TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Non-owner config invites have begun!

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by PoitNarf, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Napboy

Napboy Member

There were hundreds of people ahead of me and I have no idea whether they all got invites. If they’re basing invites on the the number of vehicles they can deliver in San Diego, that would be a lot.

2. SoCalMom

SoCalMom Member

I got the call from my ISA within 24 hours of configuring. As someone mentioned in another thread, take the (725) xxx-xxxxx call!!! I stepped away from my desk for 5 mins to get coffee and came back to a 725 missed call. I was so sad. Luckily she emailed me and I called her back.

• Informative x 1
  3. Marsnaut

Marsnaut Member

What is the call usually about? I would guess scheduling delivery but that is a quick turnaround within 24 hours of delivery.

4. SoCalMom

SoCalMom Member

It was within 24 hours of when I submitted my configuration (which is when I submitted the second deposit payment of $2,500). For me, it was just a quick introductory call. I had already uploaded and/or filled in most of the information (copy of drivers license, insurance info, etc) online. The only thing I have left is the financing part. She said if I choose to go through Tesla financing we would start that process later since the rates are only good for 30 days.

5. Shygar

Shygar Member

Probably around 40 or 50. Once the doors opened they had like 10 terminals setup and were getting people in quickly.

6. Foxhound199

Foxhound199 Member

How do you upload your insurance for the car if you don't even know when you are getting the car?

7. Need

Need Active Member

They just need a copy of your current insurance of your current car, so they can let you drive the M3 off their shop.

8. Devanish

Devanish Member

That is what I'm hoping -10:55ish for me in Northern VA.

9. smak

smak Member

Are you financing through Tesla and/or trading in your car through Tesla?

• Like x 1
  10. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

Neither.

RT

11. smak

smak Member

The absolute worst part of this period right now, is I have to answer every strange number on my cell phone thinking it could be Tesla.

• Like x 6
    • Funny x 5
    • Helpful x 1
  12. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

Seems like batch invites this month have been extended about every 2 weeks. With 2/22 being the last one that would make the Week of March 5 around the next timeframe. Fits in with people being given a March - x delivery date too.

13. rosh

rosh Member

Wasn't there a batch on the 14th or 15?

14. N8Howell33

N8Howell33 Member

Yes I was invited and configured on 2/14/18

15. Nurkbonis

Nurkbonis Member

Yep, I think they were clearing out the last batch of owners who had not been invited yet.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  16. Shygar

Shygar Member

#136 Shygar, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    I can configure today :). Non-owner (cept for powerwall), line waiter in Palo Alto, CA. I doubt it made a difference, but instead of just refreshing the screen I logged out for most of the morning. Checked back in the afternoon and it was ready to configure. Probably a coincidence.

Edit: I just realized it's 4 years to the day that I took a tour of the Fremont factory. Also probably a coincidence :)

• Like x 4
  17. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

Still nada here.

18. Nurkbonis

Nurkbonis Member

Interesting, when is the last time you checked to see if you could configure? I wonder if they are slowly inviting more based on deferrals from the last batch. Here's an odd one... this guy is a non-owner who ordered on the website before the webcast.

• Disagree x 1
  19. GoneCrazy

GoneCrazy Member

When was the last time you logged out? Chance your session has been open since last week's invites went out?

20. Shygar

Shygar Member

Possibly yea. I checked this morning from my phone, probably around 8am PST. I looked again from my computer around maybe 10am, still nothing. Just checked now around 2:30pm PST and it was available. I had logged out at 10am after checking.