Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20190109-091709_Samsung Internet.jpg

100%-6% charge shows 60.2kwh used. I am waiting to hear back from my S.C.. worse case I will requestthek to take it back and pick another car. I would prefer to just get the updated battery in this one.
How did you get on trying to get a replacement? I've been doing some power testing today and could only get 430kw @ 90% SOC so disappointed. Max range I've seen is 243miles @100% on a warm day. Wondering whether to chase the SC about a replacement pack

Thanks...does anyone know if 13% degradation would constitute a lemon law case?

No it would not. On the Model 3 Tesla warranty kicks in after 30% degradation during the warranty period. The Model S&X warranty specifically excludes any level of gradual degradation. My guess is that if you had 30% degradation and still didn't have a failed module that Tesla would replace the battery, but they wouldn't have to.

And just to be sure how are you calculating the 13% loss? (We have seen other people report a percentage that was calculated totally wrong.)

Reactions: neroden
No it would not. On the Model 3 Tesla warranty kicks in after 30% degradation during the warranty period. The Model S&X warranty specifically excludes any level of gradual degradation. My guess is that if you had 30% degradation and still didn't have a failed module that Tesla would replace the battery, but they wouldn't have to.

And just to be sure how are you calculating the 13% loss? (We have seen other people report a percentage that was calculated totally wrong.)

I’m filing a lemon law suit. 294-256=38/294=13%

That is the V3 battery. My P85D was also just replaced with the same battery. I’ve already logged and seen as high as 506kw. This was also on an 18* day. I plan to mess with it more when it is warmer. When it was first dropped off I was also seeing around 470 at 65% which is still quite a bit more than the old 85 numbers. I would also like to see a 10.x time slip some time this year.

REALLY wish my P85DL battery would hurry up and die:rolleyes:

How did you get on trying to get a replacement? I've been doing some power testing today and could only get 430kw @ 90% SOC so disappointed. Max range I've seen is 243miles @100% on a warm day. Wondering whether to chase the SC about a replacement pack

What's wrong with these values? Looks like your battery is perfectly fine. Was the 430KW with max battery ready? If not, then 430KW is normal for a new 1500 amp 85 battery.

Reactions: neroden
What's wrong with these values? Looks like your battery is perfectly fine. Was the 430KW with max battery ready? If not, then 430KW is normal for a new 1500 amp 85 battery.
It's a P90DL. I thought I'd get more output but guess I'm being over optimistic. I didn't have max battery ready actually so guess that would've helped. How do we know when max battery power is ready now with this new ludicrous plus software update?

Your 100% range pretty much matches my "typical" 100% range of 241 miles. 2016 P90DL V1 battery 34k miles AP1. I haven't measured kW.

It's a P90DL. I thought I'd get more output but guess I'm being over optimistic. I didn't have max battery ready actually so guess that would've helped. How do we know when max battery power is ready now with this new ludicrous plus software update?
The L+ button is not working on 2019.12.1.1 on mine nor other AP1 etc. There are other threads covering this Tesla mess if you weren't aware.

James