Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the feeling that "the button" is coded into 2021.4.12, but is probably hidden from the UI until Tesla triggers the button to appear.
It's there or it isn't. Maybe we can refer to it as Schrodinger's Button? 🤔

Fwiw, I got 2024.4.12 this morning, but out work Tesla that doesn't have FSD has yet to get it. So very possible they are pushing it out to everyone that has FSD first to activate the button.
We have three cars with FSD and one without. Yesterday, one car with FSD and one without FSD each got the 2021.4.12 update.

I have the feeling that "the button" is coded into 2021.4.12, but is probably hidden from the UI until Tesla triggers the button to appear.

I think someone asked @greentheonly this on twitter and he confirmed it wasn’t there. See below.

Also the last post was awhile ago so I want to update the thread with status of NO BUTTON. That is all.

58C9D798-CA0E-400F-BBF5-F329B2A3ABAD.jpeg

I think someone asked @greentheonly this on twitter and he confirmed it wasn’t there. See below.

Also the last post was awhile ago so I want to update the thread with status of NO BUTTON. That is all.

View attachment 645059
I guess it depends on what he means by "new assets". It would be possible to display a standard button at a specific date/time without having new assets in the code, like he discovered with the 100 kWh battery.

Supercharger availability and other functionality has been enabled at later dates by calling APIs.

Reactions: fcastrillo86

View attachment 645059

It's possible that the button isn't an asset (a rasterized picture) but simply a programmatic button. Programmatic buttons won't show up in the asset files.

Supercharger availability and other functionality has been enabled at later dates by calling APIs.

It's possible that the button isn't an asset (a rasterized picture) but simply a programmatic button. Programmatic buttons won't show up in the asset files.

This is what I was getting at in my other post. I'm not great with some of the technical lingo, but it reminds me a lot of how Google pushes new features to Android devices via Google Play Services updates. It all happens behind the scenes without a full update file having to be downloaded. I bet "the button" is included, but hidden, within the 2021.4.12 update, until certain conditions are met (time? signal from Tesla, etc.) that causes it to finally appear.

If a button doesn't materialize by Friday giving all FSD owners the ability to download the FSD Beta, I feel that Elon will have damaged his credibility far more than he has in the past.

It's one thing to say 'in two years I think we'll have L5' (even if that is a far-fetched claim) and another thing to announce TWICE that 'next week you'll have a button in the following specific location that allows you to do x'. He should know whether such a thing is possible by next week before tweeting it.

If a button doesn't materialize by Friday giving all FSD owners the ability to download the FSD Beta, I feel that Elon will have damaged his credibility far more than he has in the past.

I don't understand this sentiment. Elon says 8.3 has ~1000 improvements and QA "should" be done by "end of next week" (this week). It's very likely, based on essentially every AP update, it's gonna be late lol. Although, this time, it's unlikely to be more than a week late.

Pretty much anyone working in software understands this. Since Elon's been in software for long, maybe he assumes people understand software timelines.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
I don't understand this sentiment. Elon says 8.3 has ~1000 improvements and QA "should" be done by "end of next week" (this week). It's very likely, based on essentially every AP update, it's gonna be late lol. Although, this time, it's unlikely to be more than a week late.

Well, his first tweet (10 days ago) said it would be here in ~10 days.

That said, if 8.3 is a few days (or a week) late, and it arrives alongside a button that allows all FSD buyers to download the beta, obviously Elon hasn't completely blown his credibility. So where should we draw the line? Next Friday? The point is, if it doesn't materialize at all (like the early FSD buyer EAP promise) then it will be a major credibility issue.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Well, his first tweet (10 days ago) said it would be here in ~10 days.

Also, as for green finding anything relating to the button or FSD beta, it's unlikely because THE BUTTON is to download fsd beta. FSD beta won't be automatically installed in any update, so green won't find anything new or different in regards to the button.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks