Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern California Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Below is my order info:
MYLR Blue/Black/19"/5 seat
OD: 1/13
Original EDD: Jan 21 - feb 4
Updated EDD: Gets updated to future date with 2 weeks range on a daily basis.
Current EDD (2/26): 2/26 - 3/07
No VIN
No update yet!

With this experience, I would say that Elon Musk is not an honest man, if he is one, He wont let his delivery team to treat customers so unfairly. I am naive to believe the EDD initially.

Updated OD : its 1/13

With OD 1/13, you are long overdue. Recently a SA in the showroom told me they deliver by order date. At this point, it’s hard for me to believe that people who ordered on 1/13 still haven’t received their cars yet. I think the SA either was misguided or had no clue of what he’s talking about.

With OD 1/13, you are long overdue. Recently a SA in the showroom told me they deliver by order date. At this point, it’s hard for me to believe that people who ordered on 1/13 still haven’t received their cars yet. I think the SA either was misguided or had no clue of what he’s talking about.
That SA has no clue ... See my post 4,434 in response to someone who implied that if he owned Tesla he'd prioritize deliveries by OD.

That SA has no clue ... See my post 4,434 in response to someone who implied that if he owned Tesla he'd prioritize deliveries by OD.
You had to me digest such a long post this early in the morning? Lol, just kidding.

But there’s definitely more to it than simply let’s sort by order date. I’m sure proximity/net margin/supply chain/etc etc are all parts of the criteria. Nevertheless, I expect my damn car to be ready for picked up before end of Q1! 😆

A question for those who have received their cars and are still watching this forum, where did you pick up your car? For some reason, my order indicates home delivery. It would seem a Fremont factory pickup would better ensure a delivery in March. The SA though suggested three weeks ago not to make a change "when it is so close to delivery." Ha, so close to delivery my a@#!

A question for those who have received their cars and are still watching this forum, where did you pick up your car? For some reason, my order indicates home delivery. It would seem a Fremont factory pickup would better ensure a delivery in March. The SA thought suggested three weeks ago not to make a change "when it is so close to delivery." Ha, so close to delivery my a@#!
Can you even pick between home delivery vs factory pick up? I don’t recall seeing this option in the app?

No update yet!

With this experience, I would say that Elon Musk is not an honest man, if he is one, He wont let his delivery team to treat customers so unfairly. I am naive to believe the EDD initially.

My folks ordered the same configuration as you in mid February and the last they checked their EDD improved to 3/21-3/31.

That made no sense to me since we ordered MSM and our date today is 3/12-3/21.

Given these are all EDD and until a VIN is assigned it means nothing. I think it would be extremely unfair if they got their blue MY before you.

I totally get manufacturing constraints and how you wouldn’t make the orders as you get them since that would be inefficient but it doesn’t make sense that someone who ordered the same configuration as you after your order would get the car before yours especially if we’re all in the same geographical location

Reactions: kcpd
No update yet!

You may want to go into a showroom and ask. When I did that, they said my order has been soft-matched to a VIN, to be delivered 3/25.

Basic version, no option, OD 1/17. EDD 3/15 to 3/31.

We may not buy it, though.

A question for those who have received their cars and are still watching this forum, where did you pick up your car? For some reason, my order indicates home delivery. It would seem a Fremont factory pickup would better ensure a delivery in March. The SA though suggested three weeks ago not to make a change "when it is so close to delivery." Ha, so close to delivery my a@#!
I picked up from Dublin

I called Tesla and talked with a SA. So from what I understand, even though we are all in the NorCal and for those of use who live near the Fremont plant, we are still automatically assigned into a delivery hub location. Our VIN assignment is based on the number of those configurations going to your delivery hub.

I was assigned to Sunnyvale, but personally I feel it's more likely to get the car if I'm assigned to the Fremont factory so I asked to switch it. We'll see how that experiment goes 🤞

Reactions: James2023y
I called SA last Saturday and that person told me that my delivery location is Fremont showroom. Since delivery notification can arrive at
anytime and we were asked to keep monitor the inbox messages. OD: 01/20, No VIN yet. EDD: 03/18-03/31

I called Tesla and talked with a SA. So from what I understand, even though we are all in the NorCal and for those of use who live near the Fremont plant, we are still automatically assigned into a delivery hub location. Our VIN assignment is based on the number of those configurations going to your delivery hub.

I was assigned to Sunnyvale, but personally I feel it's more likely to get the car if I'm assigned to the Fremont factory so I asked to switch it. We'll see how that experiment goes 🤞
I guess they don't do home delivery anymore.