Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Triumph Ace looking good!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190731-091016_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190731-091016_Chrome.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: dst87
Did you pay for satellite positioning, or is there a way to get that for free? I'd probably have a paid a couple quid for a month of access in the iOS app just because I'm curious, but 99p for 24 hours seemed a bit crazy.
www.marinetraffic.com
you get 7 day free trial so you just sign-up to the monthly realtime vessel tracking and then cancel straight away so you don't get charged. You will still keep the 7 days free

• Love
Reactions: dst87
Roughly 15th August. ETA will update once it passes through the Panama canal, but it's roughly three weeks from SF to Zeebrugge.

Deliveries due to start in the UK from the 25th August.
I guess that correlates... seems like they schedule deliveries around 10 days after the ships arrive, for a give or take 2 week period

Triumph Ace due to arrive on 2 Aug and deliveries scheduled for 12-25 Aug...

So there are several of us with 448*** VINs that have appeared in the last day or two. As I recall (but please correct me if I am wrong) this batch of VINs was issued on 12th July. Given that you need the VIN number to build a car (it is permanently fix to the car during building) it seems a bit unlikely that this bunch of cars were built in time to make it onto the Glovis Champion which left SFO in the early hours of 25th July. So at best they will be on the next boat (maybe the SFL Conductor if she is coming this way). This means that Tesla are now allocating VINs before the cars are loaded on boats, which seems to be a new system? Anyone with a VIN number from this series had a text or email with delivery date?

Roughly 15th August. ETA will update once it passes through the Panama canal, but it's roughly three weeks from SF to Zeebrugge.

Deliveries due to start in the UK from the 25th August.

Glovis Champion is scheduled for arrival at the Panama Canal on 2 August.

The Triumph Ace went through the PC on 22 July. Arriving Zebrugge on 2 August.
So that’s about 11 days transit time.

So depending on how long it takes at PC for Glovis Champion then 15 August is roughly right.

Anyone with a VIN number from this series had a text or email with delivery date?

I've got a 448xxx VIN in source code, and have been told by Tesla three times that I'll be getting my car in August.

First was when a gentleman from Amsterdam called to finalise finance details a couple of weeks back. He said it would be mid to late August. I have since called them on the 606 number on Monday and yesterday and both the gent and the lady that I spoke to said it would definitely be August, but none could confirm the VIN number.

Interesting to note that the gent I called said that the VIN's in source code are uploaded by a third party, but that I do also have a VIN allocated by Tesla on their system, hence why they are confident I'll get mine in August.

That leads me to believe that my car is on the Triumph Ace.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Mines a P3+ Black on Black, FSD