Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The trend seems to be I wont get the car if I hasn't cancelled. Mine would be a Blue color.

From the looks of it, Tesla won't be able to deliver all the orders before Sep 10. What I think Tesla is doing is to deliver as many cars as possible before Sep 10, after that, go after the government for those one that they miss and also those one that cancel.

I think Tesla will have a valid point, has Tesla be included in the initial offer, I am sure Tesla won't have any problem to fulfill all orders that are placed before July 11.

My side of story is I will take a look at it again if and when I get the offer. Ohhh, btw I don't smoke weed :)

Oakville was positively stuffed with cars when I was there around 2:30. I was picking my Model 3 up from service and they were putting new cars to be delivered anywhere they could possibly fit!

Ya picked up last night from Oakville. It was rammed with M3's! The highest percentage were black. Although it was a bit quick for me I was just happy to be getting it!!

Reactions: Techniques
The trend seems to be I wont get the car if I hasn't cancelled. Mine would be a Blue color.

From the looks of it, Tesla won't be able to deliver all the orders before Sep 10. What I think Tesla is doing is to deliver as many cars as possible before Sep 10, after that, go after the government for those one that they miss and also those one that cancel.

I think Tesla will have a valid point, has Tesla be included in the initial offer, I am sure Tesla won't have any problem to fulfill all orders that are placed before July 11.

My side of story is I will take a look at it again if and when I get the offer. Ohhh, btw I don't smoke weed :)
Why is that? None of the blues one are being delivered prior to Sep 10th?

Can anyone confirm final bill / cheque required for pick up?
My final contract hasn’t been drawn up yet but want to get a certified check ready ahead of time (picking up Monday 6:30pm).

Think it’s a couple hundred over the estimated $71,311.35 on the web site?

Blue, LR , 18” areo wheels

Thanks!

My final contract hasn’t been drawn up yet but want to get a certified check ready ahead of time (picking up Monday 6:30pm).

Thanks!

I had a cheque for the estimated amount then the contract was posted on the same day as pick up. Called and was advised to simply bring a personal check of the difference—couple hundred dollars.

Thanks!
I just texted my account manager to make sure that the money order is made out to “ Tesla Motors Canada ULC”. The amount is over and above the 4200 already paid. I hope this helps.

Thanks!
Our total cost for a mightnight silver without EAP was pretty close to $75k. That’s not subtracting your deposit, etc just the cost of the car.

Picked up car. 4 other black ones on the Toronto Lawrence lot also apparently have the inch and a half diameter front head cap (lower center right transport bumper cap) missing exposing some circuitry and possibly tow-related threaded manifold. I taped mine up until they ship me the part that I apparently just snap in.

Picked up my car tonight from Lawrence. The lot was jammed with cars including all the supercharger spots. Inside wasn’t too busy with maybe 3 parties waiting around. The person handling our delivery (different from our Delivery Advisor) said that they’ve been doing 30-40 deliveries per day which is a lot for their location. He also said they’ve been working 14hr days including this coming Sunday to try and get as many people as possible their cars. Later in the month, a big push is happening at International Centre.

I had a minor scare when I first got there as the reception person couldn’t find my name in their system. :eek: “Are you sure you have an appointment today?” :eek::eek::eek: Cleared that up after a few anxious minutes.

Talked with the delivery handler while we finished paperwork. We handed over the bank draft and signed for the car without even seeing it. A big leap of faith - with a $14k cushion. ;)

My Model 3 was parked inside the service area as it was starting to get dark outside. I used a flashlight anyway to take a close look at the paint, interior, etc.

My car has a few issues which will need to be resolved:
- minor paint scratches on the rear bumper and side skirt (will need to visit a body shop to address)
- big scratches on the chrome trim (service centre will replace)
- one of the rear windows doesn’t retract properly when closing the door resulting in the window glass hitting the frame. :eek: The service tech ran some diagnostics but couldn’t resolve it. I’ll have to bring it again for a full investigation. :(

So overall, far from perfect, but they were apologetic and I have no doubt they will fix everything eventually to my satisfaction. I spent about 2 hours in total, maybe 30 min of waiting and 1.5 hrs paperwork and inspection/troubleshooting. At no point did they rush me.

