Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there are some 50kw ones around which are always handy

Best to check them on PlugShare / Zap-Map and see the recent Comments. Many of those are broken a significant part of the time. If nothing else its interesting to see Comments over time, and how many are complaining, and compare that with the ones at a Supercharger which (I expect!) will be "Worked fine" maybe interspersed with an occasional Mitsubishi Outlander comment of "Failed to charge" Doh!

I have no idea what the business-model is of the 3rd party 50kW charger companies. Comments like "Contactless has never worked" (presumably no Mobile signal ... they didn't check that before they installed? or figured out how to work around that?), and lots of "Broken" (and not repaired for some time) comments ... not to mention "You have to download YetAnotherAPP" and quite possibly "Also get the RFID card" (if no wifi etc. at that site) and/or "Put some Credit on-account before you leave home" ....

I have no idea what the business-model is of the 3rd party 50kW charger companies
My experience (I run a cloud-native IT consultancy) is that these companies are great at infrastructure planning, ie the physical devices, getting the locations, and all of that jazz. They often have minimal credentials in user/customer experience, or product design. They're very much used to waterfall design, rather than iteratively trying things out and refining them.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Especially the Alps stuff

Of possible interest:

If you have time you might like to read the whole thread there, as there was some chatter and useful advice before I left.

Similar info (this was this year's trip report)

Reactions: xtattsbox
Has anyone else saw their 'Next Steps' change? Mine has changed in the past 4 or so hours since I checked to:

"As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details."

Previously it was the "we're drafting up your contract ..." I wonder if someone has all the steps somewhere?

Has anyone else saw their 'Next Steps' change? Mine has changed in the past 4 or so hours since I checked to:

"As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details."

Previously it was the "we're drafting up your contract ..." I wonder if someone has all the steps somewhere?
I think we all have this now.

I noticed this exact change too since this morning (it sent me into a bit of an excited tizzy if I’m truly honest, sorry, first Tesla…). EDD has not changed (yet!) and is still at May 13-Jun 08.

I wonder whether it’s just because it’s exactly 1 month before the first EDD date and this is an automatic change 1 month out from earliest EDD?

They’ve just redesigned the site. I don’t think it means anything relating to anyone’s individual orders.

This is not a new resign. Afaik, this is a normal process and the site changes as you go through the process. They have just moved people to the next step. Google the new wording, others got the same during their process going back a few years.

This is not a new resign. Afaik, this is a normal process and the site changes as you go through the process. They have just moved people to the next step. Google the new wording, others got the same during their process going back a few years.
It's not a full redesign, but they have laid the page out differently. Maybe the wording has changed too, but it's still not worth getting too excited for a small UI refresh.

So have watched every model y youtube posted, ordered those rimetrix wheel covers Via myus (holy smokes expensive), got the wall charger installed, have the main accessories ordered from Amazon, wife has lost all interest and is now doing the eye roll on my multiple daily delivery updates. AND still have at least a month to go !!! Need advice 😃

Has anyone else saw their 'Next Steps' change?

EDIT - apologies, my original message was based on a mis-read of the OP.

The message you're seeing is the same as for a Model Y Performance (not on a lease, which may explain why I've not previously seen the "drawing up contracts" message that you mentioned) that's not due for delivery for a million years.

So unfortunately I suspect that the new message you're seeing is not a strong indicator that you're a lot closer :(

Last edited:
So have watched every model y youtube posted, ordered those rimetrix wheel covers Via myus (holy smokes expensive), got the wall charger installed, have the main accessories ordered from Amazon, wife has lost all interest and is now doing the eye roll on my multiple daily delivery updates. AND still have at least a month to go !!! Need advice 😃
Have you seen my accessories list? 😉

• Funny
Reactions: WannabeOwner
Picked up the MY this morning, all good apart from air bubbles in the rear arch PPF. They all have that apparently 🙄

I notice that the demo cars don’t have this at all, and I’m not a big fan to be honest. Is this something that’s easily removed with a bit of heat? Looks like it’s already peeling up at the edges.