Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Model S Has 2nd Triple Cam For Autopilot & Pedestrian Noise Unit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes can confirm its in the facelift wiring diagram ;)

But still no new part for camera, and facelift windscreen still show only mono cam. So I think this is something that will be added later.

On the Cleantechnica article this was posted:

"From the parts list it seems as though you would have to change the windshield as well because brackets and optics.
Time will show. :)"

So it looks like there are parts being listed? Thoughts?

I hope at least the wiring harness is there, even if the new camera is not. EyeQ4 is still to debut in production vehicles, as far as my research shows. WK057 work shows that there might be a way to swap a module without replacing the windshield.
Adding wiring is cheap. Just imagine the pre AP CPO fleet just being upgraded by plug-and-play. Let's assume 1000 cars x 10k bump in value, with negligible cost, that is 10M right there. Quite good for a company still on the way to turning a profit.
So if we have wiring for now, it would make sense for TSLA, since they are in control of software and features of the cars (apart from a few jailbrakers : ))).

Reactions: ZachShahan
Here is the first Model S 70 to be delivered in Portland. Windshield and camera look the same.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    518.6 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    557.4 KB · Views: 113
Who can get access to said catalog? Is it behind a pay wall or generally available?
In Massachusetts, you pay for a pass for that allows viewing for 24 hours. Not sure if it is the same in Europe. Posting pages from it may be a violation of copyright laws, but it may also fall under fair use (since it was posted for journalistic reasons and only that small diagram was posted).

I have no data to back this up - but think about this. The $1500 price increase for orders placed on 4/12 or after - sure it could fund the new front end/headlights, but if I was including new AP hardware, I'd need to recoup that cost somewhere...

Just something to think about.

I have no data to back this up - but think about this. The $1500 price increase for orders placed on 4/12 or after - sure it could fund the new front end/headlights, but if I was including new AP hardware, I'd need to recoup that cost somewhere...

Just something to think about.

You are already getting quite a bit for $1500 more. It was a modest increase considering lights, filter, front, and lower painted parts. Once they are installing the newer cams I doubt they cost more than $100 wholesale though, price to consumers will be the same $2500

Reactions: ZachShahan
Paramus NJ store had a P90D with the refreshed nose on their parking lot this morning, with a "Marketing" sticker on it (probably for test drive). VIN is 140613 so it *may* have come out of the line very recently and post-refresh. Quick inspection of the windshield camera did not show any meaningful difference vs pre-resfreh model, so we *may* not have new AP hardware yet...

Attachments

• IMG_6253.JPG
    IMG_6253.JPG
    527.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6252.JPG
    IMG_6252.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 98
Paramus NJ store had a P90D with the refreshed nose on their parking lot this morning, with a "Marketing" sticker on it (probably for test drive). VIN is 140613 so it *may* have come out of the line very recently and post-refresh. Quick inspection of the windshield camera did not show any meaningful difference vs pre-resfreh model, so we *may* not have new AP hardware yet...

No post-refresh orders have been delivered yet. (Orders placed after 4/12)