Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
😅Brilliant! Lets hope that the 22 is not overoptimistic
I just did like they asked; Made sure payment was showing on my account (their system) as "paid in full" 7 days before. Once you've got a confirmed pick up/delivery date, you can work backwards from there. You should get a confirmed delivery date, then a VIN and Registration number (Think it was in that order). Just checked my old texts and I got the VIN and REG number about 2 weeks before picking it up. Don't worry, they'll let you know when you have the final invoice and its time to pay (It'll show in your account and if I remember correctly, you'll get a text or email as well saying you have "Tasks to do" !

I was going to pay in full in one payment, but when I called my bank to do it, there was a "mismatch" with the company name, so I held off (This is very common apparently with Tesla, and a bit unnerving if your are transferring £60k in one go 🥵 )

So instead, I sent them the "small change" (to round it to a whole number) of £180ish online myself and once it showed on my Tesla account (a day later) I made 4 payments of $15k, one a day, as that was my banks limit for FPS transfers online. Depends on your banks limit, it may be 10k, it may be 20k or something else.

It wasn't for any specific reason that I did this, only, that once the payment instruction was setup online and I knew the small change actually got to Tesla, it seemed quicker than waiting in a queue on the phone listening to "Greensleves" for 10 minutes, then having to read out all the details to them.

Tesla didn't ask for "proof of payment" at delivery time, or insurance, or the letter giving me authorisation to pick it up for my wife !
I guess it was all on their system. I think I just showed my driving licence. I wouldn't try to pay at the very last second, as some like to, why make your life more complicated? You'll only lose couple of pence in interest anyway. Hardly worth it.

Good luck, I hope your date holds firm.
The voice of experience.

What wheels? I’m on 19’s ordered after you but still have June dates. When did you fill in all your details and I don’t think they add you to the queue till all that is entered (I’ve heard some people waiting months without realising they needed to fill in payment, delivery etc).
19” Gemini - the only exception is is that I have a trade in . I have been told that trade in offer will only be confirmed with 4-8 weeks as trade-in is only valid for 2 months max.
Now EDD says Sept with no date range . Hope it’s going to change in June ( hope so )

19” Gemini - the only exception is is that I have a trade in . I have been told that trade in offer will only be confirmed with 4-8 weeks as trade-in is only valid for 2 months max.
Now EDD says Sept with no date range . Hope it’s going to change in June ( hope so )
Mine, and seemingly a lot of other peoples orders have moved from last week of June to original EDD in the past 24 hours. Either the ship has been postponed or the number of cars has dropped. Fingers crossed we hold our place in the queue and will get bumped forward once the next U.K. ship is scheduled.

Anyone else slightly concerned the build quality could drop with all the lockdowns and supply constraints? Could we end up with old tech?

"Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery"

I wonder if this is a "standard text" during the order process which is wide-open to mis-interpretation?

Could be Tesla-chaos in their backoffice software systems too ...

This happened to me last week and I was on June 24-30th, I paid them 18k. The car EDD then jumped to Sep

I suppose if you send them money they will bank it, rather than say "too early". They only ask that you quote the RN number on the payment (so it can be allocated automatically), and of course you have the RN number from the moment the order is confirmed

No final invoice. Just the booking one and order agreement

I had been assuming there was no request for money until final invoice was issued ... the final invoice has VIN number, so a specific vehicle is allocated - so only likely failure thereafter is some damage having occurred to the car. Clearly a number of cases where that hasn't been the case ... having to refund the money must be a PITA so surprised Tesla haven't tightened up on that (dreaming again ...)

As I understand it, there is time for a quick transfer when we have our collection date.

Invoice should be issued at least 7 days before collection, so should be "ample time". But following multiple incorrect invoices being issued, and credited, I have had/paid final invoice at 15:00 the day before 09:00 collection ...

For those paying 100% cash, it might be an idea to forewarn your bank nearer the time that you are making the transfer from online banking in case it is screened as suspicious and stopped.

Many banks seem to impose a payment limit - so the issue might be only being able to "send" £10K per day ... thus needing a week to actually pay for it in "instalments" :)

with proof of payment at the collection point

Worth taking with you, but you won't need it. Handover folk will just give you the keys. That is provided that your account is showing Status = Paid. If not (paying at 15:00 the day before, like me!), contact delivery_gb and make sure they are happy (i.e. provide them with proof of payment until they are happy). Then they will mark the car as "Handover permitted" (account still won't show "Paid" until that actually happens of course ...) ... and IME the handover folk still won't care, and will just give you the keys.

or the letter giving me authorisation to pick it up for my wife

Yeah, I've picked up for Wifee before and never been asked for anything other than driving licence. Same surname, but dunno if that is important.

I don't see any issue or ambiguity with the request to pay off your balance before delivery.
I don't think the imperative NOW is used.
It is simply explaining a step in the aquisition process.

It seems that, metaphorically speaking, our longest Tesla journey is its acquisition. Although, to be fair, it is currently no longer than that for the industry in general and much better than for some EVs.

However, we are not just waiting for a car, we are part of a paradigm shift.

I would like to hear of the ownership experience of sage Tesla early adopters such as @WannabeOwner who, after so many years, continues to advise and inform we Tesla acolytes.

Seems that the Model Y LR has now been increased by £1000? Not sure when it changed but just noticed.
1653038655521.png

I thought usually

@suresh.thomas@ i had my trade in offer in March which was accepted. It runs out end of this month.
I think you can defer your trade-in evaluation until 4 weeks before the delivery . This is what I have done, but not sure whether that have any specific advantage ( you need to resubmit the mileage at that point of time)
This was long due. UK is the only place the MYLR matched with M3LR . The Model Y was expensive in every other country. The M3LR is still £54990. I hope its not going to affect existing order (Although tesla can do this on the final invoice as per the agreement , but dont do normally unless the price hike is significant )

"..first time...."
This could mean more margin for the speculators who buy to sell at a premium.
They might argue that they shorten the waiting time for those who are willing to pay the premium.
But if they removed themselves from the equation, would it shorten the wait time?

Actually, they are probably far to few to make a difference. It is a practice that goes back decades to a time when a waiting list place could be transferred at will for a price.