Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy, including Intelligent and go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All it says is you have to leave the IO app connected to the car. It says nothing about other usage and doesn't even imply it.. I don't know where people are getting that from.
10 and 12 read pretty much as "you give us permission to manage your devices usage ...and you must maintain our ability to do that by using the app and connecting the car. Go 30 days without it and we can boot you off". I agree it's worded a bit vaguely, but I doubt you'd have a leg to stand on if you didnt allow any IO controlled charging on a tarrif that does everything to say IO should be controlling your charging. But if you want to treat IO as GO and keep strictly within the T&Cs as written, just keep re-authorising before that 30 days expires and let them control 1 charge :D

Although I've been searching for 20 minutes now and I can't find the paragraph being quoted, so a link would have been nice.
It's in the app under accounts & settings --> Intelligent Octopus

10 and 12 read pretty much as "you give us permission to manage your devices usage ...and you must maintain our ability to do that by using the app and connecting the car. Go 30 days without it and we can boot you off". I agree it's worded a bit vaguely, but I doubt you'd have a leg to stand on if you didnt allow any IO controlled charging on a tarrif that does everything to say IO should be controlling your charging. But if you want to treat IO as GO and keep strictly within the T&Cs as written, just keep re-authorising before that 30 days expires and let them control 1 charge :D

It's in the app under accounts & settings --> Intelligent Octopus
It doesn't anything about plugging the car in, only connecting the app. You don't need to re-authorise anything. It's quite easy (now Tesla have largely fixed phantom drain) to go 30 days without charging, and Octopus can hardly demand you use your car more.

Reactions: yessuz
It doesn't anything about plugging the car in, only connecting the app. You don't need to re-authorise anything. It's quite easy (now Tesla have largely fixed phantom drain) to go 30 days without charging, and Octopus can hardly demand you use your car more.
YES. And this is what I am saying all the time.

Just let them connect and do whatever you want, really charging wise. as long as you allow IO to access it. I can charge car anywhere else, I can let my frieds use my charger etc.

but as you see, some of people here can see other things. it does not mean they are correct..

I think the key point is, when your registered car is plugged in IO will control it. That's it, that's the only requirement.

You can charge whatever else you want, including other EVs, whenever you want, peak if you like, off peak and benefitting from the lower rates allowed too.

I think the key point is, when your registered car is plugged in IO will control it. That's it, that's the only requirement.

You can charge whatever else you want, including other EVs, whenever you want, peak if you like, off peak and benefitting from the lower rates allowed too.
YES!

but you know, spirit, letter and other imaginable stuff which is non-existent on the Ts&Cs

Reactions: Tony Hoyle
I noticed that my 30 minute readings for Octopus Go have stopped showing on the Octopus web site since 05/11/2022 (12am on the dot). On further investigation it looks like the readings for my gas meter have also stopped. Both meters are showing active WAN connections (as they have done for two years), but the lack of any other comments on this thread makes me assume this is just me...?

I guess my only option is to reach out to the (very busy) Octopus customer support team?

I noticed that my 30 minute readings for Octopus Go have stopped showing on the Octopus web site since 05/11/2022 (12am on the dot). On further investigation it looks like the readings for my gas meter have also stopped. Both meters are showing active WAN connections (as they have done for two years), but the lack of any other comments on this thread makes me assume this is just me...?

I guess my only option is to reach out to the (very busy) Octopus customer support team?
Don't panic ... it happens from time to time. The meter stores the readings and will upload them when the network establishes. I would hold on for a few days before contacting Octopus.

Reactions: spooksman

Mine have too. Probably Bulb integration 😂

Reactions: NewbieT
My gas meter stopped reporting. I contacted Octopus on twitter. The did some sort of remote health check on the meter and it all sorted itself out. Total turn around was <24h...
my smart meter NEVER worked properly with Octopus.
Once they installed it, I had a bit of it working and then it stopped. basically, the home display unit shows like 2.95 as daily charge, and if go in details shows some strange gas usage info. which is completely different from the meter readings on itself.

few months forward, I cannot even take readings from the meter itself.

so long story short, it took them half a year and even my "I will stop paying estimated gas bills" and they managed to book the metering company to check my meter and maybe replace it?

anyhow, it takes painfully long time for them to respond. Emails - 2-7 days. twitter DMs - a bit faster (sometimes) until it dies off, and phone - an hour on hold. at least.

Ditto. My readings stopped exactly the same time. Either Octopus will fix it or it’s a ruse to get legacy Go customers to pay variable rates 😉. I’ll go with the former.

Saturday missing for me. Sunday and Monday are there now
Saturday missing missing for me too - others are back.

Actually, quite strangely the 5th of November (as a day) is just missing completely, not just not usage - the display goes 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th. If I use the 'old' dashboard, I can't scroll back past the 6th, as the 5th is 'gone'... :confused:

Last edited: