Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy, including Intelligent and go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In regards to our phone call, the intelligent tariff has been renewed from today on the current rates available.

I hope this helps!

If you have any further questions in regards to this please let us know

Love and Power,
Jonathan

rang up to request switching to current tariff IO to reset for a year. Thanks Octopus (well I'm paying more short term..but less after March 7th next year)

That’s good news. I gave my meter readings yesterday and hope the switch is complete in the morning then I think I’m going opt for go faster the 5hr cheaper rate.

I’ve got a referral code which you can add if you haven’t already, £50 credit for each of us once the switch is complete. I can ping you a link if you haven’t used one already.
Go Faster allows you to choose a Start Time from 21:30 which should allow you to include some Domestic usage e.g. Dishwasher, Washing Machine etc.

rang up to request switching to current tariff IO to reset for a year. Thanks Octopus (well I'm paying more short term..but less after March 7th next year)
I’m very doubtful that prices will increase much more than what they’re at now.
There WILL be some sort of intervention. If we get to 80p or (heaven forbid!) over £1 per kWh there will be social unrest and people on the streets…

Reactions: browellm
That’s good news. I gave my meter readings yesterday and hope the switch is complete in the morning then I think I’m going opt for go faster the 5hr cheaper rate.

I’ve got a referral code which you can add if you haven’t already, £50 credit for each of us once the switch is complete. I can ping you a link if you haven’t used one already.
Sorry, I checked your profile and couldn't find it, then already applied a random code I found in this thread.

Go Faster allows you to choose a Start Time from 21:30 which should allow you to include some Domestic usage e.g. Dishwasher, Washing Machine etc.
I was looking at that and think the 01:30 start for 5hrs might work better as we can put the dishwasher on delay and set the washing machine to finish by 6:30, rather than sitting up waiting for it to finish. Need to have a chat to Mrs G and see what 'we' think.

Reactions: Darreno
There WILL be some sort of intervention. If we get to 80p or (heaven forbid!) over £1 per kWh there will be social unrest and people on the streets…

Hope so - not just consumer but businesses too, whihc can mean more people unemployed etc

Needs attention like the financial crisis in 2008/9

I’d argue even 50p is too much but for now the hedging is good for me

I was looking at that and think the 01:30 start for 5hrs might work better as we can put the dishwasher on delay and set the washing machine to finish by 6:30, rather than sitting up waiting for it to finish. Need to have a chat to Mrs G and see what 'we' think.
Same as us. 01:30 start for 5 hours. Washing machine and dishwasher on overnight and leaves the car to charge closer to leaving in the morning.

Reactions: MattG5
The cost to business and subsequent ramifications for closures has been massively under-reported so far. I think it's just starting to dawn on the media what's about to happen.

Reactions: Skie
The cost to business and subsequent ramifications for closures has been massively under-reported so far. I think it's just starting to dawn on the media what's about to happen.

retail energy crazy expensive - we're screwed
price inflation but not demand driven inflation - high interest rates - we're screwed x2
business putting prices up because of energy costs - we're screwed x3
businesses going bust and/or making people redundant due to high energy prices - we're screwed x4

This is worse than the banking crisis and need fundamental government action (and cross-governmental action if possible like back then)

Can you please ping me too please?

Reactions: MattM76 and MattG5
retail energy crazy expensive - we're screwed
price inflation but not demand driven inflation - high interest rates - we're screwed x2
business putting prices up because of energy costs - we're screwed x3
businesses going bust and/or making people redundant due to high energy prices - we're screwed x4

This is worse than the banking crisis and need fundamental government action (and cross-governmental action if possible like back then)
Its much worse than the banking crisis! Our people don't have a clue! The French and German freezing of the energy prices is the only way to go to avoid mass disobedience and continuing unstoppable inflation.Yes there's a £100b or so price tab on it but there is no alternative. Sack the Governor of the B of E as he actually thinks raising interest rates will stop the inflation. The Committee just don't understand that the energy price rises will take much more out of Consumers spending than any messing with interest rates? How is the little bit of British industry to survive if the foreign competition are subsidizing their energy prices and we don't!

I quite agree. I think gas prices are going to be the killer. It’s fairly easy to cut back on electricity. You can choose to not use the tumble drier and not use some other appliances, etc but if you want hot water and heating then you have to use a lot of gas.

We are used to gas costing 3p or so. When it hits closer to 30p, we will really see our winter bills shoot up vertically.

Most of us here are likely quite comfortable financially under normal circumstances but these prices are going to force us to significantly change our lifestyles to avoid wasting thousands in fuel bills monthly.

My bills are looking close to £1200 a month come spring without intervention. My mortgage is £600/month. With that money I could buy another house or two more Teslas.

We are way beyond the point of some tax tinkering or an extra payment to those on lower wages. All of us need support. No matter how much you earn, you cannot be forced to take on the equivalent of another house's bills overnight while rampant inflation erodes spending power elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skie
Its much worse than the banking crisis! Our people don't have a clue! The French and German freezing of the energy prices is the only way to go to avoid mass disobedience and continuing unstoppable inflation.Yes there's a £100b or so price tab on it but there is no alternative. Sack the Governor of the B of E as he actually thinks raising interest rates will stop the inflation. The Committee just don't understand that the energy price rises will take much more out of Consumers spending than any messing with interest rates? How is the little bit of British industry to survive if the foreign competition are subsidizing their energy prices and we don't!

I mean - I'd tell the extractors and generators to go screw themselves and work with other governments to force them to sell at a max price - but thats a later problem. First it needs fixing

Already signed up to Octopus w/o a referral code as new customer and going to be on flexi initially.

Has anyone managed to add referral code afterwards when they move on to Go/IO?

It seems the link(s) provided by fellow members seem to work at the initial quotation stage unless I am missing something??

Already signed up to Octopus w/o a referral code as new customer and going to be on flexi initially.

Has anyone managed to add referral code afterwards when they move on to Go/IO?

It seems the link(s) provided by fellow members seem to work at the initial quotation stage unless I am missing something??
When you’re in the account dashboard there is an option to paste the code in. I’m sure it’s on the page where they ask you to give the meter readings. So copy the link sent to you rather clicking it and paste that in.

Reactions: Benotomy
Any luck @Fezza in getting your octopus half hourly readings yet? (From the now locked Octopus thread)

No luck here, they have an issue connecting to my smart meter it seems (was working with my previous supplier). Spoke to support today and they will be trying a remote fix then looking to send someone out. I couldn’t get her to commit to anything as far as my moving over to Go on the current rates should anything be announced in the meantime, but she did say they usually announce upcoming changes, not effective immediately, and would see my sign up and request for transfer to Go tariff dates and hopefully keep that in mind (should the worst happen).

Hoping it just hurried up and fixes itself.