Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR waiting room.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted in another thread but in case that was the wrong one—
Hello! Newbie here, so I ordered my MYLR on 5/28. EDD says Jan-March, I will be living in Texas temporarily but have property in Arkansas and will be moving back so I want to register it there and due to the Texas laws they wont allow me to receive delivery there. Since there’s no center in Arkansas, it would go to Memphis. Anyone know of any issues in this?
I live 30 minutes away from a Tesla center in West Texas, so i currently live in New Mexico. They put me for delivery in Texas because they thought my home address was their own Tesla Center. So when i got my Vin and was ready to pick up they canceled my order when they learned of this. So now i will have to drive 10 hours to Colorado to be able to pick up my Tesla when it comes in. So i say with the Texas thing, make sure you have a Texas home address you can use to get your vehicle registered and they also said they only allow insurance to be from Texas. If not i would avoid all of the hassle and get your delivery in Memphis. To be sure i would call Tesla to get a better answer, but i had talked to 4 different SA from there and they would all give me different answers with the Texas deliveries

I live 30 minutes away from a Tesla center in West Texas, so i currently live in New Mexico. They put me for delivery in Texas because they thought my home address was their own Tesla Center. So when i got my Vin and was ready to pick up they canceled my order when they learned of this. So now i will have to drive 10 hours to Colorado to be able to pick up my Tesla when it comes in. So i say with the Texas thing, make sure you have a Texas home address you can use to get your vehicle registered and they also said they only allow insurance to be from Texas. If not i would avoid all of the hassle and get your delivery in Memphis. To be sure i would call Tesla to get a better answer, but i had talked to 4 different SA from there and they would all give me different answers with the Texas deliveries
Thanks! I did end up calling and they said since I want to register it in Arkansas, the only thing they can do is it deliver it to Memphis and for me to go pick it up there. Guess I will have to just fly into Memphis and drive it to Texas

Well i didnt get my delivery, Tesla messed up my profile and thought my home address was their Telsa facility in Texas. So i was not allowed to keep it even though i live 30 minutes away from the delivery. Now they said i will have to pick up in Colorado which is 10 hours away from me. It makes no sense how i cant pick up a tesla 30 minutes away from me. Also they said i would put back in the front of the line but my new EDD is Nov 5- Dec 15.
This sucks and I can totally relate! Just to warn you “front of the line” doesn’t mean anything. I had a similar experience with my first delivery cancelled the day before scheduled. I was put on “front of the line” for over a month with no sign of a car. When my EDD got pushed to mid August I threatened to file consumer complaint. Not sure if it worked but I finally got through to a manager who found an available car in Austin that is acceptable to me. So don’t just wait, keep calling them to talk to a manager.

Reactions: flacs1223
This sucks and I can totally relate! Just to warn you “front of the line” doesn’t mean anything. I had a similar experience with my first delivery cancelled the day before scheduled. I was put on “front of the line” for over a month with no sign of a car. When my EDD got pushed to mid August I threatened to file consumer complaint. Not sure if it worked but I finally got through to a manager who found an available car in Austin that is acceptable to me. So don’t just wait, keep calling them to talk to a manager.
Yes, squeaky wheel definitely gets the oil in the case of Tesla. Or gets the electrons, whatever. Lol

Yeah i am giving them the 5 days they said it will take to get the first paper work done to see when my new date is. But after that i will problem do the same thing you did because i am not waiting a year to get the Tesla just because they messed up on their end.

-> cross-posting from the august thread to vent lol
well.

my EDD just changed for the first time since May to 9/1 - 10/6. (was previously 8/12 - 9/23)
for background, I ordered on 7/31/21.

I will say, i went from a 6-week to a 4-week window... but I can't help but still be absolutely LIVID to see the latter date teetering into Q4.

i'm so sad :( :(

-> cross-posting from the august thread to vent lol
well.

my EDD just changed for the first time since May to 9/1 - 10/6. (was previously 8/12 - 9/23)
for background, I ordered on 7/31/21.

I will say, i went from a 6-week to a 4-week window... but I can't help but still be absolutely LIVID to see the latter date teetering into Q4.

i'm so sad :( :(
It seems like the farther East you go, the longer the wait times in the US. Which is odd considering Austin is now ramping up MYLR's.

Reactions: FLTessie
Yeah it does seem like that is the case.

I really don't get it.

I keep getting consistently bumped quarter after quarter.. and i'm supposed to accept going from a 6-week to a 4-week EDD window as a 'good faith' gesture LOL.

They really need to give their customer service folks new scripts to read when i call, because hearing about 'chip shortages, supply chain issues, lack of white seats' is really getting old when I consistently see my config. getting pumped out in all directions for newer orders. i'm about to reserve a rivian R1T and see what gets here first.

And I’m getting very irritated that Tesla keeps bumping my EDD by months while filling orders placed well after mine for vehicles with a higher price tag. I don’t want a Performance model! Just build the damn cars in the order you sell them!

MYLR red/black 19s no no OD 11/10/21. EDD Sept 12- Oct 24

I really don't get it.

I keep getting consistently bumped quarter after quarter.. and i'm supposed to accept going from a 6-week to a 4-week EDD window as a 'good faith' gesture LOL.

They really need to give their customer service folks new scripts to read when i call, because hearing about 'chip shortages, supply chain issues, lack of white seats' is really getting old when I consistently see my config. getting pumped out in all directions for newer orders. i'm about to reserve a rivian R1T and see what gets here first.
I did not know there was a lack of white seats. I didn't even take that into consideration. I wonder if I switched to black it would speed it up.

So i talked to telsa again today about my delivery date and all they could say that the date i have on file Nov-Dec is the only thing they could tell me. And they are sorry for the inconvenience im going through. They said they are still going by my order and profile date which is BS because i know most of the Jan orders are being filled this quarter. Ill probably call every week to see how much is change and if they are doing anything to fix the problem they caused. If not i will have to wait a year to get my model y lr