Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pick date confirmed for 10/25 at Springfield, it's getting there 🎉

How did it go!??! I go there on Saturday to get mine! I've been there to test drive before and it seemed like the SA staff was nice. Did they allow you whatever time you needed to inspect the car (whether on your own workflow or using that Github delivery checklist that's out there) and did the car turn out fine with minimal issues? Was it pretty much a "touchless" experience or did you have to go inside the bldg and sign anything or leave any deposits?

How did it go!??! I go there on Saturday to get mine! I've been there to test drive before and it seemed like the SA staff was nice. Did they allow you whatever time you needed to inspect the car (whether on your own workflow or using that Github delivery checklist that's out there) and did the car turn out fine with minimal issues? Was it pretty much a "touchless" experience or did you have to go inside the bldg and sign anything or leave any deposits?
Yes to all of the above, the pick up is touchless and you have all time you want to inspect the car. It was parked in line on side of the building. The car was for the most part good, I've scheduled a service appointment because I've noticed the lift gate needs minor alignment and the rear passenger side wheel well trim was a little off. Once you log into your account on the browser from your phone, accept delivery, go back on Tesla app and you will have full control access. Unlock the car, signed documents left on dashboard and drop it off in an assigned bin once you walk into the show room and you are all set you don't have to talk to anyone.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Trip McNealy
Did they reach out to you to schedule it? I've had my VIN since Thursday night with a 11/2 - 11/8 delivery date and haven't heard a thing from the princeton spot. Wondering if I should reach out to them or not.
Don't worry, Once it gets closer to the delivery date you will receive detailed texts messages and emails with step-by-step instructions.

Last edited:
Here she is 😊🤘🏽
20211025_134626.jpg

20211025_134645.jpg

Yes to all of the above, the pick up is touchless and you have all time you want to inspect the car. It was parked in line on side of the building. The car was for the most part good, I've scheduled a service appointment because I've noticed the lift gate needs minor alignment and the rear passenger side wheel well trim was a little off. Once you log into your account on the browser from your phone, accept delivery, go back on Tesla app and you will have full control access. Unlock the car, signed documents left on dashboard and drop it off in an assigned bin once you walk into the show room and you are all set you don't have to talk to anyone.
Ok good to know! Do you have to return to the SC for those adjustments or they will have Mobile Service come to your home to fix?

I hope this nor'easter nonsense goes away by the weekend and its not rainy for my delivery!

Ok good to know! Do you have to return to the SC for those adjustments or they will have Mobile Service come to your home to fix?

I hope this nor'easter nonsense goes away by the weekend and its not rainy for my delivery!
I've asked and I was instructed to create a service appointment right from the app, I will be taking the car back to SC in Springfield on Nov. 4th.

994AEE2E-E6A9-487F-8C20-CCEDBF52E3BC.jpeg
I dub thee the LR-21 Gyrfalcon. Picked up at Springfield SC; the skies cleared up a few hours today kindly enough to let me do a full inspection. The car was absolutely flawless with two VERY minor gap issues towards the rear - SA said to take pics and schedule service in the app and they will determine if the gaps are in tolerance or will warrant a fix.

Overall I am thrilled!

OD 7/26, MYLR, Blue/WH, 19”, EDD 11/01-11/21 No VIN yet. Pickup location: Cherry Hill,NJ,.

It is so annoying to know that my EDD again moved back to 12/13 to 12/31

EDD changes:

09/23-11/07

10/23-11/14

11/01-11/21

And now it is showing

12/13-12/31

This is so ridiculous..

Everyone has the same issue with their EDDs?

OD 7/26, MYLR, Blue/WH, 19”, EDD 11/01-11/21 No VIN yet. Pickup location: Cherry Hill,NJ,.

EDD changes:

09/23-11/07

10/23-11/14

11/01-11/21

And now it is showing

12/13-12/31

This is so ridiculous..

No, mines ready this Saturday and I ordered 7/31…but this could be a blessing in disguise for you with the upcoming tax rebate for 2022. My dilemma is if I put mine on hold now.

No, mines ready this Saturday and I ordered 7/31…but this could be a blessing in disguise for you with the upcoming tax rebate for 2022. My dilemma is if I put mine on hold now.
We thought like that waiting plan about a year ago.
Then the price started going up, faster. We ordered our MY.
The price went up more.
Lead times went up more.
Government programs for the car & the charger all resulted in nothing for us.
Waiting would lead to less fun and more dependence upon government. :mad:
End of discussion for our family. We are so glad we did not wait.

I noticed my EDD changed again this morning. Currently shows November 17 - November 27. Pickup location is Cherry Hill. I've seen others posting a similar timeframe, so count me in the club.
The Northeast is getting the shaft for supply distribution lately, for sure.

I am in Central PA, and when initially ordered I was picking up from Cherry Hill (near family) and it was 5-6 months, but in Pittsburgh (same distance to me, but I get to go to THE ZOO!), it cut about 6 weeks off of the EDD.

EDD changes:

09/23-11/07

10/23-11/14

11/01-11/21

And now it is showing

12/13-12/31

This is so ridiculous..

In one of the threads i noticed some one with similar timelines and cherry hill pickup location got their VIN on 11/04.