Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of curiosity, what do you hate about your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate the fact that I got a puncture the other day late in the evening in the middle of nowhere

... and I called Tesla who couldn't arrange to bring me a wheel free of charge due to the time of day, so they arranged a tow (flat bad) 40 miles home completely free of charge. Got home less than an hour late.
Makes Audi service look miserable in comparison.

also apologies to the contributors from Norway, but whenever I have had to call Tesla I always end up with really helpful and knowledgable Norwegian support people - perhaps I should not call in future to help you get better service ;-)

Hate the fact that as try as I can to find something to hate about it - I love it

Reactions: David29
What I don't like? The intermittent glitches:

Like when it tries to open my garage door a kilometer from home (humorously often - I think the GPS and cell geolocation are fighting with each other).

Audio coming back on when you start the car (I roll the audio down to zero when I get out).

A weird tendency to revert to radio when I was last listening to Slacker. Rarely, vice-versa.

Displaying a default 50 kph for no reason, when it knows perfectly well what the speed limit is, or it least it did yesterday. BONG! Also that disables autopilot when that happens, because you're on a highway and it wants to limit you to a crawl.

1. Navigation
2. Inability to turn off bluetooth so car keeps stealing my iPhone connection when I don't want it to.

Very early on this didn't happen. It would only grab the bluetooth audio when you wanted it to. Then sometime in 2013 I think it started swallowing all bluetooth sounds. That is quite annoying.

Hate that I didn't have money to burn on a 100. Love my 75. Annoyed that the Nav is so much worse than either Google Maps or Waze. Hate that my wife's Audi (Which I really do hate) at least has Carplay and I don't. REALLY don't like not having Spotify.

Most of these comments don't seem to rise to level of "hate" and many are areas where Tesla could fix the issues if they wished to, such as the ones related to software. Plus I did not see any that had not been the subject of plenty of past comments -- nothing much new, in other words. Just an observation.
Which reinforces the idea that people are generally very satisfied with their Tesla cars, as shown by surveys by Consumer reports and others.

Not sure if this counts, but what I kind of hate about my Tesla is how it has made me obsess over learning every single thing about it, and wanting to continue to do so, since I started looking into getting one around 4 months ago. As an example, my pre-sleep routine of reading my eBooks has been replaced with checking out Tesla-related videos on YouTube and posts on various sites, particularly TMC. :) I've learned a ton but it seems like there's still so much to be learned. It feels like the time I've spent doing all of that is not healthy and that I need to better balance it out with everything else going forward. I'm sure some of this is just the excitement over owning a new car and it being an EV, but none of my previous cars has ever intrigued me like this.

There are some annoyances that I have with the car, though they are all minor in the grand scheme of things:
1. Inability to play/navigate music playlists on my phone.
2. Design of rear view mirror is such that it's practically useless.
3. Non-existent door-side compartment.
4. Wish the armrest was 2-3 inches more forward.
5. No way to display date on the dash screen (Tesla, seriously?).

Reactions: David29
New with my Tela - exaclty1 month with it - so not a lot of hate but here some things that I wish were different:
  • Ability to plan a route from my phone and send it to my car. Same thing for sending any Gmaps link and hate it ready when I get in
  • Spotify
  • Profiles on the passanger seat
  • Ability to schedule when to stop charging
  • Ability to schedule charging from the App
  • Multiple users on the Tesla App
  • Better navigation, maybe is that I'm just to used to Gmaps but I definitly find it annoying that I don't know when the next exit is going to be unless I look on the center dashboard
  • Blindspot detection
I love my car so far but it is missing a few things :)

Reactions: incrediwoah
expensive (price, insurance)
expensive and time consuming when body work is needed

Agree with you on purchase price, especially here in Canada where we are subject to $US exchange rate and the fact that the car is not NAFTA-eligible and has Canadian duty added to the price. (Not that NAFTA is going to be an issue much longer :))

But oddly, mine was less expensive to insure than the Cadillac CTS it replaced. Not sure why being a much more expensive car... but not complaining!

• Informative
Reactions: David99
New with my Tela - exaclty1 month with it - so not a lot of hate but here some things that I wish were different:
  • Ability to plan a route from my phone and send it to my car. Same thing for sending any Gmaps link and hate it ready when I get in
  • Spotify
  • Profiles on the passanger seat
  • Ability to schedule when to stop charging
  • Ability to schedule charging from the App
  • Multiple users on the Tesla App
  • Better navigation, maybe is that I'm just to used to Gmaps but I definitly find it annoying that I don't know when the next exit is going to be unless I look on the center dashboard
  • Blindspot detection
I love my car so far but it is missing a few things :)

Definitely agree on the planning routes and profiles!

Not sure if this counts, but what I kind of hate about my Tesla is how it has made me obsess over learning every single thing about it, and wanting to continue to do so, since I started looking into getting one around 4 months ago. As an example, my pre-sleep routine of reading my eBooks has been replaced with checking out Tesla-related videos on YouTube and posts on various sites, particularly TMC. :) I've learned a ton but it seems like there's still so much to be learned. It feels like the time I've spent doing all of that is not healthy and that I need to better balance it out with everything else going forward. I'm sure some of this is just the excitement over owning a new car and it being an EV, but none of my previous cars has ever intrigued me like this.
^This. And I don't even own mine yet. :)

• Helpful
Reactions: Bheuring