Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Octopus Switchers / Energy Crisis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on 30.6p octopus until March and just emailed to ask to renew at 39.8 until next august.

Might cost me £200 short term but save me way more for that last six months if I can avoid the October and January rises - could be 70-80p easily by the time I need to renew

Once you are on Octopus you can switch without penalty. My switch to new version Go happened the same afternoon as I clicked the button. If you sign up to one of the smart tariffs Go, IO etc you need to stick with it for 30 days before you can do a further switch.

Don’t you have to contact them to switch though from one go tariff to another? I couldn’t see anything online that let me do it

Waiting for a couple of these to come in stock somewhere:

A friend has this exact setup and he’s happy with it using Go.

I’ll eventually get solar panels once I can afford them!
Interested in how your friend is finding that 2.4kW discharge rate from each of those batteries, is it working for them or did they install parallel?

I’m on 30.6p octopus until March and just emailed to ask to renew at 39.8 until next august.

Might cost me £200 short term but save me way more for that last six months if I can avoid the October and January rises - could be 70-80p easily by the time I need to renew
I don’t follow? If you’re on 30.6p until March 2023 haven’t you already avoided the October 2022 and January 2023 rises with your current tariff?

Sorry if I’m being thick headed here!

I don’t follow? If you’re on 30.6p until March 2023 haven’t you already avoided the October 2022 and January 2023 rises with your current tariff?

He won’t miss the April increase as the deal expires in March so the price could be a lot higher then. So by renewing now fixed until Aug2023, you would save more money overall than if you stayed on the current deal.

Interested in how your friend is finding that 2.4kW discharge rate from each of those batteries, is it working for them or did they install parallel?
If you get the cable kit then you get parallel output from my admittedly limited understanding of all this. He (and I) live in a 3-bed semi so roughly 5kw is plenty for that size house from the data I’ve been capturing. He hasn’t mentioned any issues but I assume if there were issues they have been rare.

I’ll miss October and Jan but March/April might get me. So that might be Oct-60p/Jan 80p/Apr-£1! - so 10p/unit for 6 months is a price I’m willing to take (with a little solar taking the edge off hopefully), vs 50-60p/kwh for the following 6 months

Reactions: Utumno
Still no half hourly readings from my meter to enable them to switch me to go according to my account :( Hurry up Octopus, I need this fixed, lol!
Heh, same.
I guess we see tomorrow. Hoping they can do this on a bank hol. From my understanding when I called a day or two back, they need the readings to arrive from my previous supplier (I’ve given my own readings) before they can move me off variable.

Reactions: Fezza
I’ll miss October and Jan but March/April might get me. So that might be Oct-60p/Jan 80p/Apr-£1! - so 10p/unit for 6 months is a price I’m willing to take (with a little solar taking the edge off hopefully), vs 50-60p/kwh for the following 6 months
See now you’ve got me thinking about whether I should move to IO now again. But my brain wasn’t designed for this kind of maths :D

Same! All done and at a slightly cheaper day rate. View attachment 846137

Edit: day rate is 40p. The price shown as dynamic day rate must be an average of low and high.
37.65p is the standing charge. The per kWh rate is replace with the text “Dynamic unit rate” on go/io which is a bit confusing. Clicking the ? icons explains what each line is. Bit of a crap layout.

Reactions: MattM76
We've somehow got 3 live Octopus energy threads running so closing the least popular one, I may close one of the others.

This one is the most popular and while I know they have multiple tarrifs, I still feel we can consolidate down the threads due tot he massive overlap.

Apologies if that leaves posts that can't be replied to.

Reactions: _Dave_ and MattM76
Status
Not open for further replies.