Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 3/25 and build is set for mid April

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All tasks completed including uploading my insurance card.
I can't add insurance info until a VIN# is listed and I have the Insurance company send me an updated policy with the insurance showing the Tesla added. That cost me $$$ to insure it before day of delivery so I have to wait on the insurance info when I have a ready for pickup date. This was true with my MS a year ago. Allstate will email me a pdf copy as soon as I have the VIN#.

I can't add insurance info until a VIN# is listed and I have the Insurance company send me an updated policy with the insurance showing the Tesla added. That cost me $$$ to insure it before day of delivery so I have to wait on the insurance info when I have a ready for pickup date. This was true with my MS a year ago. Allstate will email me a pdf copy as soon as I have the VIN#.
In California I believe you are allowed to use existing insurance for up to about 30 days without putting the new VIN on. So it's state dependent. I also verified with the SA, he said everything looks good he sees my insurance is completed as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: TravelFree