Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owner config invites have begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well now I'm thinking there's another element involved with invitations, if you got invited and others who reserved chronologically before you (and are in the same state) did not. We will probably never know.
There were hundreds of people ahead of me and I have no idea whether they all got invites. If they’re basing invites on the the number of vehicles they can deliver in San Diego, that would be a lot.

Configured 2-22, just received an e-mail from my "Inside Sales Advisor" in Las Vegas. Caliing her back right now.

RT

I got the call from my ISA within 24 hours of configuring. As someone mentioned in another thread, take the (725) xxx-xxxxx call!!! I stepped away from my desk for 5 mins to get coffee and came back to a 725 missed call. I was so sad. Luckily she emailed me and I called her back.

• Informative
Reactions: UZJedi
I got the call from my ISA within 24 hours of configuring. As someone mentioned in another thread, take the (725) xxx-xxxxx call!!! I stepped away from my desk for 5 mins to get coffee and came back to a 725 missed call. I was so sad. Luckily she emailed me and I called her back.

What is the call usually about? I would guess scheduling delivery but that is a quick turnaround within 24 hours of delivery.

What is the call usually about? I would guess scheduling delivery but that is a quick turnaround within 24 hours of delivery.

It was within 24 hours of when I submitted my configuration (which is when I submitted the second deposit payment of $2,500). For me, it was just a quick introductory call. I had already uploaded and/or filled in most of the information (copy of drivers license, insurance info, etc) online. The only thing I have left is the financing part. She said if I choose to go through Tesla financing we would start that process later since the rates are only good for 30 days.

It was within 24 hours of when I submitted my configuration (which is when I submitted the second deposit payment of $2,500). For me, it was just a quick introductory call. I had already uploaded and/or filled in most of the information (copy of drivers license, insurance info, etc) online. The only thing I have left is the financing part. She said if I choose to go through Tesla financing we would start that process later since the rates are only good for 30 days.
How do you upload your insurance for the car if you don't even know when you are getting the car?

I can configure today :). Non-owner (cept for powerwall), line waiter in Palo Alto, CA. I doubt it made a difference, but instead of just refreshing the screen I logged out for most of the morning. Checked back in the afternoon and it was ready to configure. Probably a coincidence.

Edit: I just realized it's 4 years to the day that I took a tour of the Fremont factory. Also probably a coincidence :)

Last edited:
Interesting, when is the last time you checked to see if you could configure? I wonder if they are slowly inviting more based on deferrals from the last batch. Here's an odd one... this guy is a non-owner who ordered on the website before the webcast.

I can configure today :). Non-owner (cept for powerwall), line waiter in Palo Alto, CA. I doubt it made a difference, but instead of just refreshing the screen I logged out for most of the morning. Checked back in the afternoon and it was ready to configure. Probably a coincidence.

• Disagree
Reactions: lupend88

Edit: I just realized it's 4 years to the day that I took a tour of the Fremont factory. Also probably a coincidence :)

When was the last time you logged out? Chance your session has been open since last week's invites went out?