Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid 21” rear tire woes - factory defect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any noticeable performance gain or better ride quality with the 20 ps4s vs factory 21”?
I experienced a very noticeable improvement in ride quality and handling with the 20s over the 21s but I'm guessing most of that was due to the lightweight forged 20" wheels compared to heavy 21" arachnids. The steering feels way more responsive/light and the ride quality is less harsh. Really a night and day difference.

Reactions: dev_lvl80
I experienced a very noticeable improvement in ride quality and handling with the 20s over the 21s but I'm guessing most of that was due to the lightweight forged 20" wheels compared to heavy 21" arachnids. The steering feels way more responsive/light and the ride quality is less harsh. Really a night and day difference.
That’s incredible. Can you give specific tire size? I had forged 21s on mine with factory tires and noticed no difference from arachnids.

Imo 20s fit the car better than 21s

They are hilariously expensive per mile, though. I think I worked out that best case I'm paying about 12 cents per mile in tires, and 3 cents per mile for electricity. 😅
Indeed, the T2s are on the pricier side of available PS4S variants across oems.

I’m curious how much I get out of my set. Expecting 20k+.

They’re the only tire I’ll run on the Plaid. I love them and am really glad Tesla worked with Michelin. Still the king of performance street tires.

I'd love for you to explain how I dont know "wtf i'm doing" please. I can't wait to read all about it when I have PS4's on my 911 Turbo, 1000whp Trailblazer SS and my Model S. Please educate me all about the tires I've been using for years lol. Some guys yeesh.
You’re defending a crap tire with these examples? 😂😂😂

Blissful ignorance truly is the best way to live, apparently.

Same impression. Put 500 miles on new setup: 20” square- well alignment - with adj rear arms.
It’s day and night difference.
Soft, comfortable and safe

This just in--stunning that Tesla has remained 100% radio silent on this issue after over two years so insane Plaid rear tire delaminations. Perhaps when a Plaid has a rear tire come apart on a late night "test run" at some 155+ mph, resulting in fatalities, Tesla will give a damn? One would think Tesla Legal might have an input before then, but that would be out of character to think that far ahead perhaps.

It is beyond exasperating that it's gone on for so long and Michelin and Tesla just don't give a damn.

When this blows up there will be a LOT of pain spread around; will history have to repeat?

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
This just in--stunning that Tesla has remained 100% radio silent on this issue after over two years so insane Plaid rear tire delaminations. Perhaps when a Plaid has a rear tire come apart on a late night "test run" at some 155+ mph, resulting in fatalities, Tesla will give a damn? One would think Tesla Legal might have an input before then, but that would be out of character to think that far ahead perhaps.

It is beyond exasperating that it's gone on for so long and Michelin and Tesla just don't give a damn.

When this blows up there will be a LOT of pain spread around; will history have to repeat?

It's been an issue since 2012, not just since the refresh and not with just the Plaid.