Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP AWD/Performance Coilover Impression and Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is everything I have from kw and the small box from mpp.. ripped the box apart too

Teflon shim is packed in the KW box. Check all the cushions, my was under one of the cushion.

Attachments

• 32B7678B-6EDB-497D-B775-B85BA857EB94.jpeg
    32B7678B-6EDB-497D-B775-B85BA857EB94.jpeg
    636.9 KB · Views: 252
This is everything I have from kw and the small box from mpp.. ripped the box apart too

You are missing apparently the stainless steel shims along with the Teflon and the big rubber rings which you won't use. Those three rings are all together so it makes sense that they were all emitted if any one of them was omitted. Make sure that you use the OEM top isolator on the front strut instead of the hard rubber ring that comes with the kit. My installer swapped that out for the hard rubber rings that are in the kit and the difference in ride is very noticeable. The OEM ring is much more effective at isolating the suspension from micro vibration and harshness especially on Sharp impacts. I would have thought they are roughly equivalent but they're not.

Auto wrecking yards in your area might be able to help you. The last time I was looking at stock suspension on eBay, it was fully assembled and quite expensive. Don't throw away your stock stuff, you can sell it for lots of money!
Barely anything shows up on car-part.com, so I doubt local offline junk yards would have anything on model3. Too few Teslas in my state as is. Any chance a friendly Tesla SC employee would be able to order some parts?

Barely anything shows up on car-part.com, so I doubt local offline junk yards would have anything on model3. Too few Teslas in my state as is. Any chance a friendly Tesla SC employee would be able to order some parts?

Tesla parts catalog does not show separate top hats. Lots of folks have thought of that as a way of simplifying particularly the front install. You could just assemble everything with a new top hat and then take the old assembly out and just store it in one piece as opposed to struggling with spring compressors at cetera. Unfortunately nobody has a separate top hat and the integrated assembly even used on eBay is impressively expensive and therefore not a cost-effective solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: MountainPass