Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spoke to Tesla rep. He said they’ve now communicated with the government and the rebate is revoked for all model 3 reservation holders regardless of whether or not you booked before the 11th because the basically tried to screw over Tesla with the language and have it be confusing to avoid backlash. So no rebate. The ministry doesn’t even know when you call them!!

That is just wrong. I ordered before the election on June 6. Even installed a charger.

No one who doesn’t have a plated Tesla before July 11th is getting the rebate. I had a contract from June 21st and will not get the rebate. Tesla is calling everyone who had a contract to tell them personally.
That mighty kind of Tesla - quite the class act (unlike others who shall remain nameless).

Did Tesla say if they’d be willing to allow full refunds on cancellations?

Such a sad day...

Yup, don’t worry your charger is still eligible (dripping with sarcasm). Apparently the government is composing a press release so it’s more clear. Tesla lawyers are looking into it to see what can be done, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

You'd think the government would compose a clear press release, you know, before they actually release the news. So much for the "orderly" wind down. This is like ripping off a bandaid. The optimist in me says this isn't the end of the story. I hope I'm right.

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
You'd think the government would compose a clear press release, you know, before they actually release the news. So much for the "orderly" wind down. This is like ripping off a bandaid. The optimist in me says this isn't the end of the story. I hope I'm right.
Doug Ford doesn’t care about Tesla owners, he made that very clear by calling them “Liberal Insiders”, “Downtown Elitists”, and “millionaires”. I bet he is getting a kick out of watching us scramble.

Reactions: Canuck
I just called Tesla as well. What I was told is that they don’t have a clear answer yet and are still communicating with the government. They said they will have more answers in the next few days.
Did you speak to someone in Ontario? Because the guy who sold me the car is the one who called to tell me. He said it was a very recent development. I really hope you’re right though!

I would hold off doing anything until at least 10 working days later, who knows what may happens. May be we will have a better pictures when the summer session begins.

The thing I'm worry about is if I cancel or put my money towards a future purchase, and the word is exactly as what it states, "All order before July 11 is good".

I must say "Tesla" is very classy. If we are dealing with another auto dealer, they would just say "Too bad", contract is a contract, you are responsible for it.

btw, I don't think Ontario Tesla knows what's going on either.

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
We have to understand that this is not Tesla’s fault. We should all reach out to our MPP and make our voices heard, tweet Ford Nation and let everyone know how unfair this is. If there is enough noise, maybe they will change this just like he deadline for home reno rebates was extended for those who already have a contract.

Reactions: M109Rider