Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P75D Model S???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this parked today. I this for real or just stickers?
img_2341-jpg-jpg.198308

Attachments

• IMG_2341.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_2341.JPG.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 380
Last edited by a moderator:
That wasn't the question. The question is "is it real" i.e. an actual P75D. Anyone can buy real emblems from the Tesla parts counter.

My vote is that it's not real since Tesla has never sold or advertised a P75D.

Yeah, I always heard that the larger battery was required in order to get the performance numbers that the P90D and the P100D can achieve.
When I first saw this, I did a search and cannot find anything on Tesla offering this ever. So I suspect it's a silly sticker job from a new Tesla owner not realizing what they are doing.

I laughed because everyone at work acts like I drive a "P"70D, even though some of their cars cost just as much if not more than mine...

There was also that British magazine review recently of a Model S which kept referring to the car as a "P70D" I think. Does bring me back to the 75kw announcement though... I was really hoping the bigger battery would knock a few tenths off the 0-60 time.

Wishful thinking but maybe this is a Model 3 chassis being tested with a Model S shell on it

I thought the model 3 was going to be a smaller car. How would a model s shell fit into a smaller model 3 chassis?

This is exactly what a Tesla employee told us when we visited the Fremont factory in July. That you likely won't see any M3 mules driving around (at least not for a while), because they will be well disguised as Model S. You'll have to look inside for M3 clues.

And even if it were a M3 in MS skin, they surely wouldn't badge it as a potential M3 trim line.

This is exactly what a Tesla employee told us when we visited the Fremont factory in July. That you likely won't see any M3 mules driving around (at least not for a while), because they will be well disguised as Model S. You'll have to look inside for M3 clues.

And even if it were a M3 in MS skin, they surely wouldn't badge it as a potential M3 trim line.

Wouldn't the wheelbase be shorter on the M3 frame?