Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a loaner P90DL for at least a week.

I had to open own door? Wtf? I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't open lol

So weird being this low.

And not having the panoramic windshield is a big deal! I feel like the roof is obstructing my view and I'm cramped :( I want my MX back

• Funny
Reactions: ModelX
Tesla limits my max speed to 129km/h and autopilot is limited to 119km/h.

This car seems so slow and cramped.
image.jpeg

Ours is at the SC for the second time with another huge list of issues. I hear the three beep thing randomly as well; not sure what it is. It's much quieter and doesn't seem to be coming from the same area as the other sounds the car makes.

You can definitely tell the upgrade in interior features of the X vs S after having an S loaner for a few days. Little things like adjustable height seat belts & headrests aren't there. The buzz the hatch makes before closing is very disruptive compared to other sounds as well.

You have a recent build.. is it serious why your model x is at the SC? I am supposed to get mine early October and i am really hopping tesla model x are being built better.
This is the list I presented to my SC (sorry it's not grammatically correct, they were rough notes in my phone):

Model X issues :

My hood is too high - there's too much space on the driver side

FWDs - sensing obstacles that aren't there.

Plastic coming off bottom (back passenger side)

Driver window issues
Window doesn't always go all the way up, or goes too far up passed the door
Window is choppy going up or down

Passenger window too tight? Leaves marks on my window

Wind noise from both windows
Driver window doesn't fully close - can feel air coming in and Is loud as f*ck! Was able to stick my finger outside!

latch Where trunk closes - getting worn

Driver door doesn't fully present itself / doesn't always open all the way, even if walking from behind the car. (Double tapping top of fob)

Slacker radio and tunein disappeared
Tune in is back! Slacker captcha error

Occasional rattle loud from between passenger fwd and trunk, sometimes sounds like a rattling can, other times like rattling glass

Can't connect to My car for summon - occasionally. Why?

Paint is coming off the inside of the hood

Passenger side back bumper is coming out

GPS is very laggy. Will tell me turn long after I've turned.

LTE singnal at max bars, still doesn't load my map

Ghosting windshield issue - can deal with it for now, but it's definitely an issue

Air conditioning sounds awfully loud.

Windshield wipers aren't fast enough!

If it is like the Model S, a 3 beep sound can occur when you are driving past a suspension raise location at a speed greater than that suspension setting allows (for S the High setting isn't allowed above 35mph, so if you drive by that location at 36 mph it will beep). Sometimes, but not always, there is a message on the instrument cluster that says "Selected height not allowed" or something to that effect.

• Informative
Reactions: SSD420
Aaaaargh!!!

I guess I deserve this for sleeping in late today. I picked up several voicemails that my Model X was ready and to pick it up after 430pm (eastern time) today.

I went to catch up on my emails of the day and saw my $0.00 invoice come through showing what they did and did not fix. Check.

Then I continued through my email (chronologically) and found a further email stating my car has to get my permission to send it to the body shop for some minor painting and it would delay my pickup by a few days. (paint is missing just barely inside my hood). Will be ready Thursday or Friday.

I called my SC just now, learned that without my response, they sent it to the body shop for the paint fix. So I'm like, "does that mean don't go away early for the weekend?" And he responded, "it SHOULD be ready by Friday, but if not over the weekend for sure. Monday or Tuesday at the latest." :mad:

:(I want my Model X back. I detest the Model S loaner they gave me. This is soooo frustrating. They should give me a free upgrade to the 100D for this!! :p - I know I'm dreaming. I just want Tesla to give an honest and accurate response just once!! Just once!

(@yz778 )

• Funny
Reactions: ModelX
Tomorrow morning my Model X is finally going to the SC for a bunch of issues I had reported including mysterious obstacles preventing my FWD's from, window issues, parts separating from the car, certain parts wearing way too quickly, feeling electric currents while sitting in the car charging, will mention the ghosting issue - which I can currently live with until they find a real fix as well..

Is there anything else that I should check today and tonight, before I go to the SC that I should report? Maybe something you're having an issue with that I may have missed.
Let me start out by saying I love Tesla, and I'm a stockholder.

After a couple months of owning XerXes, my MX, I have had numerous problems. My driver's door had serious issues and caused my car to be in service for almost the whole first month I owned it. You can check my previous posts on this issue. That was fixed, but now the door alignment is off.

My driver's side view mirror has stopped auto-folding. I have to roll down the window to push the mirror out so that I can see down the side of my car. This is HIGHLY unsafe. Another failure of over-engineering by Tesla, imho.

My windshield has AWFUl ghosting, that has only gotten worse the longer I've owned the car. The ghosting is now apparent during the day, and any sun reflection off of other cars is tripled and quadrupled now, and sometimes makes faint multiple images of cars appear.

My driver's door, and passenger's door to some degree, leaks air badly at the door seam, next to the point of the door handle. I can feel the air rushing out when the AC is on inside the car and my driver's door is shut. As you can guess, this causes loud road noise to leak into the cabin, exacerbated by higher speeds.

The passenger FWD senses obstacles that aren't there about 25% of the time.

And last but not least, after the repair to the major door problems, there is some kind of misalignment with my driver's windows, but it squeaks for about a half a second every time i open or shut the door as it auto-adjusts.

Let me start out by saying I love Tesla, and I'm a stockholder.

After a couple months of owning XerXes, my MX, I have had numerous problems. My driver's door had serious issues and caused my car to be in service for almost the whole first month I owned it. You can check my previous posts on this issue. That was fixed, but now the door alignment is off.

My driver's side view mirror has stopped auto-folding. I have to roll down the window to push the mirror out so that I can see down the side of my car. This is HIGHLY unsafe. Another failure of over-engineering by Tesla, imho.

My windshield has AWFUl ghosting, that has only gotten worse the longer I've owned the car. The ghosting is now apparent during the day, and any sun reflection off of other cars is tripled and quadrupled now, and sometimes makes faint multiple images of cars appear.

My driver's door, and passenger's door to some degree, leaks air badly at the door seam, next to the point of the door handle. I can feel the air rushing out when the AC is on inside the car and my driver's door is shut. As you can guess, this causes loud road noise to leak into the cabin, exacerbated by higher speeds.

The passenger FWD senses obstacles that aren't there about 25% of the time.

And last but not least, after the repair to the major door problems, there is some kind of misalignment with my driver's windows, but it squeaks for about a half a second every time i open or shut the door as it auto-adjusts.

:( To the issues you're having. But yes, I still love Tesla.

I find your claim that the ghosting is getting worse very interesting. I would have expected that the glass to remain stable after delivery, and if that is the case, then the ghosting may be worse because you're more focused on it.

If it is indeed getting worse in an unbiased way, then that would seem to indicate that the layers of glass/plastic are shifting relative to each other (either transversely or perpendicularly), which I find interesting if that is the case.

Anyway, it sounds like Tesla engineers are finally admitting that it's a problem and working on it. I expect that a solution is 3-6 months away.

Reactions: ohmman