago and I have a crack in one corner of the windscreen. Fortunately got windscreen insurance cover (£110 excess) but Autoglass reckon it could be at least 3 months before they can get a replacement.

Waiting now forthe Ora Cat to be launched so that we can replace the little run-around car we have. Will then be all electric!
Glad you’re loving it!

Don‘t bother waiting for Autoglass, others have waited for months, someone recently persuaded their insurance company to let him get the windscreen direct from Tesla, which didn’t take long.

Collected mine two weeks ago today from Southampton Docks. Got a train to Southampton Central and a 20 minute walk to the collection centre - couldn't have been easier. Done nearly 500 miles and loved them all! I went for the Gemini wheels as I'd read reports about ride quality but fears were unfounded. I had decided to sell my BMW M2 as I was doing too few miles and also to sell the family Tiguan and combine the two cars as such. Compared to the M2 the ride quality is luxury and even my wife prefers it to the Tiguan which she used to drive daily. I've heard no noises from the rear axle despite driving over some bad surfaces so not going to bother with a parcel shelf - never used to use the one in the Tiguan anyway.

I've been fortunate over the years and have had a number of great cars ranging from a 911, Lotus Elise at one extreme to a Cayenne and ML500 at the other with Jaguars and others in between but I've never enjoyed a car as much as I am the MY at the moment.

Only downer was that a lorry threw up a stone a week ago and I have a crack in one corner of the windscreen. Fortunately got windscreen insurance cover (£110 excess) but Autoglass reckon it could be at least 3 months before they can get a replacement.

Waiting now forthe Ora Cat to be launched so that we can replace the little run-around car we have. Will then be all electric!
Love that review.

Any glaring things you found at the pickup like how everyone says to check out the car with any scuffs, panel misalignments or anything?

Bad news guys, Giga Shanghai still shut down, until at least Friday!

Seems more like "indefinitely" than "Friday" to me, if I'm honest. And the ramp-up time will be measured in at least weeks, most likely.

I expect considerable delays 😕

Reactions: teaston
The Five Stages of having your delivery window delayed

Stage1: Denial
What? no that's a mistake if I just refresh the browser it will go back. Hmm. Maybe again....

Stage2: Anger
They can't do that! that was a guaranteed estimated delivery window. They can't just change it.
I wanted it when I go to that thing to impress everyone and now I will lose my trade in price.
Its not fair.

Stage3: Bargaining
What if I change the wheels or switch to white? that will move it sooner surely? How about if I buy FSD?

Stage4: Depression
what am I going to do now. How will I manage without a model Y for an extra 3 weeks! Probably won't be the first one on the road now and if I don't get all those accessories out of the spare room soon my wife is going to divorce me.

Stage5: Acceptance
Oh well. I guess I can live with this old Model 3 a bit longer.
The dog has survived in the boot this long. A couple more weeks probably wont kill him.

The Five Stages of having your delivery window delayed

Stage1: Denial
What? no that's a mistake if I just refresh the browser it will go back. Hmm. Maybe again....

Stage2: Anger
They can't do that! that was a guaranteed estimated delivery window. They can't just change it.
I wanted it when I go to that thing to impress everyone and now I will lose my trade in price.
Its not fair.

Stage3: Bargaining
What if I change the wheels or switch to white? that will move it sooner surely? How about if I buy FSD?

Stage4: Depression
what am I going to do now. How will I manage without a model Y for an extra 3 weeks! Probably won't be the first one on the road now and if I don't get all those accessories out of the spare room soon my wife is going to divorce me.

Stage5: Acceptance
Oh well. I guess I can live with this old Model 3 a bit longer.
The dog has survived in the boot this long. A couple more weeks probably wont kill him.

Still at Stage 0 - no change yet! I’m preparing myself for a jump to stage 2.

I know it's estimates, but it's getting increasingly frustrating that I put my order in for a Model Y White, black 20s, with the estimated date of May. My EDD is 8-30 June, although it's still estimated May on the sales page... I feel like they're trolling me.

My MY (Blue, Black, 19s) is still stubbornly sticking to the May 8th to June 5th delivery window. With my trade-in offer expiring on May 27th I reckon the Shanghai lockdown is almost certainly going to delay things and I'll end up having to submit another trade-in valuation at some point. Tesla tell me that there is a 2,500 miles "allowance" on trade-in offers, and as I am currently housebound with a fractured foot, there is zero chance I will breach that. Not sure if they have any flexibility on the date though.

30 March.
I think given the current circumstances, a delivery date of June is very good for that order date.

There's very little anyone can do at this point, so your best bet is to just wait and see what happens in Shanghai and the rest of the quarter. You'll have your car in a few months, and that will be much better turnaround than most other manufacturers.

(I ordered a couple of weeks before you, so am going through the same thing!)

I know it's estimates, but it's getting increasingly frustrating that I put my order in for a Model Y White, black 20s, with the estimated date of May. My EDD is 8-30 June, although it's still estimated May on the sales page... I feel like they're trolling me.
Mate, it’s covid lockdown enforced by the government, what can they do!?

Although, it is absolutely ridiculous that they’re having lockdowns for what is essentially just a common cold now! The world really is going mad.

Mate, it’s covid lockdown enforced by the government, what can they do!?

Although, it is absolutely ridiculous that they’re having lockdowns for what is essentially just a common cold now! The world really is going mad.

I don't have a problem with the EDD going back to June (that is not the frustrating part), that is going to happen with the lockdown. The frustrating part is the current sales page is showing May, there is a discrepancy between what the sales page is giving possible buyers, to what they're really going to get.