Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are a nightmare .... I once made a nasty mess of a friend's new black RR Sport due to such a snuggle.

I suppose the only way to avoid this less desirable aspect of a bucolic excursion is a full PPF.

That other rural irritation, the Sunday driver, can only be avoided by not being one.....

Our My3 delivered in February was fully PPF'd as we live in a rural idyll blemished by large Chelsea tractors and thick hedgerows. It has been a worthwhile investment but will need ongoing maintenance. In the 2+ months of driving we have picked up fine scratches on front bumper corners, both sides. Not something either my husband or myself were aware of but likely to be blackberry vines at low height. It will mean a panel replacement at the front, so as the chap at Wombat said - this is the start of an ongoing long relationship. The PPF gets checked once a year, but we are encouraged to drop in early - but maybe we just like to chat and we get to check out what lovely cars he has in that week - Ferrari Dino one week which was absolutely gorgeous (or is that sacrilegious on an EV forum)

Just a note for those considering wrapping - I would really double check what are getting out of it unless you are changing your car colour. Wrapping is not equivalent to PPF, but I am guessing you do know that (sucking eggs and all that).

Reactions: Wattsisname
Our My3 delivered in February was fully PPF'd as we live in a rural idyll blemished by large Chelsea tractors and thick hedgerows. It has been a worthwhile investment but will need ongoing maintenance. In the 2+ months of driving we have picked up fine scratches on front bumper corners, both sides. Not something either my husband or myself were aware of but likely to be blackberry vines at low height. It will mean a panel replacement at the front, so as the chap at Wombat said - this is the start of an ongoing long relationship. The PPF gets checked once a year, but we are encouraged to drop in early - but maybe we just like to chat and we get to check out what lovely cars he has in that week - Ferrari Dino one week which was absolutely gorgeous (or is that sacrilegious on an EV forum)

Just a note for those considering wrapping - I would really double check what are getting out of it unless you are changing your car colour. Wrapping is not equivalent to PPF, but I am guessing you do know that (sucking eggs and all that).
Thank you for that. Firstly, mention of the Dino could never be sacrilegious:).

Interesting that the PPF is only self healing from very light marking. Imagine if your M3 had been au natural:eek: for its blackberry vine encounter.
So, can I take that you would recommend Wombat for PPF?

....I have talked SWMBO out of a Pink wrap for the MY however I am sure I could find her a personal one at TK Max😊

My EDD is 15-30 June - when would you recommend I start arranging insurance? Can you buy insurance not knowing what the number plate is nor when you will get the car?
In addition, I’m hoping to put my own number plate on the car which is a HP business purchase - can this be done? Is it recommended to sort this only after getting the car?
Thanks in advance!

My EDD is 15-30 June - when would you recommend I start arranging insurance? Can you buy insurance not knowing what the number plate is nor when you will get the car?
In addition, I’m hoping to put my own number plate on the car which is a HP business purchase - can this be done? Is it recommended to sort this only after getting the car?
Thanks in advance!
You don't need the Reg to get a quote. Most quotes are valid for 28 days.

I can't speak to the number plate change issue.

Thanks in advance!
As far as I am aware Tesla will not deal with your number plate swap. You'll need to wait for the V5 in the post and then the swapping process is done online and is relatively instant and easy. It may make sense to ask Tesla to prepare an additional set of plates for you with your private registration so you have them on hand ready to go. Our M3 was collected in 2019 so much may have changed, but Tesla was happy to supply the extra plates for us.

Thanks in advance!

Contact your leaser to ask if you can change the number plate to private. I assume because you say HP it'll be owned by you outright so you'll be fine.

I always have private reg plates - it's a family bloodline thing - and typically you pick up your car and then register / buy your private number from DVLA.

Once you get your car you'll have to apply for transfer of reg plate and this process can take a few weeks like perhaps 2 weeks depending on processing time. It's all done online. Once you get the new V5C you can then put your new plates. Make sure you inform your insurer just before you put your new plates on!

Hope this helps

Reactions: Wattsisname
You don't need the Reg to get a quote. Most quotes are valid for 28 days.

