Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered MYP, midnight silver, white interior with a hitch on 6/21/21 with est delivery of 7/16 - 8/15. We are in Little Elm, Texas. No VIN yet but they called yesterday to ask if I wanted a blue with black interior MYP, with 190 miles, that could be delivered today. I think I will stick with the original order.
On 7/1, my EDD was pushed back one week to 7/21-8/10.

Tesla sales/customer service called me on Friday and said I would probably get a VIN in 3-4 weeks from now (so about 7-8 weeks from point of order) and the car would be delivered within a week of getting the VIN.
Based on reading other experiences on here that doesn’t seem realistic so I’m thinking no-one should put too much stock in what they tell us over the phone…

Tesla sales/customer service called me on Friday and said I would probably get a VIN in 3-4 weeks from now (so about 7-8 weeks from point of order) and the car would be delivered within a week of getting the VIN.
Based on reading other experiences on here that doesn’t seem realistic so I’m thinking no-one should put too much stock in what they tell us over the phone…

Interesting you got a call about VIN and delivery - I got nothing of the sort. Only info I have is EDD 8/14 - 9/3 and my sales associate saying that means my vehicle is close to going into the build cycle.

I think they were just calling everyone, working their way down the list, they only asked if I had any questions while waiting for the VIN. So i asked how long after getting the VIN do ppl get their car, and same for when I might typically expect to get a VIN. I said I always take holding them to anything if their predictions were off, and that’s what I was told. I don’t put much stock into those timeframes though based on my EDD although getting a VIN in 3-4 weeks from now would align to the early part of the 9-13 weeks delivery estimate the website said before I placed my order so who knows… I won’t hold my breath though.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Did they leave you a voicemail? What's the caller ID say when they call? I've been getting spammed with calls and just don't want to miss their call.