Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first reaction to this - It really sucks for the P90DL folks who paid $10K for ludicrous but have a car that (for whatever reason) can't benefit from this upgrade. Also all of the early cars 90 or 85 with ludicrous take a hit on value. Speed freaks want the most speed not just some speed. Yet another example of why I'd by the 90D if I was buying today.

It's funny that when they said that the P85DL would be exactly equivalent in performance to the P90DL that what they really meant is that the P90DL wouldn't be equivalent to the P90DL either ;)

Reactions: Andyw2100
I have a refresh P90DL. I can't log higher than 454kW. 90%. Max battery on or off.

OK, this is getting strange.

When you had max battery on, did it say ready? Nobody has seen the same max power with max battery off and max battery on and in ready.

When you had it off, had you just supercharged?

What you had it on, did you wait for it to say ready or at least 5 minutes until ready?

Is tesla testing different versions of the batteries in the same cars? Is it a feature switch that they can turn on and off? i.e. enable plaid mode and only available after a certain firmware version? i.e. newer cars with the newer firmware may or may not have the extra power depending on some internal setting.

Now I'm starting to think the video several months back claiming the P90DL had more power when you entered a secret password might be true.

It's funny that when they said that the P85DL would be exactly equivalent in performance to the P90DL that what they really meant is that the P90DL wouldn't be equivalent to the P90DL either ;)

When you had max battery on, did it say ready? Nobody has seen the same max power with max battery off and max battery on and in ready.

What you had it on, did you wait for it to say ready or at least 5 minutes until ready?

Is tesla testing different versions of the batteries in the same cars? Is it a feature switch that they can turn on and off? i.e. enable plaid mode and only available after a certain firmware version? i.e. newer cars with the newer firmware may or may not have the extra power depending on some internal setting.

Now I'm starting to think the video several months back claiming the P90DL had more power when you entered a secret password might be true.

I don't know what it is, but somethings not adding up.

Even without max battery he should have been around 472KW or so looking at the original reply from St Charles and from Old Man Mike.

Read my post #242 click to expand the quote and his original message can be seen.

Take a look at shotguns post #161.

Had not supercharged. Max battery power was ready. No change in measured power from PowerTools. Sad

First time poster but long term Model S owner, just taken delivery of a model S P90DL refresh, built early May 2016. 451Kw logged in Power tools at 85% SOC Max battery had 5 minutes left to ready (ran out of time, will charge to 100% and max bat tomorrow). Battery part number is 1056776-00-E (image attached). Just wanted to add some more data to the thread. Not seen this battery number listed before?

Attachments

• 2016-06-23 16.53.33.jpg
    2016-06-23 16.53.33.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 57
Maybe they were using a new battery for a month or two and then discovered some issue and had to switch back to the previous chemistry?

I think you're giving Tesla too much credit. It could just be that the poster above somewhat randomly got one of the older sets of hardware, for some unknown reason, during the time that many others were getting the newer hardware.

I say that based on the fact that Tesla has repeatedly shown a pretty brazen disregard for this kind of thing, and doesn't really seem to expect us to figure out what is going on, or seem to care if we do figure out what is going on. What I'm saying is, assuming Tesla did start using different hardware at some point, is that they would not necessarily be concerned with making sure that every build after some date got the new hardware. I just don't believe that would be a concern for Tesla, especially since they are unlikely to make a big deal about this. What can they say? "Congrats to everyone who has a P90DL built after May 1, 2016--your cars meet the original specs. All other P90DL buyers--whoops! Our bad."

I've been trying to measure my late 2014 P85DL build and I've noticed a few weird things in how the PowerTools data is displayed. Are others seeing something similar?

In the image below, the yellow highlighted lines show a date anomaly and the green highlighted lines show an incorrect sort order.

PowerTools Plot.jpg

Attachments

• PowerTools Plot.jpg
    PowerTools Plot.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 47
I've been trying to measure my late 2014 P85DL build and I've noticed a few weird things in how the PowerTools data is displayed. Are others seeing something similar?

In the image below, the yellow highlighted lines show a date anomaly and the green highlighted lines show an incorrect sort order.

View attachment 182297
Hey Ben,

that is more than likely a time glitch. Ubuntu is based on Unix which has a time Epoch that starts on Dec 31 1969 at midnight GMT. I believe the Time epoch counts seconds in order from that date. I'm certain that there are others on this forum who know better about it but you can get the gyst of what i'm referring to here: Why Does My Gadget Say It's December 31, 1969?

• Informative
Reactions: benjiejr
Andy, it sounds more like "congrats if you bought a car in the short window", as we now have two examples of a recent P90DL that is only hitting ~450kW

And broadly it seems that we have three different variants of P90DLs

1. Early build, early battery 452ish power.

2. Late build, new battery, 500ish power.

3. Late build, late battery??, 452ish power.

Last edited:

View attachment 182297

I saw the same thing with mine and agree with St Charles.

Status
Not open for further replies.