Some pains for sure but... then I drove it for the first time. Holy *sugar*!! :D Effortless acceleration, super quiet (just tire noise), and go kart handling! So fun to drive! I’m surprisingly not worried at all about the flaws and just want to go drive without a destination in mind! Can’t wait til tomorrow so I can see it in full daylight and play some more.

It’s been a crazy ride. Good luck to those taking delivery over the next few days. Hope to see you on the road. Happy (electric) motoring!

Picked up my car tonight from Lawrence. The lot was jammed with cars including all the supercharger spots. Inside wasn’t too busy with maybe 3 parties waiting around. The person handling our delivery (different from our Delivery Advisor) said that they’ve been doing 30-40 deliveries per day which is a lot for their location. He also said they’ve been working 14hr days including this coming Sunday to try and get as many people as possible their cars. Later in the month, a big push is happening at International Centre.

I had a minor scare when I first got there as the reception person couldn’t find my name in their system. :eek: “Are you sure you have an appointment today?” :eek::eek::eek: Cleared that up after a few anxious minutes.

Talked with the delivery handler while we finished paperwork. We handed over the bank draft and signed for the car without even seeing it. A big leap of faith - with a $14k cushion. ;)

My Model 3 was parked inside the service area as it was starting to get dark outside. I used a flashlight anyway to take a close look at the paint, interior, etc.

My car has a few issues which will need to be resolved:
- minor paint scratches on the rear bumper and side skirt (will need to visit a body shop to address)
- big scratches on the chrome trim (service centre will replace)
- one of the rear windows doesn’t retract properly when closing the door resulting in the window glass hitting the frame. :eek: The service tech ran some diagnostics but couldn’t resolve it. I’ll have to bring it again for a full investigation. :(

So overall, far from perfect, but they were apologetic and I have no doubt they will fix everything eventually to my satisfaction. I spent about 2 hours in total, maybe 30 min of waiting and 1.5 hrs paperwork and inspection/troubleshooting. At no point did they rush me.

Some pains for sure but... then I drove it for the first time. Holy *sugar*!! :D Effortless acceleration, super quiet (just tire noise), and go kart handling! So fun to drive! I’m surprisingly not worried at all about the flaws and just want to go drive without a destination in mind! Can’t wait til tomorrow so I can see it in full daylight and play some more.

It’s been a crazy ride. Good luck to those taking delivery over the next few days. Hope to see you on the road. Happy (electric) motoring!
Congrats Ludatik! I had the same experience at Oakville. The DA was friendly and helpful. I took my time and wasn't rushed. I didn't receive a copy of my paperwork though. Did you?

Picked up in Toronto yesterday and was very much rushed through the process. (less than 30 mins) Was given the basics on vehicle ops and then asked to move my car from the delivery area to the rear parking lot if I needed more time with the car before leaving. Only issue I am having is with the rear passenger door not shutting properly requiring an extra push at times so will address that later. Was also surprised that the car was delivered with a software upgrade pending (which completed last night).

Congrats Ludatik! I had the same experience at Oakville. The DA was friendly and helpful. I took my time and wasn't rushed. I didn't receive a copy of my paperwork though. Did you?

Yes, I got printed hard copies of the paperwork. However, the bulk of it is exactly the same as what’s on your online account. There’s 1 additional “Delivery Declaration” document that I had to sign but the version I have has no signatures on it. They also gave me copies of my drivers license, bank draft, insurance slip, ownership. The key documents for the rebate are all online so you’re not missing anything really.

Did everyone taking delivery recently get the little die cast red Model 3? I was oddly looking forward to it and was not disappointed. :)

Picked mine up today and yes I got the little red model 3. The car is a dream and drives amazing. Mine only had 1 or 2 minor scratches. The delivery was a great experience (Oakville) and the delivery assistant took all the time we needed to go over everything. I am really impressed with Tesla not only with their handling of the whole Ford rebate fiasco but their product as well. We definitely made the right choice choosing this car (irrespective of the rebate).

Picked mine up today and yes I got the little red model 3. The car is a dream and drives amazing. Mine only had 1 or 2 minor scratches. The delivery was a great experience (Oakville) and the delivery assistant took all the time we needed to go over everything. I am really impressed with Tesla not only with their handling of the whole Ford rebate fiasco but their product as well. We definitely made the right choice choosing this car (irrespective of the rebate).
Awesome to see the cars rolling in. For issues couch as scratches, does Tesla fix this through a future service appointment?