Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR waiting room.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the vin 7SAY from houston today but the deliver is tomorrow so i have to get everything done by tomorrow. The problem is i live in New Mexico and picking up in El Paso, Texas. So they said the registration might be a problem. Will have to figure all of this out, does any body know why they wont let me register my tesla from New Mexico even though im picking up in Texas.

After months of waiting to take over a reservation from a friend; who ultimately decided to take delivery. i place my order in late May

My Order Spec:
MYLR
MSM Paint
Gemini Induction
Black
white interior
5 Seater
Hitch
No FSD

OD: 5/23/22
PD: 5/25/22
EDD: Nov 2022 - Feb 2023; Dec 2022 - Mar 2023
Got my first date range. Nov 20 - Jan 15

Dunno if the change in order did it or the end of Qtr. But i will take it over dec-march

Well i didnt get my delivery, Tesla messed up my profile and thought my home address was their Telsa facility in Texas. So i was not allowed to keep it even though i live 30 minutes away from the delivery. Now they said i will have to pick up in Colorado which is 10 hours away from me. It makes no sense how i cant pick up a tesla 30 minutes away from me. Also they said i would put back in the front of the line but my new EDD is Nov 5- Dec 15.

Well i didnt get my delivery, Tesla messed up my profile and thought my home address was their Telsa facility in Texas. So i was not allowed to keep it even though i live 30 minutes away from the delivery. Now they said i will have to pick up in Colorado which is 10 hours away from me. It makes no sense how i cant pick up a tesla 30 minutes away from me. Also they said i would put back in the front of the line but my new EDD is Nov 5- Dec 15.
WOW! that sounds ridiculous!!! Is this one of those weird Texas rules things?

WOW! that sounds ridiculous!!! Is this one of those weird Texas rules things?
Yup, so long story short i got a vin the 29th and i could only take delivery on the 30th. So i had a day to get all the paper work done and every person at Tesla i talked to said i could take delivery and switch my car registration after. Then 3 hours before my appointment a different SA told me i couldnt and they already giving it to the next person in line. Just sucks i got screwed over because their system messed up my order. Hopefully i still get mine in the next month or so dont want to wait until november.

Yup, so long story short i got a vin the 29th and i could only take delivery on the 30th. So i had a day to get all the paper work done and every person at Tesla i talked to said i could take delivery and switch my car registration after. Then 3 hours before my appointment a different SA told me i couldnt and they already giving it to the next person in line. Just sucks i got screwed over because their system messed up my order. Hopefully i still get mine in the next month or so dont want to wait until november.
That is bananas!!! Is there anyway to prove that you are going to be put back in the front of the line? I totally do not understand how something could be screwed up that bad. I am sorry to hear that!

That is bananas!!! Is there anyway to prove that you are going to be put back in the front of the line? I totally do not understand how something could be screwed up that bad. I am sorry to hear that!
Not that i know of but i have been keeping record of who ive been talking to for SA to have what they said written down. I also had one of my financial agents on that call where they said this, so i have another witness if they try to say they did not say this. But hopefully other people orders are going through and have smooth transactions.

Not that i know of but i have been keeping record of who ive been talking to for SA to have what they said written down. I also had one of my financial agents on that call where they said this, so i have another witness if they try to say they did not say this. But hopefully other people orders are going through and have smooth transactions.
I would call Tesla and ask if your account has been marked for a "priority request" as far as receiving a new VIN. I reserved a demo car from existing inventory for my FIL, thinking it was available for local pickup as that's what the listing said. Turned out the demo was incorrectly listed and was actually 3,000 miles away. Tesla acknowledged their F-up and had a priority request put in for my account, and alas, a week later they were able to find a new VIN for the FIL and take delivery.

Reactions: flacs1223
1 (2).jpg

Model Y Long Range

7 Seats

Tow Hitch

FSD

Red Paint

White and Black Interior

(EDD Jan 2023-April 2023)

Reactions: EVDeepDive
Changed my color from MSM to DBM which made my order an optioned order. EDD immediately went from Mar-June to Jan-Apr. Which is just what a brand new order would be for that config. Will see if it changes to a specific date range in the next few days. 🤞
EDD went to my first ever specific date range this morning. Got Nov 12 to Jan 7 for now.

FYI, I did my change myself via the edit-config URL and pricing on the edit page reflected a $600CAD increase in Delivery fee. However, on the email sent to me by Tesla after the change the actual order didn't have the $600 extra. So that was nice!!

Reactions: Weedblossom
Posted in another thread but in case that was the wrong one—
Hello! Newbie here, so I ordered my MYLR on 5/28. EDD says Jan-March, I will be living in Texas temporarily but have property in Arkansas and will be moving back so I want to register it there and due to the Texas laws they wont allow me to receive delivery there. Since there’s no center in Arkansas, it would go to Memphis. Anyone know of any issues in this?