Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery went very smoothly, they had several people taking delivery simultaneously but mine was charging so I got to inspect it separate from the crowd. Two small alignment issues: rear driver side door and right rear wheel well which they already noted for service appointment. Other than that just several areas with residual adhesive and a few small stains on the white seats which they took care of right there. Ride home was fantastic but mobile charger didn’t work when I got home so will have to call about that tomorrow. I was fully charged from the delivery center so plenty of range left to sort it out and get the home charger installed.

Other comments that I hadn’t heard/seen in my hours of research and YouTube watching: the car isn’t available on the mobile app right away so had to use the key card and will have to wait to upgrade to EAP when it’s all registered. The cameras took about 15 minutes of driving to calibrate before the visuals of other cars were displaying. Autopilot is turned off by default and I hadn’t noticed that so I didn’t get to try it out on the drive home.

I have never had so much fun driving and it felt so good knowing I wouldn’t have to fill up at the pump anymore!

70A118AD-FF61-4DE1-93D6-09028479EFAF.jpeg

Delivery went very smoothly, they had several people taking delivery simultaneously but mine was charging so I got to inspect it separate from the crowd. Two small alignment issues: rear driver side door and right rear wheel well which they already noted for service appointment. Other than that just several areas with residual adhesive and a few small stains on the white seats which they took care of right there. Ride home was fantastic but mobile charger didn’t work when I got home so will have to call about that tomorrow. I was fully charged from the delivery center so plenty of range left to sort it out and get the home charger installed.

Other comments that I hadn’t heard/seen in my hours of research and YouTube watching: the car isn’t available on the mobile app right away so had to use the key card and will have to wait to upgrade to EAP when it’s all registered. The cameras took about 15 minutes of driving to calibrate before the visuals of other cars were displaying. Autopilot is turned off by default and I hadn’t noticed that so I didn’t get to try it out on the drive home.

I have never had so much fun driving and it felt so good knowing I wouldn’t have to fill up at the pump anymore!

View attachment 593196
Awesome! Congrats on the MY. Enjoy!!

Deep breath....this might be long.

I contacted Tesla chat today, because my sales advisor's default response to any inquiry is "we will reach out when a vin is assigned." I've asked them to call me if any other configuration comes around. They never do. I know this because I've called in and asked and they've found other configs, then they're gone by the time I call back after speaking with my wife about it.

I tell Tesla chat of my issue. I was told when I ordered 8/28 that it was 2-4 weeks. I was then told to setup my account completion as quickly as possible to ensure delivery. So I setup my financing, take a hard inquiry to my credit repoort and get financing setup. Now 4 weeks have gone by. I assume by now my financing will most likely become obsolete and need pulled again.

The telsa chat advisor informs me to "ensure profile completion as soon as possible to ensure delivery."

I ask the guy if he's even read the message I typed above stating that I completed my profile 30 days ago. He tells me to "hang tight as we take steps to get you your vehicle as quickly as possible, however, our current delivery estimate is 4-8 weeks from order placed date. Please ensure profile completion for faster delivery!"

At this point I'm about to lose my mind.

So I get the pleasure of taking not one....but TWO hits at the minimum to my credit report just to buy a damn car? Lovely. Who's to say this time around they'll actually deliver my vehicle? Maybe 3rd time will be the charm?

Not one damn person at Tesla will give me any type of simple straight answer other than a canned response. I am livid. So for this whole experience my credit has dropped 10 points for absolutely nothing but stress and frustration on my end, and it will most definetly drop again when they pull my credit a second time, and hey...lets hope they don't further undervalue my trade in and my APR isn't higher than the first time.

I am at my wits end at this point. Its not even the wait. I don't really care if the car takes 5-6 weeks to come in...but the lie of it coming in 2-4 and then everyone at Tesla's ambivalence toward my order is infurriating. I feel more like a valued customer from buying a $5 box of crayons from amazon than I do purchasing a $50k+ luxury vehicle from Tesla.

I just don't even know what to do at this point.

Deep breath....this might be long.

I contacted Tesla chat today, because my sales advisor's default response to any inquiry is "we will reach out when a vin is assigned." I've asked them to call me if any other configuration comes around. They never do. I know this because I've called in and asked and they've found other configs, then they're gone by the time I call back after speaking with my wife about it.

