Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
okay, i am supposed to take delivery of my P3D- today at 2 pm. Just spoke to my delivery guy and all he heard is about them waiving the performance package fee for those that ordered the car with that. Nothing about cutting the price of the car i am supposed to take delivery on today. If they cannot do that, there is no way on earth i should take delivery of this car. that is messed up.

Yeah somehow I think p3d- is going to get lost in this and end up with the worst of everything.

• Disagree
Reactions: juanmedina
Elon Musk said:
It was underpriced. Anyway, if you want $5k refund & free Supercharging turned off, we will do that.

Why do I think it's funny? I mean my account still says per-for-use so that will be challenging to get right.. ;) Or maybe I should worry it will again get turned off?

What Elon should do is offer Ridiculous Speed for early P3D+ buyers NO CHARGE.

ANY P3 buyer paid $5k more than they would now - if you got the 20" etc you paid for something now (temporarily?) free, if you didn't you paid $5k and didn't get the stuff!

I'll take ridiculous mode for $0 Alex..

okay, i am supposed to take delivery of my P3D- today at 2 pm. Just spoke to my delivery guy and all he heard is about them waiving the performance package fee for those that ordered the car with that. Nothing about cutting the price of the car i am supposed to take delivery on today. If they cannot do that, there is no way on earth i should take delivery of this car. that is messed up.

I would ask them to list the performance upgrade package (brakes, wheels, spoiler, and pedals) on the due bill or take $5000 off the purchase price.

Reactions: Glamisduner
For those that are saying prices change and just deal with it, that's just not what's happening here. If my car wasn't in the body shop right now, it would be an easier pill to swallow. But my timeline was I put a reservation a year and a half ago, then get an email to configure along with every other reservation holder. By the time I got my car you didn't need a reservation any more. Then they scheduled like a million cars to be delivered 9/29 including mine. I could've waited, but that's the date they gave me. They tried to deliver 200 cars that day at the service center, it was pure chaos. They rushed production and I suspect used b-stock cars to get the numbers up and delivered them to first time customers who have overspent on these cars by a large margin. Then he has a profitable quarter, it's not hard to see what they did. But as my car sat in the body shop, a brand new car that cost more than I ever spent, I see it took a 5K depreciation hit less than a month out and don't even know if the parts I have are correct, and I was partly responsible for their amazing quarter, yeah that's a faux pas.

As someone who purchased the LR AWD back in August... at this price point, I would have purchased the M3P+ instead.

This is exactly what I thought when I heard about this. At the old price points, M3P was too rich for my blood for what you got. If these price points were available in late August when I ordered, I definitely would have been giving it a very hard think...it's only a few thousand more than what I paid. (Just took delivery yesterday, and found out about this this morning...)

Reactions: Kermee
Well crap, bad news guys. I just double-checked my Bible (admittedly, it was The Message version) and sure enough right there in Revelation there it is:

"And lo the Angel of the Lord opened the third bowl judgement...and Fred Lambert was mad at Tesla..."

The end is nigh! The end is nigh!!!

Dear god man, I just almost spit my morning coffee all over my laptop. I doubt Apple will give me a refund for THAT. :D

Wow, the mix of orders must have skewed heavily to toward the MR and they needed to drive it back toward the higher profit P3 to maintain Q4 profitability. But, I can’t believe alienating people like this was worth doing it this way. They could have done something more subtle like cutting the price of the plus package, and/or moving a subset of its features down.

For anyone considering their options on free supercharging vs $5k, the $5k seems like the way to go. Hard to use that much supercharging, especially since Tesla starts limiting the supercharge rate after 250-300 supercharge sessions.

For what it’s worth, I think Elon was probably too generous with the $5k in exchange for Supercharging.

Rather than giving money back, Tesla could’ve easily offered free FSD, or Early Firmware Access (like in the new referral program), and/or an invite to an event. Something that made early adopters feel special without cash back.

Even a $5000 discount on next Tesla purchase would’ve been better for them. Or $5,000 on Service/Accesories because those probably have good margins so they’d only be giving ~$2500 but the owner feels whole.

That said, he clearly made it sound like $2k was too cheap for Lifetime Supercharging so maybe Tesla really wants to move people off free? It might not be as valuable for all owners, but maybe the cost and strain on Superchargers makes it a net positive to Tesla?

With that 5K price drop, and even with just the $3750 credit, since FSD is off the menu, you're at like 65K for the P no longer +. That's Audi S4 price, and you're getting a far superior car in every way except for superficial things like the paint, etc. That price is extremely competitive.

Reactions: Jedi2155