Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk’s Greed exposed! Now that the Tesla demand has dropped and inventory is high; He dropped the prices considerably while still making a lots of 💰

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think if there was a gradual decrease in price rather than 20% in one day you would see less complaining. [...] It’s not like he is selling cars for the betterment of mankind
Rip the bandaid off, if they dropped $500 every two weeks like they went up people would be holding off for the bottom before buying and never sure if it actually arrived, the single price drop is precisely the most well communicated way to do it.

And if you are a US buyer and complaining, SHAME on you for not taking a hint from the Chinese buyers who were reported as showing up at Tesla there complaining that the price when down. They took the hit so you didn't have to. Did you really think the global recession isn't planning on coming here?

Elon has made money in the past, but is there ANYONE you can see that is doing MORE for mankind? Mary Barra perhaps? He find's areas that humans are NOT doing a good job at and he thinks about ways they could be improved and if he comes up with a good solution he tries to bring it to market for us all to benefit from.

Last edited:
They slowly increased prices over months time curbing demand except it didn’t. There was a time in 2022, that it would have taken until the end of 2023 to get one. Then lots started to cancel their order with the economy and loan rates…
With the reduced demand, they did 3 price cuts to get it back up… early December, mid to late and again now in January. We also all knew there was tax credit coming and the price point needed to be applicable.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
its not the dropping of the prices. its the fact that it was overinflated last year and they kept increasing to make more money (aka the greed). elon could have sold it at the same price it is now last year if they can drop the price down to this much in a month. if the goal was to have an affordable EV for everyone, why not cut profit margins up front? you can't honestly tell me that prices for making cars have dropped 20% from december into january.
He raised prices because Tesla couldn't keep up with demand (which was stretching to many months). Now that they have two new factories coming online, he feels that they can meet the demand that lower prices will create. They will still make money (and some have speculated that they could make even more money even with lower prices since they still will have healthy margins).

Reactions: 2022S-LR
Its funny how putting Musk in the title is the only thing that makes this look bad.

Try "Shareholder’s Greed exposed! Now that the Tesla demand has dropped and inventory is high; He dropped the prices considerably while still making a lots of $$$"

Or, ""Board or Director’s Greed exposed! Now that the Tesla demand has dropped and inventory is high; He dropped the prices considerably while still making a lots of $$$"

In either case, it'd just look like them doing their jobs.

If Elon really cared he would have used his own money instead of having people pay more towards the end of last year for the car. So greed is definitely there.
i-am-so-confused.gif

I notice that the OP user's status is banned where as for everyone else it shows Member or Active Member or Well known Member etc.

Did OP really get banned for posting his thoughts on this thread. While I don't necessarily agree with him, I don't think he's said anything that should get him banned!

Reactions: Happy Hippo
I notice that the OP user's status is banned where as for everyone else it shows Member or Active Member or Well known Member etc.

Did OP really get banned for posting his thoughts on this thread. While I don't necessarily agree with him, I don't think he's said anything that should get him banned!
They won't ban you for just being negative or that 210guy would have been banned too, but he's not. OP would have had to do something that breaks rules. Also he's probably on a vacation and not banned. It takes a couple strikes to actually get a ban hammer permanently.

Reactions: Yelobird
its not the dropping of the prices. its the fact that it was overinflated last year and they kept increasing to make more money (aka the greed). elon could have sold it at the same price it is now last year if they can drop the price down to this much in a month. if the goal was to have an affordable EV for everyone, why not cut profit margins up front? you can't honestly tell me that prices for making cars have dropped 20% from december into january.
Find me one US company with a 12 month demand that opted to reduce cost to be a nice guy lol. I know my company didn’t. No prices to make cars didn‘t drop 20% in one month that would be foolish to think. Won’t be everyones opinion but I personally see this move as brilliant! They and We knew that they had a Crazy high profit margin. They even stated (Musk) the Y is to expensive! By dropping this hammer they stuck it to the biased tax rules and in one broad stroke made all other Non Profitable EV manufacturer bend a knee. Dominate the market in a probable economy crisis with crazy finance rates and many like Lucid, Rivian, etc etc will more than likely be crushed under the weight.

The company has a fiduciary duty to its shareholders to generate as much profit as it can. If cars are selling quickly and it can't keep up with demand, it should raise prices. If the market changes such that it needs to cut prices to keep the production line going, then it should drop prices, but only when that happens.

Have people forgotten the empty showrooms in 2021? That was a clear indication that prices needed to go up. But if the market won't tolerate that pricing into 2023, fine, they can lower prices now.