Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Navigation Maps for Europe Rolling Out 2021.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really odd thing tonight. I popped to the local farm shop which is a turning off my road.
My section of road is 60mph and drops to 50mph several hundred yards from the farm shop turning which is a 30mph.
on the return journey I pulled up to junction. Opposite, is another 30mph side road. Normally, car sees these and hangs on to 30 until it sees a 50 repeater On my road. Not this time. As I pulled out, it saw the 30’s, ignored them, switched to 60 and then correctly straight to 50.
not quite sure what to make of that, but I’m impressed and surprised that the 30 displayed on screen and was correctly ignored. Not sure where the brief 60 came from though! Is it new map or 4.18.3?

Really odd thing tonight. I popped to the local farm shop which is a turning off my road.
My section of road is 60mph and drops to 50mph several hundred yards from the farm shop turning which is a 30mph.
on the return journey I pulled up to junction. Opposite, is another 30mph side road. Normally, car sees these and hangs on to 30 until it sees a 50 repeater On my road. Not this time. As I pulled out, it saw the 30’s, ignored them, switched to 60 and then correctly straight to 50.
not quite sure what to make of that, but I’m impressed and surprised that the 30 displayed on screen and was correctly ignored. Not sure where the brief 60 came from though! Is it new map or 4.18.3?
I have a possible explanation....

My local farm shop is a building whereas yours is just a turning off a road. Presumably purchasing meat from that 'road turning' relies on road kill so the brief 60mph section could be Teslas' way of ensuring this is as quick and humane as possible?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Dilly and MrBadger
I have a possible explanation....

My local farm shop is a building whereas yours is just a turning off a road. Presumably purchasing meat from that turning relies on road kill so the brief 60mph section could be Teslas' way of ensuring this is as quick and humane as possible?

If it was Tesla's way of humanely dispatching road kill, it would ready to collect in 2 weeks, probably, end of the year definitely,

• Funny
Reactions: Dilly and Drew57
i'm getting 18.2 today and got the new map a week ago
Still no update here. Pinged Tesla Service via the app and got the below answer:

Hi, we have checked this and your maps are on the current latest version available for your Model 3. When a new map update is available this will be sent directly to your vehicle. As no appointment is currently required we will remove this from our calendar. Thank you. Tesla Brooklands

Very weird as I am still on 2019.20.
Is it because I don’t subscribe to premium connectivity (wouldn’t think so) or Tesla servers think this has been pushed to my car?

i challenged them but no reply…

Still no update here. Pinged Tesla Service via the app and got the below answer:

Hi, we have checked this and your maps are on the current latest version available for your Model 3. When a new map update is available this will be sent directly to your vehicle. As no appointment is currently required we will remove this from our calendar. Thank you. Tesla Brooklands

Is it because I don’t subscribe to premium connectivity (wouldn’t think so) or Tesla servers think this has been pushed to my car?

That is odd, i've only just re-subscribed to premium connectivity and my map was already at 2021.8

Reactions: rlasry1

You're assuming human eyes even looked at your message....

Reactions: rlasry1
I do wonder how Tesla deals with this. Speed limits are significantly less accurate than in my previous car, despite the mapping software seeming to be more up to date and responsive. Do other cars use a combo of historic data and reading the signs? Whereas Tesla tend to rely solely on historic data which can be wrong?