Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't expect it to work 100% perfectly out of the box. It takes a bit of time for things to get cached, etc. The site is already working much faster now.

This is a much better platform moving forward. There will be a little pain during the transition, and a new UI to get used to, but I'm certain Doug and Danny made the right move.

Great Job Dough. Neat layout. Have to learn again to navigate around.

For what it's worth, I used the reputation system as a quick subconscious visual to determine whether a post was of quality or not. I'd like to see some sort of a reputation / score system added in the future.

Is there a way to show all new threads in specific forums? I had a bookmark that used vBulletin's What's New feature with a bunch of forums excluded, and that worked well for me. I tried selecting some forums to be watched, but haven't figured out how to show all new posts in just those forums just yet.

My complaints are as follows so far:

1) The top is taking up too much space. It shrinks after scrolling, but is there a reason we need the larger view on top? Effectively before I could read the top post without any scrolling, now I have to scroll to even read the first post.

The top also has unnecessary spacing too.

2) Would be nice to have an option to control font-sizes and spacing (which also works when logged out). It may look nice, don't get me wrong but it just gives me more scrolling to do.

3) I have a really widescreen monitor, 21:9 ratio. And now everything is centered with lots of whitespace on the left and right. Which again plays into needing to scroll more.

My opinion, and I will admit, I do not like change, however, the layout, and design of the site is now not only un-useable. On a 24" screen, I can barely see 1 1/2 posts, where as I could see 3+ before. And still have font at a comfortable size.
On top of that, the actual look is hideous. It is going the disgusting route that apple is going. I am going blind looking at the site in a well lit room, heaven forbid I load the site on the center screen at night in the car. I doubt I'll be able to see the road.

Second time in, now I see the blue dots. Agree with prior poster that these are hard to tap on iPad. I'm guessing nobody tested using an iPad!

The icon automatically set in bookmarks says "xenforo".

Please make the blue dot link a lot more prominent with a larger tap area.

Gentelmen: Please don't tell me you lost Tapatalk support !!

I really don't care about all the unnecessary white space and difficult to read light grey fonts foreground on white background.. just get me to back in Tapatalk.. please..