Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is crazy and very disappointing for those of that paid $5K. Our cars instantly depreciated another $5K. Then there are the folks that didn’t get the performance upgrade on their initially order that got screwed as well.
I received a refund of $5000 in just under 4 weeks after my request.. Yes, I gave up free supercharging but I only used it cause it was free. I don't travel much and even if I did $5000 of supercharging would last for years.

@Glamisduner
Capture.PNG

Actually, I think P3D PUP is the best bang/buck since they can replace the tires and brakes (sell the tires) and come out ahead of the Stealthers.

I don't think they can.... unless they sell their wheels/tires for more than 5k AND a pair of 18s (which they obviously can't do) they come out behind now that both get the refund...plus they have the funky hub you need special wheels for.

• Funny
Reactions: Msjulie and dww12
hilarious... everyone gets 5k back and now the bitching over losing FUSC starts.
Seriously, no one should complain about not keeping FUSC while getting 5K refund. The 5K was always an exchange for FUSC not a refund for the PUP. This is why it made sense for the non-PUP owners to get it too and why Knightshade argument never made sense when he kept insisting the 5K refund was related to whether someone paid for PUP. The 5K was actually tied to Elon's perceived value of FUSC when he said it made up for the 5K price drop.

So this 5K is not some kind of gift. It is simply a trade. You can't keep both things in a trade. But you can choose to trade or not.

Last edited:
Elon Musk said:
Not going up. We will just offer those who ordered bought 3P either $5k back or free lifetime Supercharging.
Dear Elon,

Thank you for your generous offer.

Please apply the following to my Model 3 Performance with Performance Upgrade that was ordered in June of 2018:
1. add FUSC (bringing my vehicle to FUSC x2)
2. trade in FUSCx1 and mail me a check for $5k (bringing my vehicle back to the original FUSC x1)

Cheers.

If I was on Twitter I'd bet money he'd never reply to that tweet.

Reactions: Roys3
Seriously, no one should complain about not keeping FUSC while getting 5K refund. The 5K was always an exchange for FUSC not a refund for the PUP and why it made sense for the non-PUP to get it too.

The argument went like this. Since it was brought up that it is unfair that new owners can now buy the P3D for 5K less, Elon rebutted with the fact that new owners don't get FUSC which in his mind was a wash with the 5K discount. When people disagreed with that value he said fine, I'll trade you 5K for FUSC so you can get the same deal as new buyers in a sense making it a wash even for those that disagreed with the value of FUSC being 5K.

But if you got to keep the FUSC and received 5K it would no longer be a wash. So you can keep one or the other but not both. Makes sense and no one should complain. Decide which is more valuable to you and keep that.

Don't forget the double-FUSC'rs. There aren't many of us, but we're still here...

Reactions: juanmedina