Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will be interesting to see how long after you got your VIN that you receive the car.
I talked to SA yesterday and they told me that the exact tentative date, assuming transport from Fremont goes as planned, is the 25th. The car was "born" the day the VIN was assigned, on the 13th. I've got a good feeling delivery's gonna be during the current EDD of 7/21-27, but we'll see — I'll of course let y'all know.

Reactions: LoneStarEve
Probably not the right thread for this question but seeing that we all live in the great state of Texas - wondered if you plan on abiding by the law and placing a front license plate on your MY? I might take my chances just not a fan of the look with a front plate. Interested to hear everyone's thoughts.

Probably not the right thread for this question but seeing that we all live in the great state of Texas - wondered if you plan on abiding by the law and placing a front license plate on your MY? I might take my chances just not a fan of the look with a front plate. Interested to hear everyone's thoughts.

I usually run without a front plate within the city, cops don't seem to care much in that situation. The only two times I've ever been pulled over though has been for missing front license plates, both times were on road trips immediately outside the Austin area.

I went ahead and bought this quick change front license plate mount:
Tesla Model Y Front License Plate Mount - "Quick Bandit"

Haven't had a chance to use it due to no MY yet, but it looks like it'll do the trick of quickly throwing it on if I ever need to leave the city.

On my wife’s car the mount is built in so it doesn’t mess up the look or require drilling to fit it, so very little excuse not to run one. I figure it gives the cops one less reason to pull her over…

On my previous car I was tempted not to run one as it required drilling into the front but did so anyway even though the sales guy told me that people like me driving around in new Range Rovers were not likely to be pulled over with the lack of the front license plate being used as the (valid) excuse for whatever other reason.

As for the Y I’m not sure if I will or not as frankly that big flat area in the front looks like something should be there, leaving it blank looks strange. Not the most handsome of designs imho.
I’ll most likely not run one at first and see if I change my mind.
I keep hearing rumors about them dumping the front plate as it would save 50% of their costs but I highly doubt it…

Reactions: whitehartdave
Same here, both our rides must be on the same truck. Which location are you taking delivery at? I chose Cedar location near Dallas Love.
Damn, we're truck bros! 🤣 IIRC we picked Plano, there doesn't seem to be a way to see that on the site, but they're close enough that they probably load them in drop order and make multiple stops. Tho they probably send a whole fleet of trucks out at the same time toward Dallas.

Edit: we should meet up and take a pic of our whities post-deliv :p

Last edited:
Damn, we're truck bros! 🤣 IIRC we picked Plano, there doesn't seem to be a way to see that on the site, but they're close enough that they probably load them in drop order and make multiple stops. Tho they probably send a whole fleet of trucks out at the same time toward Dallas.

Edit: we should meet up and take a pic of our whities post-deliv :p
Lol sounds good. Cool yea I'm locked and ready with all my amazon boxes (accessories), just waiting on a SA to call and confirm pickup. I'm being forced to answer all the spam calls now cuz I heard you don't want to miss when tesla calls. 🙄

• Funny
Reactions: Yankees
I drove a 94 Corvette for over 10 years around the DFW area without a front license plate and was never stopped or questioned. I was stopped for speeding (with a ticket), but no mention of the front plate being missing.

That said, I got the quick bandit and will have it in place once I get mine. If nothing else it will block some of the bugs from that huge blank space. :)

I stopped by the store today to chat with the SA. He looked at his computer and said mine is currently scheduled to be at the delivery point on 8/18. That just happens to be half-way between 8/8 and 8/28, which is my current EDD. I didn't see his screen. Do you think that is accurate or just him telling me something to make me happy. :)

He also said that things happen that are out of their control. He said something about a recent train derailment that delayed some of their car. hmmmm