Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tesla 70D owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am falling into these numbers as well, however..... I am jealous of all of you getting the nice round number of 215 at 90%. Me? 214! Humpf.

Ha, maybe bring up the battery some, charge up to 92% or so then lower back down to 90% and you'll see an increase of 90% being around 215? Worth an experiment... Or report back after you do a range 100% charge one day and switch back to 90% - curious to know if your number changes!

I am actually curious about something. Is there a rule of thumb on how often you should take it to 100% ? I do not plan to do it often but was wondering if there was a guideline.

As often as you need. You will need it only when taking trips where you're maxing out the range, so you won't stay long at 100% so it's not very damaging.

Best we could do was 238 not mad about that.
image.jpg

I am falling into these numbers as well, however..... I am jealous of all of you getting the nice round number of 215 at 90%. Me? 214! Humpf.

If it makes you feel any better, I have 215 miles when I walk up to the car, but by the time I coil up the charge cable in my garage and get in and get ready to drive, I'm already at 214. I'm sure I go from 215.1 to 214.9 during that time.

It has been rather hot and humid in NoVA (34 deg C/93 deg F, close to 70% rel. humidity today) that the A/C has been running really hard (have it set to 23 deg C/73 deg F inside). The blower fan on auto was not going down below 7. There was a lot of water pouring out from the evaporator and running from under the car. It lost about 8 miles (~2.5 kWh) just standing still and trying to cool down the car out in the sun. Should have parked it in a shade somewhere.

It has been rather hot and humid in NoVA (34 deg C/93 deg F, close to 70% rel. humidity today) that the A/C has been running really hard (have it set to 23 deg C/73 deg F inside). The blower fan on auto was not going down below 7. There was a lot of water pouring out from the evaporator and running from under the car. It lost about 8 miles (~2.5 kWh) just standing still and trying to cool down the car out in the sun. Should have parked it in a shade somewhere.

8 miles loss over? A 10 minute bathroom break or a three hour skipping spree?

The car sat in the sun all day on Thursday. I remotely started the climate control three times for about 10 minutes each as I was away and could not move the car. Keep in mind the 8 miles were just an estimate by the car charged at 90% showing 215 miles that dropped to 207. It is possible that it adjusted the guess-o-meter, taking into account the increased discharge rate, to show a lower range, and that the used energy was less. It is also possible that the A/C ran in addition to my remote commands to keep the battery cool.