Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are comparing / mixing old battery vs new battery like it was linked to pano alone where there was a 50+kw gain in that also.
To clarify, there is no 50+kW gain that happened between the 11.05 and 10.80 times. They are both v2 batteries with the only apparent difference between the two being pano and no pano (plus different drivers).

The 50+kW gain happened between v1 (11.220) and v2 (11.055). Basically if the main factor between St Charles' time and TRC's time was pano vs no pano, I would expect the below:

P90DL v1 with pano: 11.220 (lagomorph)
P90DL v1 without pano: 10.969 (extrapolated)
P90DL v2 with pano: 11.055 (St. Charles)
P90DL v2 without pano: 10.804 (TRC)

Last edited:
Reactions: bhzmark
To clarify, is no 50+kW gain that happened between the 11.05 and 10.80 times. They are both v2 batteries with the only apparent difference between the two being pano and no pano (plus different drivers).

The 50+kW gain happened between v1 (11.220) and v2 (11.055). Basically if the main factor betwen St Charles' time and TRC's time was pano vs no pano, I would expect the below:

P90DL v1 without pano: 10.969 (extrapolated)
P90DL v2 with pano: 11.055 (St. Charles)
How are you sure it's just v1 and v2. I thought I saw 2 different pack part numbers screenshots since the original P90DL part number. Also St Charles has a newer battery but pre refresh if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: St Charles
This thread gets more entertaining all the time. Thanks to the spread sheet on various batteries and their implementation I was finally able to pin some one down at the factory as to why I'm still waiting for my upgrade. It needs special connectors and there are only four (!) of us with said battery who want an upgrade in the US. I'm guessing the four f us are not high priority :(

What battery is in your P85D? My 2015 P85D battery label shows part number 1031043-00-E serial number T15B00721XX

• Informative
Reactions: CraZ8
The person you linked was zhur0002 who got 11.128. I'm taking Lagomorph which has his car listed as a 2015 model and got 11.220.
Fast Tesla Model-Ss 1/4 Mile 0-60 Drag Racing - DragTimes.com

I don't know if you included it, but what makes that 11.220 even more interesting in that V2 car, is that the quickest P85DL, also with pano roof ran 11.224.

The reason why I bring this up is because you mentioned earlier:

Are we sure any results from P85D are applicable to P90DL (given the different pack and likely also other differences given the older model)?

Also, so far we have:
P90DL v2 with pano: 11.050 (St. Charles)

The owner of the P85DL with the 11.224 has posted up a recent 1/8 mile time consistent with lagomorph's 1/8 time on his 11.220 slip.

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

Last edited:
There have been plenty of CANBUS charts posted of both P85DLs and P90DLV1s.

Oh man, @sorka and I are on the same side of an argument. I'm not sure how I feel about that :p

@TIppy These datalogs do exist and the voltage/amperage concepts are pretty well vetted. It's all somewhere on this forum. I went searching for a bit this morning but could not find a consolidated source for you. it's possible that @lolachampcar may have these or have access to them. Perhaps he'll chime in here.

Yup, and he got his this month in August and ran a time considerably faster than any previous V2 car. Maybe it's because he's a jocky with no pano and maybe that's not the reason. I'd guess there's a good chance that's the reason but I want to see the power logged on a 10.8 second P90DL.

Something I would like to do is meet up with TRC and pit my car against his, with accompanying datalogs for both. I can't seem to get in contact with him beyond a sparse email here and there. I also want to try a different track as Mason Dixon is not optimal for ET hunting. (i.e. I have to drive through the waterbox every time, suboptimal traction scenarios etc.)

Maybe this is something that @fiksegts would be willing to help set up.

• Funny
Reactions: sorka
Something I would like to do is meet up with TRC and pit my car against his, with accompanying datalogs for both.

I think if you do get to pit the two cars side by side it would be really informative if you swapped drivers once. I know that means you would both have to be comfortable letting someone else drag race your car, which might not be an easy thing to be comfortable with. But that would give us a real good indicator of what difference the weight of the driver does, or does not, make.

How are you sure it's just v1 and v2. I thought I saw 2 different pack part numbers screenshots since the original P90DL part number. Also St Charles has a newer battery but pre refresh if I'm not mistaken.
No, I'm not sure about that. That's why we need more data and why I said "if". Someone who has the time and more direct involvement can perhaps dig through all the battery version numbers and recorded data logs and see the differences. But the fact remains we have no data on a P90DL v1 without pano (except the Motor Trend numbers which no one here trusts).

It would be useful if everyone who hit the track also stopped at the scales w and w/o driver and logged the data on dragtimes.

And I've never asked or seen it done, but will tracks let you take a passenger ? -- with a helmet? Doing a few of those with and without a passenger of known weight would give datapoints on the weight effect on ET.

@TIppy These datalogs do exist and the voltage/amperage concepts are pretty well vetted. It's all somewhere on this forum. I went searching for a bit this morning but could not find a consolidated source for you. it's possible that

I've only been involved with this for a couple weeks and haven't been exposed to all the data that's obviously been flying around for a long time. But I think I'm beginning to see why the early P90DL people might be pissed.

Thanks for looking for the logs. I've been digging, too. I'd still like to see them. It's not that I don't believe you all. Trust but verify.

• Love
Reactions: sorka and msnow
typically not, no passengers.... when I rent the track they will let it slide though.... I will have digital vehicle scales at the event in November....

It would be useful if everyone who hit the track also stopped at the scales w and w/o driver and logged the data on dragtimes.

And I've never asked or seen it done, but will tracks let you take a passenger ? -- with a helmet? Doing a few of those with and without a passenger of known weight would give datapoints on the weight effect on ET.

Presumably but we have no data. I've asked the guy repeatedly in his youtube videos to use PowerTools to log the KW and so far he hasn't. He *Just* got his car. I'm not so certain that this isn't a V3 battery that we don't know about yet given this time is far far better than the other V2 times.
On the video uploaded on Aug 7, he says this is the third weekend in a row we've taken these cars to the drag strip. The video posted on July 25 is about them picking up there new refreshed P90DL, and he mentions that his dad is driving the P85DL. I know it's only circumstantial, but I think that's what he means in the Aug 7th video when he says, "these cars." You'd think he'd mention if this was the first time he's had the new car at the track. I know it's not absolutely, 100% sure, but I think the car is 1600 amp and 500Kw.

Have you had other communication with him where he's specifically mentioned the delivery date of the car?

Last edited:
On the video uploaded on Aug 7, he says this is the third weekend in a row we've taken these cars to the drag strip. You'd think he'd mention if this was the first time he's had the new car at the track.
Have you had other communication with him where he's specifically mentioned the delivery date of the car?

TRC videos are a bit like a vlog. He posts when he has something he thinks is interesting. He's been known to combine several events to one video, or makes several videos of a single event.

Status
Not open for further replies.