Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR / MYP - March Order Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP Black/White interior
OD: 03/18
General EDD: March- April
Updated delivery window (03/26): April 10- May 08.
Today I received a call to see if I would pick up a vehicle the original buyer had canceled.
The pick-up is scheduled for Tomorrow afternoon (03/30).
VIN: 7SAYGDEF8PF7*****
Southern California.

Reactions: derriX
Just got the VIN and added to my insurance, now the app says I have to make final payment before I can take delivery, is that true? Based on googling, it looks like people encourage not paying until they see the car. Anyone has recent experience with that?

Just got the VIN and added to my insurance, now the app says I have to make final payment before I can take delivery, is that true? Based on googling, it looks like people encourage not paying until they see the car. Anyone has recent experience with that?
My experience -
I paid cash i.e., no financing. I mode of payment I chose was cashier's check because I didn't want to use Tesla's Plaid service. This caused some unnecessary delay. After I sorted it out with one of the Tesla advisor (don't know if they're called SAs), I was advised to email her a copy of the cashiers check. After which the delivery got expedited.

When we went for the pickup, the car was in the slot that was mentioned in the SMS message. We could see the car from outside but to access from inside we had to go see the service desk where we're asked to pay the cashier's check after which we had to accept the delivery in the app before getting access to the inside of the vehicle.

So my take is that there is no point in holding up the payment. One can always refuse to accept if there is a major issue with the vehicle. But that's my opinion.

Just wanted to be sure that you knew that Enhanced Auto Pilot is a software feature that can be enabled / purchased at any time via the app post purchase.
I chose to 1st try out the standard Autopilot before making the decision on the enhanced option and I'm glad I did that.
Hey there. I did. I noticed that subscribing to FSD is $99/m for having Enhanced Auto Pilot. I fully believe in the tech behind FSD and wouldn’t mind help contribute to its success.

MYP Black/White interior
OD: 03/18
General EDD: March- April
Updated delivery window (03/26): April 10- May 08.
Today I received a call to see if I would pick up a vehicle the original buyer had canceled.
The pick-up is scheduled for Tomorrow afternoon (03/30).
VIN: 7SAYGDEF8PF7*****
Southern California.
Picked up the vehicle this afternoon. Everything looks good! No manufacturing defects or weird gaps. The painting doesn’t look excellent though!

Reactions: derriX
My experience -
I paid cash i.e., no financing. I mode of payment I chose was cashier's check because I didn't want to use Tesla's Plaid service. This caused some unnecessary delay. After I sorted it out with one of the Tesla advisor (don't know if they're called SAs), I was advised to email her a copy of the cashiers check. After which the delivery got expedited.

When we went for the pickup, the car was in the slot that was mentioned in the SMS message. We could see the car from outside but to access from inside we had to go see the service desk where we're asked to pay the cashier's check after which we had to accept the delivery in the app before getting access to the inside of the vehicle.

So my take is that there is no point in holding up the payment. One can always refuse to accept if there is a major issue with the vehicle. But that's my opinion.

Thanks for the info. My Dad is having his Model Y delivered to my house for him to pick up late this afternoon. He is paying via cashier's check. I had my Dad make a copy of the check and print it out so I can have the delivery person sign and date that they received the check after we hand it over. Ordering and delivery process is a bit different than when I bought my 2018 Model 3 LEMR.