Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible to sue the government in Small Claims Court? If possible, I would definitely try, just cost $100 bucks even the chances is slim (we don’t technically have a agreement with MOT).

Everyone! Sumbit your EVHIP application even if you get your delivery after July 11.
They originally defined the qualification as orders from 'dealers to manufacturers', now they change to 'independently owned franchised dealership’s'. They are certainly doing this how they want, buts its not how it was originally defined.
The official qualifications were different they're just moving the goal posts in correspondence so everyone just stops.

No they have responsibility to fulfil the program as defined. They are doing this. You have no idea of the stress they deal with the general public.

That's not stress. As long as you don't care and do what you're told, you walk out of the building at 4:30 and have a great evening.

Running a business... some guy wants to sue you, you're worried about making your margin qualification for the bank every month, an ex-employee left unhappily and is talking to all kinds of gov't ppl about improper dismissal, writing bad stuff about your company online... those things are stress. Customer service? Give me a break.

Reactions: NoBeard
That is a really interesting article. It looks like possibly Ford is beginning to understand he could be on the hook for billions if he walks away.
They are so disorganized. They changed a policy. EHVIP, and post a vaguely worded legal way to try and eliminate TESLA buyers with their “dealership” wording. Then when consumers start to say wtf with help from ombudsman, they change the wording to say franchisee. However, what was originally posted on the MTO is still there. How can you tell individuals something that is different from the legal communication on their website. Something is messed up. IMO the cabinet did make the decision to end the EHVIP program but they didn’t do their due diligence and investigate whether TESLA operates a dealership. You tell me, as a consumer, that I have to ask a dealership before I purchase a vehicle if your a franchise or part of the corporation. This is absurd to put the onus on the consumer.

The pc’s have ff’d up. They are stalling with the ombudsman so that TESLA can’t make the deliveries. They are misleading the consumer and are forcing them to cancel there orders.

Morons of a government. Big heads with no brains. To much of know it alls to seek real consultation to make sound decisions without emotion.

I really like the catchy “Buck a Beer Premier”

That’s all he will be known for from here on.

John Dixon reported on Facebook that a contact at Tesla has confirmed that Tesla has now filed a lawsuit against the Ontario government seeking to overturn the decision to discriminate against Tesla and its customers during the wind-down of the rebate program. (This is one of the three venues of attack that I know of. The second is the Ombudsman, and the third is the environmental advocacy group that has likewise filed suit a few weeks back.)

John Dixon reported on Facebook that a contact at Tesla has confirmed that Tesla has now filed a lawsuit against the Ontario government seeking to overturn the decision to discriminate against Tesla and its customers during the wind-down of the rebate program. (This is one of the three venues of attack that I know of. The second is the Ombudsman, and the third is the environmental advocacy group that has likewise filed suit a few weeks back.)

Interesting. Usually you can find lawsuits filed online, but I was unable to find this one. Not sure if that's cause it would have been filed in Ontario, and Ontario lawsuits aren't online? I'd love if his contact could point to a copy of the lawsuit. Surely it's public domain once filed?

The pc’s have ff’d up. They are stalling with the ombudsman so that TESLA can’t make the deliveries. They are misleading the consumer and are forcing them to cancel there orders.

Morons of a government. Big heads with no brains. To much of know it alls to seek real consultation to make sound decisions without emotion.

I really like the catchy “Buck a Beer Premier”

Doug Ford.......our own mini-Trump......Buck a Beer Premier! Love it!

...... Tesla has now filed a lawsuit against the Ontario government seeking to overturn the decision to discriminate against Tesla and its customers during the wind-down of the rebate program.

This is one of the three venues of attack that I know of. The second is the Ombudsman, and the third is the environmental advocacy group that has likewise filed suit a few weeks back.)

No worries, extra Beer Money will pay.....Ontarians love their Beer!

Follow the $$... They're regretting now and doing damage control. Buck a beer is a distraction at best. That German company will sue since Tesla is suing. No sane company will lets a major project get shutdown without a fight or at least a challenge with the WTO.

Hear, Hear.....Follow the money!
Ontarians elect a "Slogan Happy Premier" who speaks first BEFORE thinking through its ramifications!
Politics 101 at its best!

I suppose the grandiose plan is to up-sell millions more bottles of beer and use increased Ontario tax revenue to
pay for the legal challenges coming down the pipeline!
What a brilliant strategy!

News Headlines
Tesla sues Buck a Beer Premier for discrimination
Bellwood Windfarms seeks $100 million dollars from Buck a Beer Leader
Clean Air Feds impose Carbon Tax that Beer Guy won't swallow

Last edited:
I just submitted a change order to Tesla yesterday to upgrade to the AWD model. This morning I find out Tesla is suing. Now I'm on the fence, should I ask them to keep my original RWD order that I submitted on June 21st or upgrade. This whole situation has been driving me nuts since beginning of July :)

Yeah, it's getting a little crazy with cap and trade fallout. Everyone warned them about it and they try to push through. 2.9 billion + lawyer fees have them back peddling. It'll be a fun four years of "Buck a Beer". If Tesla wins, there will be class action lawsuits from every person that cancelled + switched their order from LR PUP RWD in Ontario.

I would stick with the AWD order, that's 100%. The lawsuit/outcome of cap and trade is unknown. Should the PC's lose on both fronts, you can join the class action for lost of rebate / mental stress / unfair target by Bill 4 etc.

Reactions: Iggy663
upload_2018-8-16_8-51-53.png

Not sure this is going to do anything....the lawsuit won’t be resolved before Sept 11, most people haven’t got a VIN yet so likeliness of getting delivered anyways before cut off date is slim. Then Govt could say the delivery wasn’t guaranteed anyways because delivery window was Aug-Oct for LR RWD.

If this really happened where is the communication to all of the “normal” People who placed an order who don’t spend time on these forums...I know it’s time consuming to commit insider trading but still seems like a good thing to inform your customers you did

Does anyone have a good Tesla contact? I ordered a LR RWD in mid-June and still do not have a VIN. Has anyone received their VIN on orders placed in June and before July 11th?

No VIN. My edit button is gone but no VIN. Ordered RWD June 11, changed to AWD June 28, then back to RWD when it I realized its not on the EHVIP on June 29th. When I originally ordered on June 11 the delivery window was 4-8 weeks, now its Aug - Oct.