Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From a function perspective, I think the regular link works as you'd want when there are unread messages. However, if there are no unread messages, I think that instead of taking the user to the first post in the thread, it should dump them at the last post in the thread.
As someone without any control over this, I agree. We complained about information density, but this filled it with noise. I would take your suggested setup in an instant. Or I'll just live with it since I'm getting what I paid for :) lol

Update: Page numbers now display on forum list without needing to hover.
@Gizmotoy
Ooo, many thanks. Seems so much better already.

The sticky pin shows to the right of the topic, close to the number of replies.
I mean, I realize that it IS possible to differentiate them, it's just not easy to do so. Having a tiny little pin icon over under the "Start Date" column (already a weird place for it) instead of in front of, or at least near, the thread title makes things a little tricky to determine at a glance.

Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 2.03.13 PM.png
Not sure if this was mentioned already, but I do miss the ability to hover over a thread in the New Posts list to see a snippet of the first post. I do love the new design and notifications next to the user avatar! Great upgrade!

It works for me.

• Funny
Reactions: MitchMitch and 1208
Would it be possible to have links (at least in the mobile version) open a new window/tab rather than opening in the current window/tab please?

CTRL+click the link will open in a new tab (same as with most other sites). As for mobile, I usually hold down my finger and wait for the option to open in a new tab. I could see that it would be nice to have that automatic on mobile...or a dedicated forum app.

Any chance of having threads with new posts in bold font and already read threads in normal font? This would make it much easier to differentiate threads with new posts at a glance, rather than having to look for the "go to first unread" text next to updated threads.

(Sorry, I haven't read through this entire thread to see if anyone else requested this.)

Reactions: MitchMitch
Oh no! That's even worse. Let me disable some features that may be blocking it.

UPDATE - I disabled my settings and don't see any change. Not sure what could be blocking this.

So I'm on a MS Surface and tried the Edge browser as well as IE and neither of them are allowing the pop-out to display. :(

• Funny
Reactions: 1208
Any chance of having threads with new posts in bold font and already read threads in normal font? This would make it much easier to differentiate threads with new posts at a glance, rather than having to look for the "go to first unread" text next to updated threads.

(Sorry, I haven't read through this entire thread to see if anyone else requested this.)

+1. Thinking about it this was one of the design choices that made the most sense to me (very useful) in vBulletin.

• Funny
CTRL+click the link will open in a new tab (same as with most other sites). As for mobile, I usually hold down my finger and wait for the option to open in a new tab. I could see that it would be nice to have that automatic on mobile...or a dedicated forum app.
Yeah, I'm familiar with working around that. Just a convenience request when I'm in a thread and it links to another. No biggie either way.

• Funny
I agree. I'm spending much, much less time here because the new site is unappealing. What I would give for them to revert back to the old design...that worked for us users.

100 percent correct. Without some type of reader it's sad that using the current system is horrible at least for me. Just doesn't make sense why they would Block a software that should be up to the end user if they want to use...security concerns or no concerns.

Trying to follow threads and replies and quickly see updated posts is so difficult now.

Just shocking at least for me.

• Funny
Oh no! That's even worse. Let me disable some features that may be blocking it.

UPDATE - I disabled my settings and don't see any change. Not sure what could be blocking this.

So I'm on a MS Surface and tried the Edge browser as well as IE and neither of them are allowing the pop-out to display. :(
Yesterday I would get a hover like Bonnie on my desktop using Safari. I haven't checked today.

• Funny
Could I ask for one more change? Yes, I do like the feedback icons under the posts, but could it be moved down on the same line as "Report"/"Quote"/"Replay"? My suggestion is to the left, almost next to the "Report", but leave some space so it is not to confusing.

... and there is some hints on some other improvements in the stylesheet thread. Like bold on threads with unread posts, and not on threads without, and drop the "Go to First Unread" link that it is a duplicate of the thread-title, and the boldness shows where there are unread posts. And smaller avatars...

I mean, I realize that it IS possible to differentiate them, it's just not easy to do so. Having a tiny little pin icon over under the "Start Date" column (already a weird place for it) instead of in front of, or at least near, the thread title makes things a little tricky to determine at a glance.
We'll consider at some point perhaps highlighting sticky threads in some unique color to make them stand out more.

• Funny
I do miss the ability to hover over a thread in the New Posts list to see a snippet of the first post.
Yeah so I'm guessing this is a browser compatibility issue. We'll see if we can help that somehow in the long term.

This is a good idea, we'll consider in due time.

Last edited:
  • Funny