I tell Tesla chat of my issue. I was told when I ordered 8/28 that it was 2-4 weeks. I was then told to setup my account completion as quickly as possible to ensure delivery. So I setup my financing, take a hard inquiry to my credit repoort and get financing setup. Now 4 weeks have gone by. I assume by now my financing will most likely become obsolete and need pulled again.

The telsa chat advisor informs me to "ensure profile completion as soon as possible to ensure delivery."

I ask the guy if he's even read the message I typed above stating that I completed my profile 30 days ago. He tells me to "hang tight as we take steps to get you your vehicle as quickly as possible, however, our current delivery estimate is 4-8 weeks from order placed date. Please ensure profile completion for faster delivery!"

At this point I'm about to lose my mind.

So I get the pleasure of taking not one....but TWO hits at the minimum to my credit report just to buy a damn car? Lovely. Who's to say this time around they'll actually deliver my vehicle? Maybe 3rd time will be the charm?

Not one damn person at Tesla will give me any type of simple straight answer other than a canned response. I am livid. So for this whole experience my credit has dropped 10 points for absolutely nothing but stress and frustration on my end, and it will most definetly drop again when they pull my credit a second time, and hey...lets hope they don't further undervalue my trade in and my APR isn't higher than the first time.

I am at my wits end at this point. Its not even the wait. I don't really care if the car takes 5-6 weeks to come in...but the lie of it coming in 2-4 and then everyone at Tesla's ambivalence toward my order is infurriating. I feel more like a valued customer from buying a $5 box of crayons from amazon than I do purchasing a $50k+ luxury vehicle from Tesla.

I just don't even know what to do at this point.
Man that is frustrating. Make sure to send this on email again to your SA, the service center and to tesla north America and keep sending it once every few days till you hear back. Any chance you can physically go to your service center and demand answers?
Do you mind sharing the name of your SA and the service center?
I'm in the same boat as you. My financing expired end of October which is within the 7 weeks that the online estimator showed me. But I'm very confident it won't happen

Man that is frustrating. Make sure to send this on email again to your SA, the service center and to tesla north America and keep sending it once every few days till you hear back. Any chance you can physically go to your service center and demand answers?
Do you mind sharing the name of your SA and the service center?
I'm in the same boat as you. My financing expired end of October which is within the 7 weeks that the online estimator showed me. But I'm very confident it won't happen

I'm not far from the service center, but I honestly doubt it will do any good. I'm sure I'll get the same responses I get via email and phone calls. "We're still waiting on a VIN."

I don't want to be an asshole to anyone, and honestly don't think it would help my situation if I were to be.

Its the wexford PA service center I'm dealing with.

Reactions: evowners2020
Had a good experience overall at Devon for my pickup today. A few panel gaps in the driver side rear pillar but I’m not a picky person and was OK with them. Found a few small smudges on the white interior and dash which were addressed right away; small paint gouge on the driver side rear door well which was touched up with a clear coat type finish, had that touched up on site as well.

I thought I read enough of the owners manual, but using AP on the way home I realized I needed a refresher

Reactions: evowners2020
Update.

I spoke with my SA today to inquire about my financing. It expires October 4th, so I have a hard inquiry on my credit report now that's dropped my score 10 points for basically nothing. I was informed back when I ordered that I needed everything setup on my account in order to be put in line for a vehicle so thats what I did. Now, if/when I get assigned a vehicle I'll have to have another hard inquiry to my credit report and cross my fingers that the delivery actually goes through.

My SA told me she has no idea when my car will become availalbe as they don't know the production schedule for the Model Y since its different from everything else because its a US only car right now.

At this point, I'm in the $100 order fee, I bought a wall charger that was $530 after tax. So $630 I've spent so far and no ETA on my vehicle. I think I'm going to give it until when I have the electrician scheduled to install the charger (october 20th) and if they don't have any info on my car I'm going to just try to sell the wall charger and eat the loss and probably cancel my order. I have never felt this mistreated as a customer in all the years I've bought things. The amount of misinformation and flat out wrong information over the last month is staggering, and I'm not sure I want to give my money to a company that obviously doesn't give two squirts about their customer.

It is baffling to me that I was told to set up financing, or otherwise not be prioritzed for a vehicle, only to never end up getting a vehicle anyway. So now I will have a hard inquiry on my credit report for 2 years for a car I have yet to recieve, and then have the privalege of a second one in some unknown time in the future since the Tesla SA's have absolutely no idea what is actually going on with my car.

