Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Blue exterior black interior waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m starting to get super frustrated with Tesla. My EDD still says feb 5 - feb 19 with no VIN and here we are on Feb 6. The people on the phone say I should have had a VIN already and they suggest possibly calling the service center but they never pick up the phone. Plus the people through the text messages haven’t answered any of my texts since Thursday of last week. Don’t know what’s going on??

New Member, first Tesla...
OD: 1/18/23
Blue/Black/19in/Tow
EDD 1: Jan-Mar
EDD 2: 3/23-3/31
No VIN
Southern California
So TESLA originally wanted to deliver the car on Thursday 2/9... After many texts with the 510 number to switch to pickup, so I can look at the car before I hand over my check, I will be picking up the car on Saturday 2/11. I'll let you all know what the car looks like after I get it.

Reactions: FlymanX
I see a lot of folks preferring to pick up the car rather than have it delivered in order to inspect it. Is it a frequent occurrence that the car is defective in some way when it is delivered? Trying to determine whether I should do the same.

I see a lot of folks preferring to pick up the car rather than have it delivered in order to inspect it. Is it a frequent occurrence that the car is defective in some way when it is delivered? Trying to determine whether I should do the same.
It’s preferred to pick up so if needed you can reject it. If it’s delivered to you then you lose that option as it’s been delivered from my understanding

I don't know if I would say it is frequent, but there are enough instances of the cars needing work right away that I want the ability to either have the service center document the issues up front, or reject the car outright if necessary. I'm ok dealing with minor issues after taking delivery, but I don't want to deal with major issues if I can avoid it.

I ordered the same day as you. Got updated to Feb 5 - 19 a week ago and now they just changed it to Feb 6-19. Obviously the 6th is done now and still nothing. They haven’t answered any of my texts in 3 days either. So frustrating
Agreed, frustrating. I got a standard reply to my text:

The best and only ETA we can see for your order is the ETA you can review on your app. Delays and changes are possible, and we update this ETA to reflect any such adjustments to your vehicle's expected arrival.

Once a VIN is assigned you will receive a message, and be able to view it on the app.

There is nothing pending on your order that will impact the ETA. If you'd like to explore options available sooner you can check out tesla.com/inventory