Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP - April/May OD July/September EDD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So got a text to schedule home delivery I booked it for the 19th since i live very close by to the dealership they will come home and deliver the car. Has anyone had a home delivery experience?

I believe i have time to inspect and report within 24 hours. If I accept the car or not but will clarify again with the SA. Few days before.

Od 5/9 myp black on black, fsd and no tow. @SWFL vin assigned on 8/3, vehicle enroute from factory.

It's a risk. How do you know Tesla won't increase prices again? Today Ford increased the price of the Lightning by 7k.. I wonder why.

Also you don't know how delivery times will be once it gets closer to 2023. Everybody will start ordering so they can get the car sooner while getting the tax credit(which may not even be the full amount depending on where parts are manufactured).
Well if it did (raise prices) that would make my car (in theory anyway) more valuable on the used market (also considering that used vehicles would get $4k on first sale) and considering its now (as a Performance) 2k more, there's close to wash in cost for a perspective buyer.
I might have to sell the car to the wife then....😉

So got a text to schedule home delivery I booked it for the 19th since i live very close by to the dealership they will come home and deliver the car. Has anyone had a home delivery experience?

I believe i have time to inspect and report within 24 hours. If I accept the car or not but will clarify again with the SA. Few days before.

Od 5/9 myp black on black, fsd and no tow. @SWFL vin assigned on 8/3, vehicle enroute from factory.
I’ve seen a few reported downsides:
- You’re generally rushed to accept delivery since the delivery person is in a rush to leave since their Uber is on the way.
- You’re more prone to accept, as compared to non-home delivery, since it’s already in your driveway.
- Some issues that could be usually taken care of immediately at the service center cant, for obvious reasons.

I'm so torn rn about the upcoming (probably anyway) EV tax credit....
Cancel and reorder? Or take delivery and order a new one?
Don't cancel. Switch the order to a base LR. A May order for base LR will have delivery well into 2023. Then in Jan switch back to MYP and unless Tesla changes how the system works you will get a VIN within a week or two as May MYP delivery dates will be long past.

Reactions: burtinboy
MYP BLK/BLK/no tow/no FSD

OD: 5.25.22

EDD 1: 7/29 - 9/9
EDD 2: 8/5 - 9/8
EDD 3: 8/18 - 9/15
EDD 4: 8/22 - 9/5 (updated 8/10)

our first two week window.....
Congrats on the two-week window. My ODD is the same as yours. I'm currently at an 8/15-9/12 EDD. Hopefully, my two-week window will appear soon. It would be great if the app would send a notification so you don't have to check manually.

My last update in here, picked up our red MYP yesterday and all looks well!

OD: 4/15 (originally MYLR7, MSM/Black, no tow, no FSD

EDD1: October-January

EDD2: December 7-February 1

Added FSD (no change to EDD)

7/21: switched to red MYP

7/24 EDD3: August 1-August 13

7/28: VIN received

7/29: Home Delivery scheduled for 8/13 (even though the car was scheduled to arrive at my local DC on 8/5) and FSD removed

8/9: was able to call and convince them to let me come pick it up early

Gonna enjoy spending the next few days learning all the ins and outs. Best of luck to anyone still waiting, and if you’ve got any questions, let me know.

Reactions: simba22
Its definitely about location.
Location is certainly a factor.
The other factor is there was a price increase on June 15th. Orders after that may be getting a priority bump . Tesla continues to do this in order to meet expected sales figures. Sure they still fulfill the older ones but there sure are lots of reports of later orders being fulfilled out of order that are paying a higher price than older orders. Of course with the never ending price increases this is a never ending game. Certainly orders before the March increases are going to get lower priority at EOQ. MYLR has gone up $7K since March. MYP up $6K.