Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy, including Intelligent and go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasn't sure if GO had GOne. GO faster has a more sensible timing, the good lady won't have a tumble dryer on at silly o'clock...and she ain't having a Heat Pump version until this one goes pear shaped.

Edit. GO Faster has GOne
when you say it is gone. Did they tell you that? it was never that well documented in the first place you just had to ask about it.
I am on go faster at the moment so it is not entirely gone but it may well be closed to new customers for all I know.
I wonder if they will allow me to renew it with the same times when mine runs out? definitely won't be at the same price!

It's the giving up of control that I don't like. I'm not a fan of them pinging the car's API. I just want a 5 hour chunk of time every night with low rates without giveng them access to my car controls.
You can have 4 hours of that (Go) or 7 hours of that (E7) but they both now come now priced at a premium that reflects they are really very blunt tools that don't help really Octopus manage local and national demand side grid issues.

You can have 4 hours of that (Go) or 7 hours of that (E7) but they both now come now priced at a premium that reflects they are really very blunt tools that don't help really Octopus manage local and national demand side grid issues.
are the rates on IO better than Go now then?
I have not looked for a while but I thought the only advantage to IO was the extra hours.
Edit. I see day rates are the same but IO off peak is 10p vs Go at 12p. ah remember the good old days of 5p
at least IO supports android now so that's something

Last edited:
are the rates on IO better than Go now then?
I have not looked for a while but I thought the only advantage to IO was the extra hours.
The new price for Go off-peak is 12p and IO is 10p, the standing charge and peak are the same price. It also looks like both are now flexible tariffs rather than fixed ones.

Screenshot 2022-10-31 140024.jpg

IO has been acting out for me lately.

When I plug in after 5pm, it can take up to an hour before a schedule is created. Used to be pretty instant before.

And last night, I came home with a low battery (<20%), needed to get a full charge in the morning.
For some reason IO stopped my charge at 03:58am!! Lost out on 4 hours of charge as the schedule gave me until 8am in the morning... Not happy about it..

when you say it is gone. Did they tell you that? it was never that well documented in the first place you just had to ask about it.
I am on go faster at the moment so it is not entirely gone but it may well be closed to new customers for all I know.
I wonder if they will allow me to renew it with the same times when mine runs out? definitely won't be at the same price!

It stopped in Oct.
Certainly for new clients.

Is this sort of thing a regular occurrence?

View attachment 869742

Checked the meter and its flashing along nicely, likewise the screen unit thing - showing up to date data. Wifi looks good....

How long til I need to call them?

If it's only yesterday missing, then yes, it is normal. If you go back further days is the data there?

The data import octopus run for the previous days usage happens at some point the following day (today), then you'll see the usage.

Reactions: WKUK
Is this sort of thing a regular occurrence?

View attachment 869742

Checked the meter and its flashing along nicely, likewise the screen unit thing - showing up to date data. Wifi looks good....

I've had this since mid August on my electric import, export and gas data. Octopus are aware and hopefully going all out to re-establish a connection to get my 1/2 hour readings (which as you know are vital for a time of use tariff)!

• Helpful
Reactions: WKUK
If it's only yesterday missing, then yes, it is normal. If you go back further days is the data there?

The data import octopus run for the previous days usage happens at some point the following day (today), then you'll see the usage.
Thanks. Seems data is fully populated thru to 30th October (Sunday). Nothing for Electric yesterday but Gas data for yesterday is up to date

I've had this since mid August on my electric import, export and gas data. Octopus are aware and hopefully going all out to re-establish a connection to get my 1/2 hour readings (which as you know are vital for a time of use tariff)!
Ouch. Will they bill you at standard variable for that whole period?

Well, at least a week or so. The meter can store up to 3 months so it will catch up. For most people it's an occasional occurrence. In some much less common situations it's a long term issue.

and as we discussed in the past, it is not, really.

Because Octopus do not take away any of the off-peak slots when you are not connecting/charging your car. also TOS does not explicitly say, that you cannot use it as normal go tariff as well as it does not really prevent you running any of electric devices during off peak times.