Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not enough sales pressure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may also cause the breaker to heat up, it might trip (that's its job - to protect the wires in the wall and prevent a fire). It may also cause the breaker to fail prematurely. All in all not a great plan. Be careful out there!

I'm still in talks with the maintenance guy at my apt building about the pulling 32amps from the 30amp outlet. He said there was a breaker that would trip if there was a surge and that EV cars have failsafes that will take care of everything. I mentioned that I don't think that it would be a problem with surges but more with overheating since it would be pulling 32 amps for a good 9-10 hours straight. So he's looking into it further so well see. I've dropped my charge rate to 24 amps like you fine folk have recommended but at this point im more worried about the other EV tenants that don't pay attention so I'm trying to make sure its safe for everyone.

I don't see how telling a customer how they are getting nickle and dimed is exactly a good sales tactic. Working at Mercedes the last thing we would tell a customer is all the things their car DOESN'T include and they'll have to buy separately. Now if your friend asked about those items in particular and was told they are going to be included, that is a different issue.

• Love
Reactions: toolman335 and tvad
A cursory search on Amazon or other outlets will reveal that angle-ended USB cables are not hard to come by.

Sure. So they are delivering a car with a phone dock that requires a special $3 cable that you have to buy elsewhere. It seems cheap to me but I own a high-end high-service business focused a doing every conceivable thing possible to make customers happy.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh and tvad
Sure. So they are delivering a car with a phone dock that requires a special $3 cable that you have to buy elsewhere. It seems cheap to me but I own a high-end high-service business focused a doing every conceivable thing possible to make customers happy.

Yeah someone should do the math and calculate the total amount of cars sold since the change x $3 to see how much tesla saved with the change.

Though, a lot of people don't even use the angled wires because they swap the pad to a wireless charging pad so... think of all the wires that aren't getting wasted now. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: DopeGhoti
:)I've been a Tesla fan for a long time. Started with a Prius Plug In, BMW i3 BEV, and Bolt EV. I was always interested in a Tesla, just felt it was more EV than what I needed. I stopped by the Richmond, VA Tesla Store one day to look at the Model 3 and get some basic information. I spoke to a sales advisor and asked a couple of questions. I inquired about the range for the LR, SR+, and SR, not having a clue. They were friendly, but not that helpful. After several questions, I mentioned I'd brush up on my Model 3 101 and return. I spent a week online, YouTube videos, and here. Didn't take long to have a Model 3 working knowledge. One I decided I wanted a Model 3, several week later, I arranged a test drive and was impressed. Once back at the service center, the SA asked me what I wanted to do. I stated I was ready to order a Model 3 Performance and we completed the order. Best part was viewing every YouTube video I could find.

:)I've been a Tesla fan for a long time. Started with a Prius Plug In, BMW i3 BEV, and Bolt EV. I was always interested in a Tesla, just felt it was more EV than what I needed. I stopped by the Richmond, VA Tesla Store one day to look at the Model 3 and get some basic information. I spoke to a sales advisor and asked a couple of questions. I inquired about the range for the LR, SR+, and SR, not having a clue. They were friendly, but not that helpful. After several questions, I mentioned I'd brush up on my Model 3 101 and return. I spent a week online, YouTube videos, and here. Didn't take long to have a Model 3 working knowledge. One I decided I wanted a Model 3, several week later, I arranged a test drive and was impressed. Once back at the service center, the SA asked me what I wanted to do. I stated I was ready to order a Model 3 Performance and we completed the order. Best part was viewing every YouTube video I could find.
Hopefully you saw this one.

Exactly man. Well done. There's so much information out there. No excuse.

Haha. I know exactly what you mean. I spent two months watching every youtube vid out there and reading forums. It was interesting talking to sales people and knowing more about the car than they did for the most part. Yet.. I still messed up on getting the right charging adaptor

Reactions: AdamMacDon
I think the delivery person should help people know how to charge their car. When I got my car I couldn't charge it because my building uses a non standard port that isn't even in the adaptors that Tesla sells. Which is whatever. I ordered the adaptor I needed from amazon. I got home on a very cold night with about 20% battery. There was a message on the screen that said the battery charge would drop if the battery cools down. So I rush and park and try to plug it in and boom holy *sugar* I needed a 14-50 adaptor too?? I then had to rush to a supercharger before the battery cooled down and got there with 7% charge and let it charge while eating dinner at a panera. I then ordered it from Tesla and had to wait a week for it to get delivered which required me charging at a super charger every day.

It's not the end of the world or anything but I think a little more time should be spent on teaching people how to charge or making sure people have what they need because it could have all been avoided.

I was looking at my pictures last night and noticed I took a pic of when I got to the super charger. And I didn't get there at 7% charge but with 7 miles est range left on the battery. 0.0 It was a miracle.

Haha. I know exactly what you mean. I spent two months watching every youtube vid out there and reading forums. It was interesting talking to sales people and knowing more about the car than they did for the most part. Yet.. I still messed up on getting the right charging adaptor

Two months? I spent 6 months stalking this forum until I got the courage to buy my car lol.
Though a big reason I waited so long is it seemed like the general mood of you owners changed in July/August. I didn't like the general tone of the feedback on the car up until that time period.