Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean who drives the Oregon Coast on 101 in the summer…..
I did this trip 2 years ago before covid got crazy (we were in the middle of our trip when the lockdowns made finding restrooms and food much harder).

I-5 from LA to Washington (my aunt lives in Sequim, but we went to Poulsbo)

And on the way back did pch / us101.

The addition of the fort Bragg super (which wasn't available 2 years ago) sure would have made things a lot easier.

I did end up charging 2 or 3 times using chademo, and one night at a motel, disconnected their 6-20 for the airCon, and instead plugged in the car for 3 hours.

Attachments

• 1654927880433.png
    1654927880433.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I just relooked at the route I took 2 years ago, and since then they've added about 20 more ccs/chademo locations on the west coast electrical highway (WCEH).

$50/mo flat fee use all the power you want...

Reactions: Rocky_H
I just got back from a trip out into Oregon all last week. We were in Cannon Beach mostly, but into Seaside a couple of times and a day trip back into Portland. Wow, the one in Hillsboro that goes over toward the coast on U.S. 26 is super busy. I saw two or three cars waiting a couple of times.

I just got back from a trip out into Oregon all last week. We were in Cannon Beach mostly, but into Seaside a couple of times and a day trip back into Portland. Wow, the one in Hillsboro that goes over toward the coast on U.S. 26 is super busy. I saw two or three cars waiting a couple of times.
What time of day was it? Just curious, cus that place is always empty when I drove by, lol. It's usually mid morning or late afternoon when I drove by. I was just there about half an hour ago, haha.

What time of day was it? Just curious, cus that place is always empty when I drove by, lol. It's usually mid morning or late afternoon when I drove by. I was just there about half an hour ago, haha.
What? Wow. Mid morning and late afternoon is when we were there. We went two consecutive days this past week. Saturday about evening, like 6 PM or so, and then the next day, Sunday (yesterday) late morning, like 11 AM. It was almost totally full both times. Saturday, we got one of I think three spaces left and the others filled shortly after, and Sunday, we got the very last one, and then there were a couple of cars waiting within a minute or two later.

Are you sure you're thinking of the Hillsboro one, in the Target parking lot?

Just thought I would make the general observation here that we have seen an IMMENSE amount of Superchargers activated in Oregon recently. In the past few weeks alone:

Sutherlin (51 stalls) - February 17, 2023
Downtown Portland - Fox Tower (4 stalls) - February 9, 2023
Beaverton (12 stalls) - January 31, 2023
Woodburn (Addition of 4 stalls to existing location) - Noticed on January 30, 2023 (could very well have been active for a while before)
Portland Airport - IKEA (16 stalls) - January 26, 2023
Creswell (8 stalls) - January 24, 2023
Hood River - Anchor Way (16 stalls) - January 20, 2023

At a minimum (not including Woodburn), this is 6 new locations with 107 new stalls in the past month in Oregon. Astounding progress.

Just thought I would make the general observation here that we have seen an IMMENSE amount of Superchargers activated in Oregon recently. In the past few weeks alone:

Sutherlin (51 stalls) - February 17, 2023
Downtown Portland - Fox Tower (4 stalls) - February 9, 2023
Beaverton (12 stalls) - January 31, 2023
Woodburn (Addition of 4 stalls to existing location) - Noticed on January 30, 2023 (could very well have been active for a while before)
Portland Airport - IKEA (16 stalls) - January 26, 2023
Creswell (8 stalls) - January 24, 2023
Hood River - Anchor Way (16 stalls) - January 20, 2023

At a minimum (not including Woodburn), this is 6 new locations with 107 new stalls in the past month in Oregon. Astounding progress.
Good news! I especially note the improvement for "non-I5 corridor" and "non-large population centers". My personal 'problem' (concern)
with Oregon super charger locations is that they don't serve the drivers who are not just passing thru (as well as those who are or who are
staying in the larger population centers). Oregon, to me, is a place to explore and many of the treasures of Oregon are not "along I-5". - Oldrocky

I will eat my earlier words about Tesla putting in infrastructure for other company's installations. Speaking with people from the Port of Morrow and SAGE Center, the current expansion is an expansion of the Oregon Electric Byway which is itself part of the West Coast Electric Highway (EVCS). Guessing they are extending the Columbia River Gorge portion. Look for a Shell Recharge station to be in place by the end of Q1.

I don't follow this thread often... but I drove past an install that, for Tesla, is way out of place and a bit over the top today.
Salem Oregon is getting quite a bit of love. This site is something new.... location is SE Mission Street. Huge Tesla sign went up -- and that's what's odd. Tesla rarely puts up big T signs. In addition to the building, there are new 12 SC Stalls ... and in the back there are more stalls.
Is this the sign of either a sales office / service center? I would have taken night time photos... but surely someone has some daylight photos... its really obvious.
The office space is fully in Tesla's style and the interior looks complete for a sales office.

-TechVP

I don't follow this thread often... but I drove past an install that, for Tesla, is way out of place and a bit over the top today.
Salem Oregon is getting quite a bit of love. This site is something new.... location is SE Mission Street. Huge Tesla sign went up -- and that's what's odd. Tesla rarely puts up big T signs. In addition to the building, there are new 12 SC Stalls ... and in the back there are more stalls.
Is this the sign of either a sales office / service center? I would have taken night time photos... but surely someone has some daylight photos... its really obvious.
The office space is fully in Tesla's style and the interior looks complete for a sales office.

-TechVP
There are a couple threads about it. Here's the one for the supercharger:

-TechVP
Definitely a sales/Service center with 12 superchargers out front for the public and likely 4 in the back for service.

Just drove from Cali up to Washington .. noticed an SC on my screen with 50 (yes 50!) free stalls mid-way up Oregon west of I-5. Anyone been to this location? I'm curious if my car was just going crazy or if Tesla really put a mega-SC location there?

Reactions: TigardZ