Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the Tesla API have support/an endpoint, for discretely handling folding the side mirrors?
You can do this natively based upon location via the car's screens. My garage is narrow so I prefer to fold the mirrors when entering, but also prefer to leave them extended while maneuvering the driveway - the Geo-fold closes them too soon. Then every time I get into my car, when in the garage, they extend automatically before the car even moves so I have to re-fold again.

For me, neither the Tesla version or an API version would likely do what I want to do - which is essentially, fold (and leave folded) when I'm in the garage but expand when I'm outside the garage door perimeter. The GPS is just not that precise, it seems. So I press that button a lot! :D

Are there any plans to include “advanced” charging control in Tessie?

I’m specifically thinking of being able to tag my home address in Tessie to only charge at that location during specific periods, somewhat similarly to how the ev.energy app works but also allow preconditioning schedules and the like if configured.

This is so I can restrict home charging to (for example) 0030-0430 daily (or to a low kWh rate) when I don’t set a departure time, and minimise home charging costs while still enabling preheat/precondition outside of the very low off peak rates.

So, any plans to add something like this, or any way anyone can think to achieve the same goals?

Are there any plans to include “advanced” charging control in Tessie?

I’m specifically thinking of being able to tag my home address in Tessie to only charge at that location during specific periods, somewhat similarly to how the ev.energy app works but also allow preconditioning schedules and the like if configured.

This is so I can restrict home charging to (for example) 0030-0430 daily (or to a low kWh rate) when I don’t set a departure time, and minimise home charging costs while still enabling preheat/precondition outside of the very low off peak rates.

So, any plans to add something like this, or any way anyone can think to achieve the same goals?
Yep. Custom charging schedules (and much, much more) is in the works.

I would like to see a comparison page showing the numbers comparing electrity cost versus the fuel cost, also showing the current fuel price set in the app. The Tesla app is not accurate compared to the vehicle I replaced and compare numbers to. Something more would be able to add in expenses for the vehicle for a true cost of ownership.

I would like to see a comparison page showing the numbers comparing electrity cost versus the fuel cost, also showing the current fuel price set in the app. The Tesla app is not accurate compared to the vehicle I replaced and compare numbers to. Something more would be able to add in expenses for the vehicle for a true cost of ownership.
If you check out Driving or Charging > Analytics, it'll show you the comparison between electric and fuel using the current fuel price set in the app.

TCO is a great idea. It's on the roadmap.

If you check out Driving or Charging > Analytics, it'll show you the comparison between electric and fuel using the current fuel price set in the app.

TCO is a great idea. It's on the roadmap.
Yes, but I currently have to pull up driving to see how many miles, and then go to charging to get a real comparison since using the car for anything while stationary, sentry mode, isn't factored into the driving section.

James,

I just signed up for your trial and really like it so far. How about the Apple Watch complications... any thoughts on adding more? I saw the article on creating your own but I'd have to create icons. Not really my thing. I'd like to have a common look.

Thank you,
Don

I love this app! I upgraded to lifetime subscription, and am so happy that I did! I love the fact that you can set it to not wake the vehicle, and there is so much valuable information available at your fingertips, and you are always improving it, also. Many times, I find it more successful in actually waking the vehicle and activating the climate, opening trunks, etc. than the standard Tesla app.

• Love
Reactions: James@Tessie