Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple of issues that has been bothering me. On subscribed threads, I don't always get alert notifications from the bell in the upper right corner and it appears to be getting worse. I accidentally uploaded an image in General once and I continue to get alerts on that when I don't want it.

Couple of issues that has been bothering me. On subscribed threads, I don't always get alert notifications from the bell in the upper right corner and it appears to be getting worse. I accidentally uploaded an image in General once and I continue to get alerts on that when I don't want it.

I've noticed that it seems to be directly related to when you post. It seems that if you've posted recently, you'll get alerts (not all, because if it's a really active thread the site doesn't seem to be able to push out all the alerts to you). If you haven't recently posted then it just goes into your "watched threads" and "watched forum" listings.

I don't know definitively if this is the case, but just from what I have observed.

Correct meaning it is not something I am interested in then clearing the marking which is red stating new topics are waiting.

Doesn't the MARK FORUMS READ at the top of the page do what you want?

Screenshot 2016-07-06 19.48.28.png

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I've noticed that it seems to be directly related to when you post. It seems that if you've posted recently, you'll get alerts (not all, because if it's a really active thread the site doesn't seem to be able to push out all the alerts to you). If you haven't recently posted then it just goes into your "watched threads" and "watched forum" listings.

I don't know definitively if this is the case, but just from what I have observed.

I've noticed similar behavior. The catch-all verbiage "there may be more posts after this" certainly proves to be the case *without future notification whatsoever in (some percentage of) cases*.

Reactions: GoTslaGo
I've been mostly on Hiatus from this forum since the site change. To me, this forum version is still extremely painful and inefficient to use.
So without wasting a day of reading through this thread, have we determined any changes that a user could make on the user end to make the forum usable? Seriously, this change is like going from a very nice, usable, responsive Windows XP, to a train Wreck like Vista, 8 and Windows 10.

I'd like to be more active again, but what takes 5x longer to do now, fits less on my screen, the color scheme is painful. Not to be complaining, but my previous comments (from months ago) still ring true, this really should have been beta or had another 6 months to a year of refinement. Some major changes need to be made. Not saying go back to the old forum software, but at least refine it to make it use-able. It really is painful to use from my perspective, no matter on laptop, tablet or my big desktop monitor.

This recommendation is related to placing a new thread under the appropriate heading. Seems like there are a number of "Hall Monitors", whose primary goal seems to be whether a submitted thread is in the right place. So....I recommend a Search space in which the subject of a thread can be listed to determine the appropriate Thread Heading.

I've been noticing an odd glitch with logging into the site on both my desktop and IPad (with keyboard).

If I hit the "key" button on the upper right hand corner it brings up a window for my username and password. After I enter my username I hit "tab" to move to the password. However instead of staying in the pop up window, it tabs to the password line on the main-screen. I added arrows to show where the tab goes to:

LoginScreenTMC.jpg

Not a big deal, now that I know this happens. I just manually move the cursor into the appropriate password line. But I figured you all should know about it.

With the previous version of this forum, one could go to Advanced Search and select "show posts since my last visit" and also select "Model X forum" as a second criteria. The site would then return all threads from the Model X forum that had new posts since I last browsed teslamotorsclub.com (whether it was 5 days ago or 5 minutes ago).

Is this missing functionality still on the list to be added at some point? It's the feature from the previous forum that I miss the most.

I've been noticing an odd glitch with logging into the site on both my desktop and IPad (with keyboard).

If I hit the "key" button on the upper right hand corner it brings up a window for my username and password. After I enter my username I hit "tab" to move to the password. However instead of staying in the pop up window, it tabs to the password line on the main-screen. I added arrows to show where the tab goes to:

View attachment 185187

Not a big deal, now that I know this happens. I just manually move the cursor into the appropriate password line. But I figured you all should know about it.

Having typed your username, press tabs twice and it goes to the window password slot after the main screen.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo