Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York/New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order placed - Feb 13, 2023
Model Y Long Range Dual Motor AWD
Solid Black Paint
20’’ Induction Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot

VIN Assigned - March 10, 2023
7SAYDEE2PF******
Estimated delivery - March 24-31
Pick up in Paramus
Sold 2015 MS P85D a couple weeks ago.

Just received the text /email about delivery.
Scheduled Delivery in Paramus for March 27 @11am

Giving an update although it may not be relevant to custom orders. My custom order still has no change since it was pushed into Apr-May.

OD 1/25, MYLR5 MSM/Black 19", NJ Delivery
EDD 1: Jan - Mar
EDD 2: Mar 12 - Mar 31
EDD 3: Apr 10 - May 22 (updated 2/14)
EDD 4: Apr 2 - May 7 (updated 2/22)
EDD 5: Apr 21 - May 26 (updated 3/19)

Found Inventory car on 3/20, getting it shipped ~50 miles to my local SC
Delivery Schedule text on 3/21 evening
Scheduled for 3/29 pickup!

Giving an update although it may not be relevant to custom orders. My custom order still has no change since it was pushed into Apr-May.

OD 1/25, MYLR5 MSM/Black 19", NJ Delivery
EDD 1: Jan - Mar
EDD 2: Mar 12 - Mar 31
EDD 3: Apr 10 - May 22 (updated 2/14)
EDD 4: Apr 2 - May 7 (updated 2/22)
EDD 5: Apr 21 - May 26 (updated 3/19)

Found Inventory car on 3/20, getting it shipped ~50 miles to my local SC
Delivery Schedule text on 3/21 evening
Scheduled for 3/29 pickup!
How did this process work? Was it a car that was in a different state? Did the order page of that car state it could only be registered in x,y,z?

How did this process work? Was it a car that was in a different state? Did the order page of that car state it could only be registered in x,y,z?

The car was in PA, but said it can't be registered to DE residents. (This restriction is really for the store, not the car specifically.) I called my local store after I placed the order and said I'd like it moved to their location and swapped onto my original reservation. Transport is taking a few days but no cost to me (usually free under 100 miles, sometimes 200 miles).

I filled out registration info & set delivery on the new order, but they will swap the car onto my original order for price match once it arrives at the destination store.

Reactions: T3SL4YP
The car was in PA, but said it can't be registered to DE residents. (This restriction is really for the store, not the car specifically.) I called my local store after I placed the order and said I'd like it moved to their location and swapped onto my original reservation. Transport is taking a few days but no cost to me (usually free under 100 miles, sometimes 200 miles).

I filled out registration info & set delivery on the new order, but they will swap the car onto my original order for price match once it arrives at the destination store.
Good to hear. Are you getting the NJ subsidy? If we are shipping a car from outside of NY/NJ say Florida, can we claim NJ State Subsidy of $2k? and where will the car be registered?

Just saw exactly the same model as my order (W/B/19) in the inventory (from my order page, you know "blue" button...) with +2k in the price. Why system doesn't match my order with something in the inventory? o_O

I have booked for 21/White/7 Seater at Springfield location and my delivery is scheduled for 31st, Now I am looking only for 5 seater, IF anyone interested let me know(Not sure how to change the registrant name and details in Tesla app, I am trying to find more info), I can transfer.

Picked up my inventory car on Saturday in Cherry Hill. Transport only took a couple of days, delivery was flawless. Big shout out to the staff at Cherry Hill.

36E7721C-9112-4ADC-AE21-ABF91D0CF1C8.jpeg

Reactions: tulip and T3SL4YP
Picked it up today at the Paramus location.

They tried to tell me that I can inspect the outside of the car no problem, but I was not allowed to inspect the inside without giving them the check and accepting delivery. I told them that wasn't happening and threatened to walk away. I was then told I could, but he would just unlock the car and take the keys with him and walk away while I did it. Crazy.

Anyway, car was perfect. No panel gap issues at all. The front passenger seat had a little dirt from someone sitting in it. No big deal. Accepted delivery and that was that.

Here she is. I think I'm going to call her Oreo. Since she's black and white.

20230327_134017.jpg

Reactions: tulip and Amolpurav
Picked it up today at the Paramus location.

They tried to tell me that I can inspect the outside of the car no problem, but I was not allowed to inspect the inside without giving them the check and accepting delivery. I told them that wasn't happening and threatened to walk away. I was then told I could, but he would just unlock the car and take the keys with him and walk away while I did it. Crazy.

Anyway, car was perfect. No panel gap issues at all. The front passenger seat had a little dirt from someone sitting in it. No big deal. Accepted delivery and that was that.

Here she is. I think I'm going to call her Oreo. Since she's black and white.

View attachment 921880
Crazy the difference between locations. I went inside to get checked in and she said she offered to unlock it without me asking. I sent the Plaid payment from the front seat, accepted delivery, and left.