I can't speak to the number plate change issue.
Thank you so much! I suppose getting a quote end of May/beginning of June time would be best based on this. Hopefully will have a bit more certainty of delivery date by then too 🤞🏼
As far as I am aware Tesla will not deal with your number plate swap. You'll need to wait for the V5 in the post and then the swapping process is done online and is relatively instant and easy. It may make sense to ask Tesla to prepare an additional set of plates for you with your private registration so you have them on hand ready to go. Our M3 was collected in 2019 so much may have changed, but Tesla was happy to supply the extra plates for us.
Thank you! I didn’t even consider Tesla might make the plates for me so worth asking them!
Contact your leaser to ask if you can change the number plate to private. I assume because you say HP it'll be owned by you outright so you'll be fine.

I always have private reg plates - it's a family bloodline thing - and typically you pick up your car and then register / buy your private number from DVLA.

Once you get your car you'll have to apply for transfer of reg plate and this process can take a few weeks like perhaps 2 weeks depending on processing time. It's all done online. Once you get the new V5C you can then put your new plates. Make sure you inform your insurer just before you put your new plates on!

Hope this helps
Thank you - this is great! At least I can get my car first then arrange the registration plate transfer. Good to know timescales too.

Hi all, recently joined the waiting for my MY club. Lots of really useful info here.

I am confused about one thing though. Reading about the delivery rotation makes sense about how and when they ship to the UK and keeping within the quarter.

So ignoring the Shanghai shutdown for a second, when I ordered, via OctopusEV, and for a few weeks after, Tesla advertised the EDD as July. But from what everyone says here, July is never a date they deliver, so why would they list that month?

TBF I’m not really expecting it until closer to September but just interested.

Reactions: WelshDriver
Hi all, recently joined the waiting for my MY club. Lots of really useful info here.

I am confused about one thing though. Reading about the delivery rotation makes sense about how and when they ship to the UK and keeping within the quarter.

So ignoring the Shanghai shutdown for a second, when I ordered, via OctopusEV, and for a few weeks after, Tesla advertised the EDD as July. But from what everyone says here, July is never a date they deliver, so why would they list that month?

TBF I’m not really expecting it until closer to September but just interested.
I'm keen to know the situation in regards to July delivery as that's what my lease company are now saying the car will be delivered....

Thank you for that. Firstly, mention of the Dino could never be sacrilegious:).

Interesting that the PPF is only self healing from very light marking. Imagine if your M3 had been au natural:eek: for its blackberry vine encounter.
So, can I take that you would recommend Wombat for PPF?

....I have talked SWMBO out of a Pink wrap for the MY however I am sure I could find her a personal one at TK Max😊
Well I don't know pink wrap hmm....

Yep Wombat are good people as well as good technicians so would definitely recommend them. If you call them please say hi from Bluebell 😉

Has anyone ordered in April with a website suggested date of September but now having an EDD in June? Don’t want to get overly excited so still thinking September!
Yes. Ordered 20-Apr when main site said Sept. Next day EDD was set to 11-30 June and this has held since.
Got a text, shows in the app. Just need to find £60k in the next month and for a car to actually arrive in the UK. Should be an exciting month.

Yes. Ordered 20-Apr when main site said Sept. Next day EDD was set to 11-30 June and this has held since.
Got a text, shows in the app. Just need to find £60k in the next month and for a car to actually arrive in the UK. Should be an exciting month.
Any idea what, if anything, it means if the EDD doesn’t appear in the app but it does appear in the account website?

I ordered 6th April. Website indicated July delivery before ordering. EDD was then 12-30th June. Got text last week saying June as well, but 3 days later the EDD is now August - September.
I ordered just yesterday, the EDD when ordering indicated September but as soon as I completed the docs, it came up on the app as 23-30 June. Let’s see how the next few weeks pan out.

Reactions: WelshDriver
Any idea what, if anything, it means if the EDD doesn’t appear in the app but it does appear in the account website?
Sorry no idea - for many of us it wasn’t in the app until a few days ago and now it is.

My app date reflects the main site date, which for me has always remained the same.
For the record my order is:
MYLR Blue/Black/20s/EAP cash with trade-in. 11-30 June EDD. Manchester collection.