This entire process is so insane and so unfriendly to the customer, its baffling.

Last edited:
Update.

I spoke with my SA today to inquire about my financing. It expires October 4th, so I have a hard inquiry on my credit report now that's dropped my score 10 points for basically nothing. I was informed back when I ordered that I needed everything setup on my account in order to be put in line for a vehicle so thats what I did. Now, if/when I get assigned a vehicle I'll have to have another hard inquiry to my credit report and cross my fingers that the delivery actually goes through.

My SA told me she has no idea when my car will become availalbe as they don't know the production schedule for the Model Y since its different from everything else because its a US only car right now.

At this point, I'm in the $100 order fee, I bought a wall charger that was $530 after tax. So $630 I've spent so far and no ETA on my vehicle. I think I'm going to give it until when I have the electrician scheduled to install the charger (october 20th) and if they don't have any info on my car I'm going to just try to sell the wall charger and eat the loss and probably cancel my order. I have never felt this mistreated as a customer in all the years I've bought things. The amount of misinformation and flat out wrong information over the last month is staggering, and I'm not sure I want to give my money to a company that obviously doesn't give two squirts about their customer.

It is baffling to me that I was told to set up financing, or otherwise not be prioritzed for a vehicle, only to never end up getting a vehicle anyway. So now I will have a hard inquiry on my credit report for 2 years for a car I have yet to recieve, and then have the privalege of a second one in some unknown time in the future since the Tesla SA's have absolutely no idea what is actually going on with my car.

This entire process is so insane and so unfriendly to the customer, its baffling.

I'm so sorry your experience has been this bad:(

I'm so sorry your experience has been this bad:(

Thank you. I'm beside myself. I want the car, as now after having driven one there is nothing that even compares. But the amount of stress I've experienced during this whole process is insane. I think if I decide to not cancel my order, when my financing falls off my account, I plan to remove my trade in and switch to cash, then when I get a VIN and a delivery date I'll call my advisor and have her update my account.

I'm sorry for the delivery issues I'm reading about here -- generally speaking, the Wexford SC has a superb reputation locally and trucks are rolling in pretty regularly.
I don't monitor TMC nearly as much as I used to, but we do have a Pittsburgh area owners group on Facebook, which might be of interest to you-- or at least help provide more data points and commiserate: Facebook Groups

I'm sorry for the delivery issues I'm reading about here -- generally speaking, the Wexford SC has a superb reputation locally and trucks are rolling in pretty regularly.
I don't monitor TMC nearly as much as I used to, but we do have a Pittsburgh area owners group on Facebook, which might be of interest to you-- or at least help provide more data points and commiserate: Facebook Groups

Thank you. I was a little heated about it yesterday. Just to clarify, my interactions with the actual people at Wexford have been very pleasant overall and I know its not their fault these things are happening.

Thank you for the links. I don't have Facebook though unfortunately. My wife and I closed our Facebook accounts back in 2016 and never looked back.

My heart cannot take much more of this.....Are you guys ready for this new turn of events?

My sales advisor calls me today and has great news! They found a model Y and matched it to me. I can pick it up tomorrow! So I start the ball rolling on getting delivery setup and coordinating with my wife, etc............

My sales advisor calls me back and tells me...WHOOPS....I'm still assigned to the VIN, but they accidentally loaded it onto a truck and shipped it off to cleveland....It now has to go all the way to cleveland, get unloaded, then come back. They said it'll be back on Tuesday and I can pick up then.

Now....I'm worried its going to get to cleveland and be assigned to someone else. Or something else ridiculous is going to happen....

I cannot believe what has happened today.

Reactions: stlclint
My heart cannot take much more of this.....Are you guys ready for this new turn of events?

My sales advisor calls me today and has great news! They found a model Y and matched it to me. I can pick it up tomorrow! So I start the ball rolling on getting delivery setup and coordinating with my wife, etc............

My sales advisor calls me back and tells me...WHOOPS....I'm still assigned to the VIN, but they accidentally loaded it onto a truck and shipped it off to cleveland....It now has to go all the way to cleveland, get unloaded, then come back. They said it'll be back on Tuesday and I can pick up then.

Now....I'm worried its going to get to cleveland and be assigned to someone else. Or something else ridiculous is going to happen....

I cannot believe what has happened today.
Wow. This is horrible. Sometimes you wonder how they run this company. Feel sorry man. Hope this is the last end of your troubles